NDSEG 2021-2022

confessionsofaphysicsgeek

21 minutes ago, caconym said:

Yeah, I also had the 2nd round panel update, so maybe it was accurate after all

Seems likely, but I'll still hold out hope as someone who didn't get the update.

Congrats again!

4 minutes ago, engruser1455 said:

For those who received emails today, I would be curious to know if your status on the application's website was updated. Thank you and congrats!

Here's what it looks like for me now:

image.thumb.png.dfc69a338cacbd65c5b784aa99347904.png

4 hours ago, cellbiogal said:

Just woke up to an award! It doesn’t feel real. Received it at 10 pm CST. I applied ARO for Biological Sciences. 

Man, 10PM? I know it's a little mean of them to spread out the awards notifications, but I do feel bad for whoever is having to work that late.

In any case, congrats!!!

Congrats to everyone receiving the NDSEG! Exciting. 

Seems like I struck out this round. Applied to AFSOR for Cognitive and Computational Neurosciences (Cognitive, Neural, And Behavioral Sciences discipline). If anyone else did the same and has an update on the portal / received their award, let me know! 

Also, if anyone who received an award is willing to share their personal statement / research proposal, that would be super helpful (want to know where I went wrong, what I can do better next round).

Thanks and congrats to awardees again!

Edited by cognitiveneuronerd

Just now, OpticsDude97 said:

Yeah, I applied to AFOSR in Physics. Haven't heard anything. I called NDSEG and they said they'll email *all* applicants by Friday.

I emailed them and they said the same… fingers crossed we hear something soon. Good or bad, I am just ready for this to be over.

10 minutes ago, cognitiveneuronerd said:

Seems like I struck out this round. Applied to AFSOR for Cognitive and Computational Neurosciences (Cognitive, Neural, And Behavioral Sciences discipline). If anyone else did the same and has an update on the portal / received their award, let me know! 

Also, if anyone who received an award is willing to share their personal statement / research proposal, that would be super helpful (want to know where I went wrong, what I can do better next round).

I don't think you've struck out yet--wait till Friday.

FYI I applied to Neuropsych of Coginition (Neural Computation) for ARO and haven't gotten any updates on my portal yet.

Edited by owobowoz

1 hour ago, cognitiveneuronerd said:

I applied to both the ARO under the Neurophysiology of Cognition AND to the ONR under the Cognitive Science for Human Machine Teaming. Haven't heard back yet.

Last name starts with H. Something that occurred to me is that notifications could be going out in the order they received the applications (ie organized by ID number), which would appear random to us as outsiders.

11 minutes ago, JustScienceThings said:

I applied to both the ARO under the Neurophysiology of Cognition AND to the ONR under the Cognitive Science for Human Machine Teaming. Haven't heard back yet.

Last name starts with H. Something that occurred to me is that notifications could be going out in the order they received the applications (ie organized by ID number), which would appear random to us as outsiders.

Well I submitted the day before the deadline, so I might be waiting for a while haha