Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2022

Tomsand

On 3/18/2022 at 2:52 PM, IsaB said:

@Tomsand my reference haven't received anything so far. Let's see if until the end of March we hear anything new.

I just received an email today, talked about exactly what you stated earlier. 1800+ apps, only 5% considered. I was denied due to my undergraduate being insufficient for their reqs, apparently. Knew it was a long shot with the Econ reqs but threw in my app anyways since they consider other disciplines.(BBA in Management)

I received my acceptance for full scholarship on first week of March. still waiting for EACEA to send me the official letter.  has anyone received their official letter that you supposed to sign and take to embassy?

Edited by jef465

DId anyone here apply for the CEERES and GLODEP? Do you guys know when can we expect the scholarship results for these programmes? On the website it says it will be announced in the 2nd half of March so I'm hoping that means next week. 

24 minutes ago, AliciaFo said:

DId anyone here apply for the CEERES and GLODEP? Do you guys know when can we expect the scholarship results for these programmes? On the website it says it will be announced in the 2nd half of March so I'm hoping that means next week. 

I did the IMCEERES program as well, been hardly able to sleep waiting for the scholarship announcements. The gradcafe forums last year showed they announced at around March 18th last time. Hoping we hear back this week.

What is your background coming into the program if you don’t mind my asking? I applied with a BA in Poli Sci, relying heavily on some papers I wrote in undergrad and a lot of the work I’ve done over the last two years in the private sector relevant to Eastern Europe.

6 minutes ago, ThatSwampYankee said:

I did the IMCEERES program as well, been hardly able to sleep waiting for the scholarship announcements. The gradcafe forums last year showed they announced at around March 18th last time. Hoping we hear back this week.

What is your background coming into the program if you don’t mind my asking? I applied with a BA in Poli Sci, relying heavily on some papers I wrote in undergrad and a lot of the work I’ve done over the last two years in the private sector relevant to Eastern Europe.

I have a BA in PoliSci as well, but I have no relevant work experience, even though my CV isn't that bad it mostly includes volunteering, academic exchanges and workshops. To be honest the only thing that is giving me some optimism is the fact that I am coming from a Western Balkans partner country so I'm hoping that will increase my chances. 

6 minutes ago, AliciaFo said:

I have a BA in PoliSci as well, but I have no relevant work experience, even though my CV isn't that bad it mostly includes volunteering, academic exchanges and workshops. To be honest the only thing that is giving me some optimism is the fact that I am coming from a Western Balkans partner country so I'm hoping that will increase my chances. 

Have faith. It’s been a difficult couple years to find opportunities for a lot of people, and it sounds like you’ve already cleared the first hurdle of getting in. Hope to see you in Tartu!

5 minutes ago, ThatSwampYankee said:

Have faith. It’s been a difficult couple years to find opportunities for a lot of people, and it sounds like you’ve already cleared the first hurdle of getting in. Hope to see you in Tartu!

Thank you! I am so sick of waiting for these results I feel like I won't even feel disappointed if I don't get the scholarship lol I just want to know if I should starting thinking about a back-up plan for my future or not lol. Good luck :)

18 hours ago, Karykatura said:

@Purple ReignGroningen as the home uni, Deusto for the host. Deusto was my second choice for the host, but they’re trying to spread people evenly between all participating unis - so that’s the path I was offered with the scholarship

Groningen I heard is hectic and the best of the consortium. Deusto probably gets less applicants because of the Spanish requirement. I had chosen Uppsala and Malta.

Really great achievement. Congratulations, NOHA has an amazing curriculum. I hope you have a great two years.

On 3/19/2022 at 10:00 PM, Tomsand said:

I just received an email today, talked about exactly what you stated earlier. 1800+ apps, only 5% considered. I was denied due to my undergraduate being insufficient for their reqs, apparently. Knew it was a long shot with the Econ reqs but threw in my app anyways since they consider other disciplines.(BBA in Management)

Yes,  I probably received the same email as you. They said that my academic background in economics is not sufficient. On the website, they only mentioned we should have the equivalent of one semester in microeconomics and macroeconomics, and some other subjects in economics were desirable. but in the email, the evaluation required intermediate level for those subjects and also requisite in other subjects, econometrics and quantitative analysis

Edited by IsaB

On 3/21/2022 at 11:36 AM, IsaB said:

Yes,  I probably received the same email as you. They said that my academic background in economics is not sufficient. On the website, they only mentioned we should have the equivalent of one semester in microeconomics and macroeconomics, and some other subjects in economics were desirable. but in the email, the evaluation required intermediate level for those subjects and also requisite in other subjects, econometrics and quantitative analysis

Yeah, based on the website reqs, I definitely met their requirements. Not the ones stated in the email, though! 

Dear nice people, does anyone know about the prestige and the quality of degree from Erasmus Mundus scholarship? I'm selected for the scholarship but when I looked at the ranking of universities, they weren't very good. I have offers from universities with a much better ranking. Do you guys think EM degree is prestigious despite the rank of those universities you attend at each term?

Hi everyone!

I recieved my unconditional offer from UoG to CLMC program in February and now I'm waiting for the scholarship. Do you have any news about it?

Edited by Danielarenc

15 hours ago, jef465 said:

Dear nice people, does anyone know about the prestige and the quality of degree from Erasmus Mundus scholarship? I'm selected for the scholarship but when I looked at the ranking of universities, they weren't very good. I have offers from universities with a much better ranking. Do you guys think EM degree is prestigious despite the rank of those universities you attend at each term?

Hi there! CONGRATSS

I believe that being awarded with the scholarship adds a lot of prestige to your cv, considering it's really competitive. 
Something that you might want to consider is looking for the reputation of those universities specifically in the field you want to work. 

Good luck with your choice!?

6 hours ago, Danielarenc said:

Hi everyone!

I recieved my unconditional offer from UoG to CLMC program in February and now I'm waiting for the scholarship. Do you have any news about it?

I got the unconditional offer from UoF as well (CEERES) but I still haven't received any info about the scholarship results. I believe they're supposed to send us emails till April, so I'm guessing that it will be announced next week. 

Hey y'all 

Congrats to everyone who got in. :)

I am in a bit of a weird situation. I accidentally said I am a partner candidate when I applied to Erasmus Mundus. But I just got to learn that I qualify as a programme one since I lived for 12 months in a Programme state, despite having a nationality from a Partner country. They have given me a partner scholarship. I notified them on this honest mistake from my part, however, I worried they might take my scholarship away. Has this every happened to anyone? How worried should I be? 

Thank you so much!  

13 hours ago, byrekmegjize said:

Hey y'all 

Congrats to everyone who got in. :)

I am in a bit of a weird situation. I accidentally said I am a partner candidate when I applied to Erasmus Mundus. But I just got to learn that I qualify as a programme one since I lived for 12 months in a Programme state, despite having a nationality from a Partner country. They have given me a partner scholarship. I notified them on this honest mistake from my part, however, I worried they might take my scholarship away. Has this every happened to anyone? How worried should I be? 

Thank you so much!  

Well, from what I heard, they give 75% of their scholarships to partner candidates. So they have to move you back into the programme country list which have a lower chance and if you have a better ranking than the rest of programme country candidates, then they might have to remove someone to replace you in. or if you have a lower rank compare to your peer group, then they might move you to the waiting list.
But this is just common sense. They might operate differently. I Hope you get in.

The lesson to be learned here is: NEVER APPLY BEFORE A PROPER RESEARCH :D

Edited by jef465

36 minutes ago, jef465 said:

Well, from what I heard, they give 75% of their scholarships to partner candidates. So they have to move you back into the programme country list which have a lower chance and if you have a better ranking than the rest of programme country candidates, then they might have to remove someone to replace you in. or if you have a lower rank compare to your peer group, then they might move you to the waiting list.
But this is just common sense. They might operate differently. I Hope you get in.

The lesson to be learned here is: NEVER APPLY BEFORE A PROPER RESEARCH :D

Thank you for telling me this! :) I didn't know about the process. However, I am confused because it seems like they have made their final decisions and sent out all acceptances and rejections yesterday (25th March). They have also given us until the 29th to accept the offer. I sent them an email explaining my situation but I don't know if they will be able to get back to me or re-evaluate my situation in less than 4 days when they've also made all the final decisions. Ughh the stress is high haha 

3 hours ago, Flowerdreamer said:

Has anyone heard any feedback for the Glocal Scholarship? I know someone still waiting for communication after being accepted to the program. 

GLOCAL tweeted this on Sunday: 

So your friend should be hearing from them soon! On their own website timeline they say that people should hear back the first week of April, so with this + the tweet it seems like they're meeting their deadline and that people will be notified of the scholarship real soon :)

1 hour ago, Purple Reign said:

Was just logging in to ask if anyone had heard from EM Human Rights Policy and Practice and literally at the same time received the email of admission!

Wow!

Man.

Had lost hope when I lost out on NOHA but this is so so great!

Congratulations!
have you received your scholarship contract yet?
wish you all the best.

1 hour ago, jef465 said:

Congratulations!
have you received your scholarship contract yet?
wish you all the best.

No, not yet.

They sent an admission letter and specifics about the scholarship amounts and VISA guidelines. They stated that more documents will follow after I have accepted the offer.