Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2022

Tomsand

Hola everyone,

Any applicants for the programs under Erasmus Mundus Scholarships in 2022? The deadline to submit is Jan. '22 on most, IIRC. I currently am planning on applying to the IMCEERES, TourDC, and EGEI Programs. The former two are both under the same university (Glasgow), is it advisable to apply to two programs from the same university? It's not clear to me whether the scholarship itself is "awarded" by the home institution for the program.

Best of luck to all!

• 5 weeks later...

You can always check their program site and see which host university they do belong. You can always apply for a maximum of 3 programs for the EM scholarship, regardless of the host university. Some universities do host multiple EM programs and that's okay to be honest. And I believe all programs have mobility setup, meaning you get to study in 2 or more universities depending on you track/specialization, which you are allowed to choose in the initial stage of your application.

I hope I answered your concerns. Best of luck!!

• 1 month later...

Hey! I've been lurking and hoping others would chime in but I guess I'll have to be one of the first to throw my hat in the ring too haha. I'm also applying for this cycle! Congrats on the conditional offer! Did you end up getting one for IMCEERES as well?

I've applied to three programs (well, two programs, one is delayed on opening their app platform). EPOG, GLOCAL, and GLOBED. Got an unconditional offer for Glasgow for GLOCAL so far. 

Hopefully more people will chime in! Ready to anxiously wait as a group ?

Edited by mc_queen

Also applied, but only to this program so far. Might also apply for the ISAD program at Jagiellonian, but we'll see. Fingers crossed for the scholarship, and best of luck to you all as well. I'm a little encouraged by the extended deadline.

On 1/20/2022 at 7:06 PM, mc_queen said:

Hey! I've been lurking and hoping others would chime in but I guess I'll have to be one of the first to throw my hat in the ring too haha. I'm also applying for this cycle! Congrats on the conditional offer! Did you end up getting one for IMCEERES as well?

I've applied to three programs (well, two programs, one is delayed on opening their app platform). EPOG, GLOCAL, and GLOBED. Got an unconditional offer for Glasgow for GLOCAL so far. 

Hopefully more people will chime in! Ready to anxiously wait as a group ?

Thank you! So, due to issues with my recommendations, I was only able to apply to TourDC. Congratulations on the uncon offer, best of luck on receiving your choice of program and scholarship!

On 1/22/2022 at 8:37 AM, ThatSwampYankee said:

Also applied, but only to this program so far. Might also apply for the ISAD program at Jagiellonian, but we'll see. Fingers crossed for the scholarship, and best of luck to you all as well. I'm a little encouraged by the extended deadline.

Thank you, best of luck to you as well. I will be interested in hearing how it goes for you with IMCEERES! The history + language side of me would love to do that program...

On 1/23/2022 at 5:00 PM, Tomsand said:

Thank you! So, due to issues with my recommendations, I was only able to apply to TourDC. Congratulations on the uncon offer, best of luck on receiving your choice of program and scholarship!

Thanks! And sorry to hear about your letters of rec :(. Keeping my fingers crossed for you for TourDC ?

Hey! Just received an unconditional offer for the ILGSPD master (only two weeks after I applied). I am strongly doubting my chances of getting the scholarship though, as I’m a programme country applicant so very few places available. Couldn’t find a date when they’re releasing the results, but I assume end of March?
Good luck to all of you!

9 hours ago, Cyan36 said:

Hey! Just received an unconditional offer for the ILGSPD master (only two weeks after I applied). I am strongly doubting my chances of getting the scholarship though, as I’m a programme country applicant so very few places available. Couldn’t find a date when they’re releasing the results, but I assume end of March?
Good luck to all of you!

Congrats! Thanks for pointing the chances of scholarship while being a programme country applicant. As a dual nat., I could have applied as a Partner country instead of a Programme country but went with Programme country (Spain). Should I have applied as a partner country (USA) to increase my chances? Is there any solid acceptance statistics behind Erasmus Mundus scholarships?

I second this. I don’t think I’ve been able to find anything online, but I do know they had 20+ scholarships for the IMCEERES program this year. In past years they’d accepted about eight times that number into the program according to a letter I found online.

Between the virus and the deadline extension I suspect that number will be lower this year. Silver lining is maybe there are better odds for us?

I just received my unconditional offer for IMCEERES today! Screaming rn, but it’ll be a grueling intermission before we get word on scholarships. 

Cheers, and best of luck once again

Edited by ThatSwampYankee

For GLOCAL they had mentioned in one of their posts about 600 applications and then ranking the top 100 with 20+ receiving fellowships. Does the 600+ include those who got conditional or unconditional offers? I heard GLOCAL have become pretty competitive lately (with almost 900 applications, I read somewhere).

5 hours ago, rkjohn said:

For GLOCAL they had mentioned in one of their posts about 600 applications and then ranking the top 100 with 20+ receiving fellowships. Does the 600+ include those who got conditional or unconditional offers? I heard GLOCAL have become pretty competitive lately (with almost 900 applications, I read somewhere).

If GLOCAL received 600 applications, then I do not think this is the number for the amount of persons who received a cond/uncond. offer (it's just the number of apps received). I believe those who do receive offers receive them under the guise of "self-funded", and later will or will not receive the scholarship. 

19 hours ago, ThatSwampYankee said:

I second this. I don’t think I’ve been able to find anything online, but I do know they had 20+ scholarships for the IMCEERES program this year. In past years they’d accepted about eight times that number into the program according to a letter I found online.

Between the virus and the deadline extension I suspect that number will be lower this year. Silver lining is maybe there are better odds for us?

I just received my unconditional offer for IMCEERES today! Screaming rn, but it’ll be a grueling intermission before we get word on scholarships. 

It's quite possible that the number of applicants will be lower this year due to the virus and their extension. However, I thought this would be the case for a different scholarship I applied to in early 2021 (Boren), and instead it ended up being more competitive. Nonetheless, seeing the amount of activity on this thread compared to last year's Erasmus Mundus thread on this forum, it does seem like there are less applicants this year overall.

On 2/6/2022 at 7:29 AM, Tomsand said:

Congrats! Thanks for pointing the chances of scholarship while being a programme country applicant. As a dual nat., I could have applied as a Partner country instead of a Programme country but went with Programme country (Spain). Should I have applied as a partner country (USA) to increase my chances? Is there any solid acceptance statistics behind Erasmus Mundus scholarships?

You could have applied as partner country applicant for better chances (depends on your declared permanent residence I believe). At least that's based on the EM guidelines I've read before, if I'm not mistaken. Since EU wants diverse scholars, they're accepting at least one or two from each country/region which means you have to be the top candidate in your country/region to have more chances. And mind you gender is also a major factor in selection. Going back, the ratio for selected applicants for scholarship is at an estimate of 1 Programme Country is to 3 Partner Country. It may not be exact but that's the general idea of it.

Wish you and everyone good luck!

On 2/9/2022 at 9:59 AM, ThatSwampYankee said:

Congratulations! I have received my unconditional offer too a week ago. Waiting for the scholarship results! 
Good luck!

Hello, guys! I just finished my quiz on EMerald. I hope I get it. There are 279 applicants from all over the world lol And I think there are only 12 to 16 slots annually. I based this on their cohort's thesis collection.

Btw, I dont see much of EMerald applicants in this thread?

9 hours ago, waterpark said:

Hi everyone! I have an unconditional offer for GLOCAL right now that I'm not sure how to wait for... April is so far away.

Got rejected by MUrCS last week and I'm trying to appeal, but I'm not hoping for much. 

Good luck to all of us!

Congrats! When did you get the unconditional offer?