Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2022

Tomsand

1 minute ago, pkaz said:

As far as I know, an interview with your evaluators means they want to evaluate you and see if you are fit for the programme/scholorship. Have you been interviewed before?

Nope this would be my first interview with them. I am just not too familiar with the unconditional/conditional status system. I think it might be a good idea to email them and ask if I am in conditional status because I haven't graduated university yet or because I might have forgotten to submit an application document. 

Does this mean though that if you get accepted to the program, you also get accepted for the scholarship? I am a bit confused about how they go about deciding such things haha. 

6 minutes ago, byrekmegjize said:

Nope this would be my first interview with them. I am just not too familiar with the unconditional/conditional status system. I think it might be a good idea to email them and ask if I am in conditional status because I haven't graduated university yet or because I might have forgotten to submit an application document. 

Does this mean though that if you get accepted to the program, you also get accepted for the scholarship? I am a bit confused about how they go about deciding such things haha. 

Then my guess is, it's definitely for evaluation. It's rare to get accepted with no interview (except for some courses). A conditional offer means you are accepted only if you can provide them with something. it could be your degree, true/hard copy of your degree, language degree, interview, etc.
And for your second question, no I don't think acceptance to the course automatically makes you eligible for the scholarship. You might get accepted on a self-fund basis.
But yeah, make sure to email them.

4 hours ago, Flowerdreamer said:

Congratulations! I wasn't accepted into pathway F. May I ask which pathway and what your background ? And any tips? 

Thank you! It was my second time applying so don’t loose hope :) I chose pathway B. I tried to pay equal attention to my CV and personal statement (The first time I focused way to much on the essay). For the personal statement, I tried to answer the questions they suggested, I also wrote it very carefully (I wrote it within a period of two weeks because I was editing it over and over again) and trying to highlight my achievements in a different way than on the CV. Of course you have to be genuine and let them know who you are and what you will bring to the table. I have a bachelor degree on International business and I have experience on consulting and banking 

3 hours ago, byrekmegjize said:

Hey everyone, 

I got an email today about a conditional status for the TCCM program. They asked me to schedule an interview with my evaluators. 

Does this mean that I am accepted and the interview is about the scholarship? Or that I am not accepted until after they interview me and decide if I am a good fit or not? 

Thank you for your help! :)

Most likely the interview with evaluators will be for the basis of your acceptance to the program first, then the scholarship if you ranked top 20 more or less. Getting to be interviewed is a good start so better nail it! Good luck! ??

Hey everyone. does anyone know if the UK is still considered to be a programme country? I'm an international (out of EU) and I was in the UK for more than 12 months. I'm trying to understand if I consider being part of a programme country or a partner country?

Edited by pkaz

2 hours ago, pkaz said:

Hey everyone. does anyone know if the UK is still considered to be a programme country? I'm an international (out of EU) and I was in the UK for more than 12 months. I'm trying to understand if I consider being part of a programme country or a partner country?

I don't think so, as far as Brexit is concerned, I think the changes of the separation are pretty solid now. 

Has anyone heard back from the programs that were to announce their decisions for the scholarship in March? Like I applied to Euroculture, I'm from a partner country, euroculture was supposed to announce the results in early march. The first week of March is already coming to an end...what constitutes as "early March", and what if the decisions are already rolling out, is it a thing that the people that get the results of the decision earlier are the ones that were considered as apposed to the ones that didn't make the cut?  ?

Also like does anyone think this ukraine crisis will have an affect on the amount of funding allocated for the Erasmus mundus programs. Super concerned here, first time applying...

Edited by Luce

10 minutes ago, Luce said:

Also like does anyone think this ukraine crisis will have an affect on the amount of funding allocated for the Erasmus mundus programs. Super concerned here, first time applying...

This is my concern too, but hopefully, it won't affect anything at least for this year, since they are already sending the results and preparing for the new academic year.

On 2/20/2022 at 11:59 AM, wilbern.blitz said:

Hello, guys! I just finished my quiz on EMerald. I hope I get it. There are 279 applicants from all over the world lol And I think there are only 12 to 16 slots annually. I based this on their cohort's thesis collection.

Btw, I dont see much of EMerald applicants in this thread?

hi, you are not alone. I am also waiting news from EMerald.  You are right it is quite difficult to find those who applied to

EMerald 

16 hours ago, pkaz said:

It's a programme country (UK participate in funding the Erasmus Mundus programmes and academic institutions like University of Glasgow, for instance)

Hey did anyone receive their unofficial placement for the scholarship? last week I received this email from the programme director that I was among the top 20 absolute ranking list. I had to give them a written confirmation that I accept the status of a scholarship holder and now they are going to consult with the scholarship provider. very nervous about this final consult thing -_-

55 minutes ago, FV322 said:

It's a programme country (UK participate in funding the Erasmus Mundus programmes and academic institutions like University of Glasgow, for instance)

I think you are wrong. UK is not a programme country anymore. read the full statement on Erasmus website:
https://erasmus-plus.ec.europa.eu/the-uk-and-erasmus

The UK is no longer an EU Member State. It has also opted not to take part as an associated third country in the new Erasmus+ programme 2021-27.  The UK will therefore not be taking part in the new programme as a Programme Country. The European Commission regrets this decision by the United Kingdom.

Edited by jef465

3 hours ago, FV322 said:

Oh that makes sense tbh...

19 hours ago, Luce said:

Yes, unfortunately, it might affect. not only in the amount of funding but also if another country gets involved, it might lead to escalation of war and then it would be a situation like covid when the borders were almost closed to foreigners. No one knows what is going to happen in the next few months and it makes sense to apply for non-europian countries as well.
good luck.

Edited by hakjack

20 hours ago, jef465 said:

Hey did anyone receive their unofficial placement for the scholarship? last week I received this email from the programme director that I was among the top 20 absolute ranking list. I had to give them a written confirmation that I accept the status of a scholarship holder and now they are going to consult with the scholarship provider. very nervous about this final consult thing -_-

I think you are wrong. UK is not a programme country anymore. read the full statement on Erasmus website:
https://erasmus-plus.ec.europa.eu/the-uk-and-erasmus

The UK is no longer an EU Member State. It has also opted not to take part as an associated third country in the new Erasmus+ programme 2021-27.  The UK will therefore not be taking part in the new programme as a Programme Country. The European Commission regrets this decision by the United Kingdom.

Congratulations on your offer, which programme did you get an offer for? The final consult doesn't seem to be an impediment, since you have already been selected by the prog committee. 

On 3/1/2022 at 4:20 PM, mc_queen said:

??  I'm sorry! Did you apply to any other programs. 

Yeah, I had applied to GLOCAL and I have an offer from them, but I am not too hopeful regarding the fellowship. 

Hey everyone, 

I applied to the Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modeling program and was asked for a 30 min interview. Do you all have any tips on how I can best prepare and what questions they might ask? Also, should I expect technical questions to be asked? 

Thank you! :) 

12 hours ago, rkjohn said:

Yeah, I had applied to GLOCAL and I have an offer from them, but I am not too hopeful regarding the fellowship. 

Yeah, there's a lot of competition there :/. But try to stay positive! And if not this year there could always be next year ?

On 3/7/2022 at 10:34 AM, rkjohn said:

Congratulations on your offer, which programme did you get an offer for? The final consult doesn't seem to be an impediment, since you have already been selected by the prog committee. 

Thank you so much! I hope so. my programme is fine art.

On 3/7/2022 at 5:54 PM, byrekmegjize said:

Hey everyone, 

I applied to the Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modeling program and was asked for a 30 min interview. Do you all have any tips on how I can best prepare and what questions they might ask? Also, should I expect technical questions to be asked? 

Well, my programme is quite different from yours, but they asked me about my portfolio, my choices, why did I chose this specific path, what are my plans for my thesis, what are the exact areas of my interest, they wanted explanations for all aspects of my work in the past and every choice I made. Then some unrelated questions about what kind of books I read, etc.
 I don't know how many interviews you have done in the past but this one can be a bit apprehensive at first glance because you probably going to face a group of people from different universities, all of them presented in the zoom video call and each one is going to bring up a different subject and ask different questions. Some of these questions can be challenging but interviewers are all nice and super friendly.
 Best of luck

Edited by jef465

On 3/7/2022 at 7:24 PM, byrekmegjize said:

Hey everyone, 

Yes you should expect some theoretical questions. Listen revise some stuff for the interview and always stay confident! A lot of times interviewers are rather aggressive in their stances because they are trying to break your level of confidence, even if you don't know the answer or need a few minutes to recall it, tell them.

Edited by Luce

5 hours ago, Luce said:

Has anyone applied to Euroculture and heard back from them? They were supposed to announce their results in early March. 

I haven't heard anything from them yet, it's very nerve racking, it seems like they are going to delay the results. Last year, the results were announced at the end of March

5 hours ago, Luce said:

Has anyone applied to Euroculture and heard back from them? They were supposed to announce their results in early March. 

I'm not sure about yours but in my programme, they first announced the result to those who were accepted, then, gave them a week to accept or reject and if anyone rejected, they would send the offer to a new person. so if you haven't heard anything in the allocated time, you might be on the waitlist.
Or maybe it's just a delay for everyone. I hope you get accepted. good luck.

Edited by jef465

24 minutes ago, nina9772 said:

I haven't heard anything from them yet, it's very nerve racking, it seems like they are going to delay the results. Last year, the results were announced at the end of March

24 minutes ago, jef465 said:

I'm not sure about yours but in my programme, they first announced the result to those who were accepted, then, gave them a week to accept or reject and if anyone rejected, they would send the offer to a new person. so if you haven't heard anything in the allocated time, you might be on the waitlist.
Or maybe it's just a delay for everyone. I hope you get accepted. good luck.

Every program works differently. For instance I applied to adult education for social change as well and got accepted by the main host university, but they stated in their email you can accept or reject this offer after the Erasmus mundus scholarship results were later announced in march or April. After they have been announced, I have 1 week to accept or reject the offer since I specified I needed funding. 

The euroculture one specified they were going to announce the self finance applicants after 2 weeks of the deadline but the scholarship dependent applicants were to receive the results in early March.

In their official Reddit page, euroculture specified early March for them is the 15th of March. Let's wait till then. I mean waiting till the 15th is already nerve-wracking but if we have to wait till the end of March, that's even more nerve wracking... ?

Edited by Luce

47 minutes ago, Luce said:

Every program works differently. For instance I applied to adult education for social change as well and got accepted by the main host university, but they stated in their email you can accept or reject this offer after the Erasmus mundus scholarship results were later announced in march or April. After they have been announced, I have 1 week to accept or reject the offer since I specified I needed funding. 

The euroculture one specified they were going to announce the self finance applicants after 2 weeks of the deadline but the scholarship dependent applicants were to receive the results in early March.

In their official Reddit page, euroculture specified early March for them is the 15th of March. Let's wait till then. I mean waiting till the 15th is already nerve-wracking but if we have to wait till the end of March, that's even more nerve wracking... ?

Have you applied to other programs? And are you a program or partner country?

5 minutes ago, nina9772 said:

Have you applied to other programs? And are you a program or partner country?

I have only applied to two programs this year and I'm a partner country. Is this distinction important?