Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2022

Tomsand

1 minute ago, Luce said:

I also looked at LinkedIn. They had a mix of experiences. I got an acceptance from Glasgow as well in January but god knows what's gonna happen with the scholarships decisions. Also their criteria is written on their website, they use a point system. Publications and languages help a lot as well as like if the applicant has an exchange program experience. 

Yes, but they don't really mention how many point there is for each criteria.. other programs dedicate specific points and they do let you know what's the final point for your application, while euroculture is a bit ambiguous. 

1 minute ago, vdcastillo said:

Can I ask where you're from? I'm from the Philippines, I know a few people who've gotten scholarships so I might ask for advice as well this year...

I am from Jordan, not a lot of people apply to erasmus mundus here, but still, I don't want to get my hopes too high

1 minute ago, nina9772 said:

I am from Jordan, not a lot of people apply to erasmus mundus here, but still, I don't want to get my hopes too high

Do you think there are less applicants for EUROSUD? I did notice that they moved the deadline from January 14 to January 21, so I thought maybe they weren't receiving a lot of applications. I mean, would they have done that if there were already a lot...

Just now, vdcastillo said:

Do you think there are less applicants for EUROSUD? I did notice that they moved the deadline from January 14 to January 21, so I thought maybe they weren't receiving a lot of applications. I mean, would they have done that if there were already a lot...

I believe that too.. and because the program is specific (mostly about southern europe and the Mediterranean), so I think for that reason people usually apply to Euroculture. I hope that's the case.

1 minute ago, nina9772 said:

I believe that too.. and because the program is specific (mostly about southern europe and the Mediterranean), so I think for that reason people usually apply to Euroculture. I hope that's the case.

Let's keep our fingers crossed then. As far as I know, they'll release the results in the first week of April. Good luck to us!

9 minutes ago, vdcastillo said:

Can I ask where you're from? I'm from the Philippines, I know a few people who've gotten scholarships so I might ask for advice as well this year...

I'm from Pakistan. Not a lot of ppl here go for Erasmus mundus, but if you want advice, check the criteria they use to judge the applicants. You can find it on some of the program's websites

To those who were on top 20 and got accepted: did anyone receive their official scholarship letter yet? I'm still waiting for EACEA to send me the official letter so I can go to the embassy and do the visa stuff - __- I heard it takes up to 2 months for them to issue the visa. this is nerve-racking. -______-

Good luck everyone with their result! don't lose hope if you weren't accepted. there is always another year and you only going to get stronger!

4 hours ago, nina9772 said:

Yes, but they don't really mention how many point there is for each criteria.. other programs dedicate specific points and they do let you know what's the final point for your application, while euroculture is a bit ambiguous. 

I checked for a number of Erasmus Mundus programs to find whether their criteria for judgment was similar and it was...I mean we don't have a lot of information in regards to what's their criteria for judging candidates, we can at least work towards what we do know...

Ima learn some languages, get some papers published and concentrate on making my profile even better now. Tbh time flies, we won't even notice it until the next admissions rounds are open, for all those on the reserve list or those that got rejected, man we gonna kill it next year ? I know really successful people who tried the first time and got rejected but got accepted in their second try. 

Let's power through this ???

1 hour ago, Luce said:

I checked for a number of Erasmus Mundus programs to find whether their criteria for judgment was similar and it was...I mean we don't have a lot of information in regards to what's their criteria for judging candidates, we can at least work towards what we do know...

Ima learn some languages, get some papers published and concentrate on making my profile even better now. Tbh time flies, we won't even notice it until the next admissions rounds are open, for all those on the reserve list or those that got rejected, man we gonna kill it next year ? I know really successful people who tried the first time and got rejected but got accepted in their second try. 

Let's power through this ???

True, but I think it's important to get some work experience in the political field if you don't have any background in politics or international relations. I think this would boost the application

29 minutes ago, nina9772 said:

True, but I think it's important to get some work experience in the political field if you don't have any background in politics or international relations. I think this would boost the application

I have a lot research internships working with the government and having mun experience. The problem is at least in my country, this field is rather niche because Pakistan doesn't really have a true democracy. It's hard to find internships or work in politics. I'm trying to find it, even though I got lucky and got some experience before in this field, now it's become so hard and I don't understand why a country that has such a sad democracy doesn't invest in this research, but until I can find any opportunities, I'll have to fullfil my time by at least publishing the ideas I have in my head through research papers and learning languages or even doing courses on Coursera that are narrowed to Euroculture. 

Anyone here who has applied to Food4S? Still waiting for program acceptance at the host university (KU Leuven). The other program from a different scholarship grant (VLIR-UOS) has already sent their admission letter but still waiting for their announcement for scholarship which might happen up until June. It's a looooong waiting game. ?

Hi everyone, I am a programme country applicant and I am placed on the reserve list. I am on top of the reserve list for one of the programs I applied. How many chances are there for me to get promote to main list? There are total 4 scholarships for programe country applicant and my rank is 5.

Edited by Amss23

6 hours ago, Amss23 said:

Hi everyone, I am a programme country applicant and I am placed on the reserve list. I am on top of the reserve list for one of the programs I applied. How many chances are there for me to get promote to main list? There are total 4 scholarships for programe country applicant and my rank is 5.

Your chances would depend on the scholarship acceptance of those top 4 candidates. Just hope that they also got admitted to other programs (with scholarship of course) as they might choose those over the program where you are waitlisted. The chances are still high knowing you're the next in line candidate for the programme country. Wish you luck! ??

On 3/17/2022 at 8:57 AM, IsaB said:

Did anyone's referee person receive an email from EGEI programme requesting the reference letter? Did someone already receive an invite for an interview?

I applied to EGEI, I would think that your reference should have received that email a couple of weeks ago at the close of the application? I haven’t heard anything from the program. There is supposed to be an interview?

@Tomsand did your reference person receive the email to send the letter to EGEI? The selection committee answered me on 15th February they would only request the reference letters of eligible candidates who have a pre-evaluation above a given threshold as they have received more than 1500 applications.

Edited by IsaB

41 minutes ago, IsaB said:

@Tomsand did your reference person receive the email to send the letter to EGEI? The selection committee answered me on 15th February they would only request the reference letters of eligible candidates who have a pre-evaluation above a given threshold as they have received more than 1500 applications.

Oh I see, no, I haven’t heard anything from my reference. Did you hear back? Early March was the decision date for this program correct? You’d think we would have people posting about it.

5 hours ago, Karykatura said:

Just got news from NOHA that I got the Erasmus scholarship (Programme country), so supposedly people should be starting to hear from them soon-ish

I got a rejection from NOHA. [Bachelors (3.7/4), Masters (Distinction), Great references, 5 years experience in NGO, 3 languages, 5 research papers, 6 MOOCs [They said it was a very tough year with a lot of qualified people]

MASSIVE Congratulations!

Will you be accepting the offer?

Edited by Purple Reign

10 hours ago, Karykatura said:

@Purple Reign Already accepted ?

Your qualifications sound really outstanding - did you apply to any other EMJMD programs? 

Fantastic! Which home and host unis did you choose? Really wanted NOHA although I did apply to other EM programmes.

As well as the Swedish Institute Scholarships. Fingers crossed.