Biomedical Sciences PhD Applicants (Fall 2022)

pathoscientist

20 hours ago, busy_bean said:

So I saw an international student post an interview for Harvard MCO earlier today and was wondering if anyone else received one? I definitely did not but I wasn't going to base my soft rejection on a single post. Thanks!!!

I received an invitation yesterday, unsure if they will send out more invites though. Best of luck!

On 1/14/2022 at 5:34 PM, IamPokemon said:

Question for those who received interview invitations to UW-Madison's MDTP Program

Did you all receive an email from them containing a link to a document that lists the profiles of all of the invitees? This is kind of weird as I can't figure out if it was an accident or intentional. Each profile contains the Name, Undergrad/ Graduate school info, email address, research interest, Faculty interests, personal interests and Photo of all invitees. If you received it, what do you make of it? 

Yes, I received the same document. I don't think it was an accident, I guess it was just convenient for them to make one document and send a mass email rather than do it individually. As far as I know, they want us to see and let them know if there's any error in the personal info or preferences on the document.

Personally, I like how they sent it to everyone as it gives you a chance to see how many and who your fellow interviewees are, to know what people are interested in and to contact them before or after interview about their views on school, the interview process etc. I recently interviewed for another school and there was no chance to communicate with fellow interviewees at all, and no way of getting their contact info. 

Is anyone waiting to hear back from Stanford's Biomedical Physics PhD program? I've only seen one other person ask about it on the results page and I know its a new program this year so there isn't much to compare it to. The degree is in a different department from the rest of Stanford's biosciences. Trying to stay hopeful...

On 1/16/2022 at 9:47 PM, pozix said:

Did anyone hear back from Yale BBS BQBS?

Nope. And at this point, I've moved on. It's probably either a waitlist or a silent rejection. I don't have the mental or emotional energy to continue to expend on wondering and stressing over whether or not I have been invited to the institutions I have yet to hear from. I am very grateful for the interview opportunities I have gotten, and I will be using my energy and thought processes to prepare for those interviews I have coming up soon. If I do end up getting an invite from Yale BBS BQBS or the others, I will cross that bridge if I come to it. For right now, I'm gonna assume that those are opportunities I didn't get. 

20 minutes ago, Byebyecancer said:

Anyone else dying to hear back from Yale BBS after interview T_T 

This is me but with Harvard interview was last week current students said they heard back the week after interviews. I can't even care about my other interviews

On 1/18/2022 at 8:23 PM, Arandavia said:

@stemcellenthusiast from what program?

Within the molecular biosciences cluster Cellular and Molecular Biology. The email was from the head of the department and he said official acceptance letter would be coming in the next week or so!

16 hours ago, RetroScience said:

Has anyone heard from the MVP track from CAMB program at UPenn? Figuring that might be silent rejection. 

I haven't but my advisors said some programs wait till February or March so I'm not stressing. 

17 hours ago, RetroScience said:

Has anyone heard from the MVP track from CAMB program at UPenn? Figuring that might be silent rejection. 

I haven't heard from them either. I am starting to think its a rejection too :(

1 hour ago, MindyMermaid said:

Anyone know about interview invites for the following programs?

Vandy IGP, UVA BIMS, Scripps Chemical Biology

Side note: I interviewed with Tulane this past weekend and I absolutely loved them, hoping for my first offer from there! 

UVA invites went out in december

1 hour ago, pathoscientist said:

I was just about to ask that. I interviewed last week and still haven't heard anything. Didn't they say decisions could come out this week?

I interviewed on the 6th and still haven't heard back. I saw some results saying some people were accepted on the 10th (but nothing else since then) so I'm starting to get a bit nervous ? It's relieving to see you haven't heard either; maybe the committee is a bit backed up on reviewing materials. The last interview day is the 24th so hopefully we'll know soon  

1 hour ago, koala52 said:

I interviewed on the 6th and still haven't heard back. I saw some results saying some people were accepted on the 10th (but nothing else since then) so I'm starting to get a bit nervous ? It's relieving to see you haven't heard either; maybe the committee is a bit backed up on reviewing materials. The last interview day is the 24th so hopefully we'll know soon  

Hi guys (koala52 and pathoscientist) -- I am also anxiously awaiting to hear some news from Umass Chan (good or bad), but nothing yet. I interviewed on the 14th. 

Edited by mintelope