Biomedical Sciences PhD Applicants (Fall 2022)

pathoscientist

1 hour ago, MolecularBioSteven said:

So Anxious! I applied to Yale BBS (MMPP Track), Harvard BBS, Cornell (BMCB), Hopkins (BCMB) and it seems they will send interview invitations before Dec. 22nd previously. Has anyone who have heard back from these programs? The wait is so painful.

I saw some Yale interview and rejection posts yesterday and some Harvard interview posts today but different tracks could send out invites at different times.

Seems like no one has posted about hearing anything from Cornell yet (for every program) except for Weill Cornell programs. In past years invites for programs at the Ithaca campus seem to have gone out Dec 17ish-Dec 23ish.

Hey everyone! Wishing you all the best of luck. So far I've gotten interview invitations from Duke MGM, UNC BBSP, UVA BIMS, and Tufts MM. Still waiting for Vandy IGP...I know they do review in batches but I'm still so nervous since some people have heard from them already! Checking on here all the time now to maybe not reduce my panic but at least know we're in it together! 

19 hours ago, sarscov3 said:

Got a call from Berkeley MCB today (my first choice)!! Yay!! :^) A PI I had emailed/talked to during the application process called then emailed me. 

Anyone else still (hopefully) waiting on Columbia CMBS?.. lol ? Good luck everyone! 

I think CMBS also went out on 12/15??

41 minutes ago, smilexx said:

Does anyone know if these programs send invites at different time for domestic and international applicants?earlier for domestic, later for international students?

I know UT Southwestern does send invites at different times for domestic vs. international, but other schools don't do this. I got an interview for WashU at the same time as domestic applicants. I'm an international with a degree from the US.

20 minutes ago, thekindflower said:

I know UT Southwestern does send invites at different times for domestic vs. international, but other schools don't do this. I got an interview for WashU at the same time as domestic applicants. I'm an international with a degree from the US.

oh, ok, because so far I don't receive any response from any school ☹️. I am an international, no degree from US. Anyway. Hope interviews coming soon! thank you!

1 hour ago, Potato_soup said:

I think CMBS also went out on 12/15??

Turns out CMBS invites are still  going out! A friend received one this morning. I applied to the genetics program track and their interviews seem to range from Dec 9 - Dec 30th over the past years 

Hi everyone! I've heard from a lot of schools since I last posted, but I'm still waiting on Harvard, Purdue, and WashU. I applied to the closest molecular/cellular biology equivalent at basically everywhere.

Still Waiting: Purdue, WashU, Harvard

Interview: Upenn (12/15), Minnesota (12/16), Ohio State (12/16), University of Chicago (12/16), University of Michigan (12/17), Northwestern (12/17)

Rejected: Wisconsin-Madison (12/15)

35 minutes ago, sarscov3 said:

Turns out CMBS invites are still  going out! A friend received one this morning. I applied to the genetics program track and their interviews seem to range from Dec 9 - Dec 30th over the past years 

I received an invite for CMBS today around 1pm. Don’t give up yet! I think for most applications in general there’s no mass email they send at once- it seems to range over a few hours if not days.

I E-mailed my prospective PI from a University to which I have applied, saying that I have applied and willing to work with her.

She replied, "I would be delighted to explore the possibility of you joining the lab, It would be fantastic to have a new student. Pls let me know if you want to follow up at any point in your application process or if there is anything I could help with"

What does she mean by this and how should I tell her politely to give me interview invite? ??

Edited by QWERTYMNB97
typo

Just wanted to update my profile too. Good luck everyone!

Applied (10) - UNC Chapel Hill BBSP, Stanford Biosciences (Molecular and Cellular Physiology), UChicago Pritzker School of Molec Engineering, UCSF Tetrad, Vanderbilt IGP, University of Washington MCB, Harvard BBS, MIT Biology, UT Austin Cell and Molecular Biology, Yale BBSP MCGD Track

Interview: UNC (12/17), Stanford (12/17)

Rejected: Yale BBSP (12/14 - email to check portal), UCSF Tetrad (12/16, email notification)

Accepted:

5 minutes ago, proteinaggftw said:

Just wanted to update my profile too. Good luck everyone!

Applied (10) - UNC Chapel Hill BBSP, Stanford Biosciences (Molecular and Cellular Physiology), UChicago Pritzker School of Molec Engineering, UCSF Tetrad, Vanderbilt IGP, University of Washington MCB, Harvard BBS, MIT Biology, UT Austin Cell and Molecular Biology, Yale BBSP MCGD Track

Interview: UNC (12/17), Stanford (12/17)

Rejected: Yale BBSP (12/14 - email to check portal), UCSF Tetrad (12/16, email notification)

Accepted:

wow! Congrats on the interviews. I also received a rejection email from UCSF Tetrad. It was a bit blunt imo ?

59 minutes ago, Caffeinated_scientist said:

BBS was today but Chembio might be later so it's not too late! My friend who applied last year said his invitation was sent in January.

Do you know if BBS is done sending out invites? I saw in another thread that the coordinator said December 17-20. Also seems like far fewer people have uploaded to the results page than in previous years...

3 minutes ago, GenBio said:

Do you know if BBS is done sending out invites? I saw in another thread that the coordinator said December 17-20. Also seems like far fewer people have uploaded to the results page than in previous years...

I'm not sure, but the email they sent wasn't personalized like most other invites so I think it might have been a mass email.

25 minutes ago, applicant321 said:

I heard from a Harvard PI that Harvard BBS is experiencing some delays and will continue to send out invites over the weekend, so don't panic if you haven't heard anything yet.

Oh this is encouraging, thanks (if it’s legit)! Now to be frantically checking my inbox again…

Edited by MindyMermaid

@sarscov3 @chemicalbiology would y'all mind posting here when you get official follow-up emails from the berkeley MCB program admins, in addition to being contacted by your POIs? i imagine they're likely done calling since it's the weekend now, but there have only been a couple of results search posts about the program, so i'm not sure what to make of that.