Biomedical Sciences PhD Applicants (Fall 2022)

pathoscientist

Wanted to share what schools I've received interviews from in case anyone else is looking out for emails from these schools! 

Vanderbilt IGP, University of California San Francisco Tetrad, University of Chicago Cancer Biology, Baylor College of Medicine Genetics and Genomics 

Has anyone heard back from UW Seattle MCB or Yale BBS? 

Got a call from Berkeley MCB today (my first choice)!! Yay!! :^) A PI I had emailed/talked to during the application process called then emailed me. 

Anyone else still (hopefully) waiting on Columbia CMBS?.. lol ? Good luck everyone! 

Oh man, congrats on the Berkeley interview! Out of curiosity, do you happen to know if all of those calls are going out at once? It looks like in past years interview offers have been extended over several days, but I'm not sure if that's just because folks only gradually reported their results...

15 hours ago, womeninstem22 said:

Wanted to share what schools I've received interviews from in case anyone else is looking out for emails from these schools! 

Vanderbilt IGP, University of California San Francisco Tetrad, University of Chicago Cancer Biology, Baylor College of Medicine Genetics and Genomics 

Has anyone heard back from UW Seattle MCB or Yale BBS? 

Congrats! When did you get from Vanderbilt and your profile?

I posted on reddit asking if anyone else had heard from Harvard BBS and people replied saying the admissions committee is sending out invites Dec 17-20. And historically it's come out on a Friday. I went back to older results and it looks like they come out around 2ish. Fingers crossed! 

Edited by MD2PA

I got a call today from a PI at UTMB who asked me a few basic questions (why this school, research interests etc) and said to look out for an email coming with recruitment weekend details! I am also anxiously awaiting Harvard BBS.

17 minutes ago, MD2PA said:

I posted on reddit asking if anyone else had heard from Harvard BBS and people replied saying the admissions committee is sending out invites Dec 17-20. And historically it's come out on a Friday. I went back to older results and it looks like they come out around 2ish. Fingers crossed! 

which time zone lol

So Anxious! I applied to Yale BBS (MMPP Track), Harvard BBS, Cornell (BMCB), Hopkins (BCMB) and it seems they will send interview invitations before Dec. 22nd previously. Has anyone who have heard back from these programs? The wait is so painful.

6 minutes ago, MolecularBioSteven said:

So Anxious! I applied to Yale BBS (MMPP Track), Harvard BBS, Cornell (BMCB), Hopkins (BCMB) and it seems they will send interview invitations before Dec. 22nd previously. Has anyone who have heard back from these programs? The wait is so painful.

I applied to Yale BBS (MCGD) and got a pretty generic rejection letter which came as quite a bit of a shock honestly. I got that on Tuesday 

13 minutes ago, rainbowsprimkle said:

Does anyone know if UPenn BGS sends out invites in waves or all at once? Still waiting to hear from them but I’m hesitant to email admissions because I don’t want to come off as impatient! Just very nervous over here is all 

I applied there too and didn't hear anything. It looks like someone on the results page heard back from UPenn already!

28 minutes ago, MD2PA said:

I applied to Yale BBS (MCGD) and got a pretty generic rejection letter which came as quite a bit of a shock honestly. I got that on Tuesday 

I'm so sorry to hear that. MCGD track made the decision pretty fast. But you will have other nice offers! Good luck to all of us!