NPSIA admissions - Fall 2022

Cautious_Citron

I think it really depends on what you want to take out of it. Both are great, with NPSIA having a slight edge reputation-wise. I would recommend looking at specializations, mandatory and optional classes, see which ones you want to take and where they are offered. Also, look at the funding that both can offer you. 

Sorry if it doesn’t give much answers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Mine just went from "review in progress" to "recommended for assessment" to back in "review in progress" to now today being "under review from post grad affairs". All of these changes happened in just over a week. Does anyone know what this means or if they are still accepting people at this point? This waiting game is killing me haha! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!! 

On 5/25/2022 at 1:34 PM, gec123 said:

I'm still in preliminary review required... By this time, I think is better to just accept it. Is anyone else in my same situation?

Same here ! 

20 hours ago, CD123 said:

Mine just went from "review in progress" to "recommended for assessment" to back in "review in progress" to now today being "under review from post grad affairs". All of these changes happened in just over a week. Does anyone know what this means or if they are still accepting people at this point? This waiting game is killing me haha! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!! 

I can' confirm this but usually when you are "under review from post grad affairs" it means you successfully passed the NPSIA faculty review. The post grad affairs review is a formality, they just confirm what NPSIA says and handle the scholarships, they don't change the decision that was made. 

Things are looking good for you friend!

Edited by Gradgradinternational

Hi everyone, Im a little confused on course enrollment. I accepted my admissions for npsia but i havent found anything about course enrollment. When can students enroll for the fall?

14 hours ago, 7s7s said:

Hi everyone, Im a little confused on course enrollment. I accepted my admissions for npsia but i havent found anything about course enrollment. When can students enroll for the fall?

"Registration is set to open for graduate students on July 4" is the answer I received in response to an email I sent.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks @NewType for the help! I had a few follow up questions about course enrollment. Navigating through carleton central has been very new to me and forgive me if this is already stated somewhere, but how many courses can we enrol this year? I'm planning to take co-op so does that mean I would not be taking all of the required courses this year? How does it work exactly?

The Norman Paterson School of International Affairs (NPSIA) is Canada's oldest graduate school in international affairs. cbd gummies benefits Its creation was announced in February 1965 by President Davidson Danton after a generous donation of $400,000 from Senator Norman Paterson, a Canadian businessman and politician who made his fortune in the grain and shipping businesses. At the time, Senator Paterson was also a member of the Carleton University Board of Governors. The school was founded and accepted the first group of students a year later, in September 1966.

No worries @7s7s. I'm actually new to all this as well so I apologize in advance about not being able to answer your questions with full certainty. 

I believe we are to fulfill 5 total credits in order to graduate, with each course normally being valued at 0.5 credit(s). 

In first year (of 2) we need to complete 3 total credits to be eligible for both co-op terms. For example, in the upcoming fall semester, 2 courses will be 0.25 credits each but they are both half a semester in length and will take place successively (duration of half a semester for each).

This is directly from the Program's website:

"Co-op eligibility:

Students will be eligible for a first co-op work term during the summer term of their first year in the MA program.  In order to participate in a first co-op work term, students must successfully complete the following 1.5 course credits in the fall term of their first year in program:

INAF 5017 (0.25 credits) (required course)
INAF 5018 (0.25 credits) (required course)
INAF 5016 (0.5 credits) (required course)
INAF course of student’s choosing (0.5 credits)
Total of 1.5 credits

Students will be eligible for a second co-op work term if they successfully complete a total of 3.0 credits (including their fall term courses), prior to starting the second co-op work term.  In order to participate in a second co-op work term, students must successfully complete the following 1.5 course credits in the winter term of their first year in program:

INAF economics course required for your field (0.5 credits) (required course)
INAF courses of student’s choosing (1.0 credits)
Total of 1.5 credits

The 3.0 credits must include successful completion of all required courses, and the successful completion of the required INAF economics course for their field."

Hope that helps.

17 hours ago, 7s7s said:

thanks @NewType for the help! I had a few follow up questions about course enrollment. Navigating through carleton central has been very new to me and forgive me if this is already stated somewhere, but how many courses can we enrol this year? I'm planning to take co-op so does that mean I would not be taking all of the required courses this year? How does it work exactly?

https://calendar.carleton.ca/grad/gradprograms/internationalaffairs/

@7s7sYou can also check out this link and find out according to your stream what courses you would need to take.