Feminist/Women's/Gender/Sexuality Studies PhD 2022 Cycle

redrosa

Hey all!  Sorry I'm late to the party here.  Also was accepted to Stony Brook with full funding, and nominations to two additional institutional fellowships.  Super stoked, they are easily my first choice.  Already accepted the offer ?  Will I see anyone else there?  Please feel free to reach out, I'd love to meet people from my cohort!

I'm with the person that's been through several cycles.  Last year was absolute hell with every program either shutting down or taking like one person.  I was pretty devastated, but opted for a Masters in Human Rights at John Jay anyways. 

Best of luck to everyone!!

15 hours ago, kareese85 said:

Hey all!  Sorry I'm late to the party here.  Also was accepted to Stony Brook with full funding, and nominations to two additional institutional fellowships.  Super stoked, they are easily my first choice.  Already accepted the offer ?  Will I see anyone else there?  Please feel free to reach out, I'd love to meet people from my cohort!

I'm with the person that's been through several cycles.  Last year was absolute hell with every program either shutting down or taking like one person.  I was pretty devastated, but opted for a Masters in Human Rights at John Jay anyways. 

Best of luck to everyone!!

Hi! I also received an offer from Stony Brook and they're pretty high on my list. Still waiting on a couple of other programs before I make my decision!

Hi fiends,

Has anyone heard from UMD or Rutgers yet?

I was accepted to Buffalo but also received no funding, so that's essentially a rejection. I was also rejected from the University of Kansas. I'm assuming I've been rejected from Stony Brook and Emory since I was not contacted for acceptance/interview. I'm getting really bummed, but trying to stay positive for UMD and Rutgers. 

1 hour ago, zoe101 said:

Hi fiends,

Has anyone heard from UMD or Rutgers yet?

I was accepted to Buffalo but also received no funding, so that's essentially a rejection. I was also rejected from the University of Kansas. I'm assuming I've been rejected from Stony Brook and Emory since I was not contacted for acceptance/interview. I'm getting really bummed, but trying to stay positive for UMD and Rutgers. 

I don't think anyone here has applied to UMD (or has said so anyway). Several of us have applied to Rutgers, but no news yet. It's interesting you also received no funding at Buffalo. Do they fund anyone? ??

In 2020, I had applied to Emory and I got my rejection in mid-January so I wouldn't give up yet. I know several people here got accepted to Stony Brook and got in, but I also haven't heard back yet. Maybe they are still making their decisions? I know for some schools they'll give out rejections first and that's not the case here. 

hugs to you @bluekayla, Arizona just wasn't meant to be! 

I am student at Buffalo, tho undergrad, lol the no funding cuts my hope to apply to buffalo for PhD, maybe other programs but GGSS you are out of my list [sorry lolllll] i am also waiting for rutgers/osu/arizona/georgia state/ george washington/ depaul/oregon [all MA degree]

my top choice is rutgers 

best of luck everyone!

1 hour ago, SportySpice said:

Hey all, I got an offer from Oregon State yesterday so that's pretty exciting. I'm still waiting to see their funding offer! Anyone heard anything from Emory, UMD, or  Rutgers yet?

Congrats on Oregon State! I also applied there, but I haven't heard back yet. I feel like we should hear about interviews re: Rutgers fairly soon. 

On 2/4/2022 at 11:10 PM, SportySpice said:

Hey all, I got an offer from Oregon State yesterday so that's pretty exciting. I'm still waiting to see their funding offer! Anyone heard anything from Emory, UMD, or  Rutgers yet?

Hey all! I'm late to this but happy to see you all here supporting each other. 

A Rutgers update - I interviewed with them last week and I believe they're sending out offers by the end of this week. Knock wood. 
Hate to be the barer of bad news for anyone hoping on Rutgers. I don't know you, but I'm sending an earnest "something else amazing will come your way!" to anyone this is a disappointment to. 

2 hours ago, lagom_lagom said:

Hey all! I'm late to this but happy to see you all here supporting each other. 

A Rutgers update - I interviewed with them last week and I believe they're sending out offers by the end of this week. Knock wood. 
Hate to be the barer of bad news for anyone hoping on Rutgers. I don't know you, but I'm sending an earnest "something else amazing will come your way!" to anyone this is a disappointment to. 

Happy for you and fingers crossed! Has anyone heard anything re: interviews for Indiana?

Also, last year someone had posted that Rutgers doesn't interview everyone they admit, so there's still hope: 

"I wasn't. The grad director told me during my interview that they aren't interviewing many people (and not all admitted will get interviews) and that they didn't know exactly how many they would admit. She told me she only interviewed me because while she was very impressed with my application she had a specific and technical question about it."

4 hours ago, hidden_ said:

Hey folks, I was wondering if anyone else in this forum was accepted to UMD for fall 2022? I would love to connect with fellow cohort members before in-person visits. 

I had an interview last month and I am still waiting to hear back. I'm guessing this means I wasn't accepted, though. :(