MIT Media Lab Fall 2022

Zeolite

• 2 weeks later...

For those who have gotten hits on their portfolio site, have most of the views been from Cambridge/Boston? I received some longer visits towards the end of December (time on website averaging ~1 - 15 min), but they're all from cities in California, Georgia, etc.

Hi guys, 
I signed up to share some info in case it could help you guys.

I've got to know some of the researchers in the Media lab(met at conferences), and one of them told me that they need to shortlist the applicants by mid-Jan. Interviews will be conducted independently by each lab from mid-Jan to early Feb.

Also, if there's anyone interested in the Personal Robots Group, they say they are finding one ML researcher for NLP for the master's level.

Maybe I could delete this post for a random reason, but for now, I wish this info helps you guys. Good luck everyone :)

59 minutes ago, flaeran said:

@0001 Thank you for the information! Did your contact from Personal Robots mention if they were only looking for just one ML researcher?

Yes. The researcher I contacted clearly mentioned they are looking for one(or none, if there is no suitable applicant) ML researcher, who can work on Natural Language Processing. That's for the upcoming master student, so if you are applying for Ph.D(even though theoretically you start from master, it's different) the situation could be different.

Nope, too self-conscious to do that. I also have absolutely no idea on how people usually handle these situations and if there's a right or wrong way to go. I mean, I just filled out the application and sent it. Should I know people in the program? Should I have been in contact with the institution for years? Should I be manifesting getting in the media lab all day and all night and sacrifice my firstborn? No idea! 
Woooooooo!