MIT Media Lab Fall 2022

Zeolite

Hi - I share your frustration in zero visibility from the Media Lab. I think a few people mentioned that the emails would go out Feb 28th, then it was March 1 but I too have not heard anything from the Media Lab - "radio silence" ?

I am not sure if each of the Labs have different days to send out their emails - which is understandable but it should be made clear as so many people are waiting to hear back! It seems like a lot have not heard back and we keep refreshing our emails ✉️

Generally been a bit frustrating with MIT as I feel there is little transparency. Reached out to the PI's of the group and either its no response or "they are too busy" which honestly has been a major turnoff and giving me second thoughts if I even want to attend.  The interview process also seemed quite choppy. 

Sorry if I am venting, but its been hard to keep waiting. If anyone has news do let us know.

Good luck everyone.

2 hours ago, mit_mit said:

Hi - I share your frustration in zero visibility from the Media Lab. I think a few people mentioned that the emails would go out Feb 28th, then it was March 1 but I too have not heard anything from the Media Lab - "radio silence" ?

I am not sure if each of the Labs have different days to send out their emails - which is understandable but it should be made clear as so many people are waiting to hear back! It seems like a lot have not heard back and we keep refreshing our emails ✉️

Generally been a bit frustrating with MIT as I feel there is little transparency. Reached out to the PI's of the group and either its no response or "they are too busy" which honestly has been a major turnoff and giving me second thoughts if I even want to attend.  The interview process also seemed quite choppy. 

Sorry if I am venting, but its been hard to keep waiting. If anyone has news do let us know.

Good luck everyone.

They dont seem to have a proper protocol of sending decision emails. Based on comments people posted here, In the past 2 days there has been an acceptance email, a few rejection emails, and mostly waitlisting emails. And then are people like me who have gotten no emails so far. Kinda frustrating tbh. Also,  

meme.jpg

Edited by HelloNo

1 hour ago, HelloNo said:

They dont seem to have a proper protocol of sending decision emails. Based on comments people posted here, In the past 2 days there has been an acceptance email, a few rejection emails, and mostly waitlisting emails. And then are people like me who have gotten no emails so far. Kinda frustrating tbh. Also,  

meme.jpg

Yes you are ?. Seems a bit like amateur hour. I have heard some grumblings from past graduates that the media lab is more about image and marketing. I am quite confused. If the application process is so unclear, I wonder if its worth the time -- I know everyone is seduced by the image and maybe I am too.

To call them "interviews" is being generous. The PI are way too busy and mostly labs seem to be run by graduate students.....

Just unclear if they are making the effort to look at the applications in detail and the reference letters or are they just glossed over?

so many questions, maybe its the wait and frustration spilling over ? ?