MIT Media Lab Fall 2022

Zeolite

4 hours ago, aparameter said:

Has anyone reached out to group admins to check where they might be in the process?

I reached out to the group contact for Personal Robots and she said she didn't know details about the timeline but in previous years she said they sent out results close to the end of February. Another colleague of mine who applied last year said her interview request (different group) came around Jan 18th. I know it differs per group but it might seem we just need to keep waiting for the time being :(

29 minutes ago, Thisisit said:

Nope, too self-conscious to do that. I also have absolutely no idea on how people usually handle these situations and if there's a right or wrong way to go. I mean, I just filled out the application and sent it. Should I know people in the program? Should I have been in contact with the institution for years? Should I be manifesting getting in the media lab all day and all night and sacrifice my firstborn? No idea! 
Woooooooo!

I feel you! I read in the previous year's posts that people had been contacting group admins. There should be a support group for everyone who is waiting. Certainly quite an anxious period!

34 minutes ago, flaeran said:

I reached out to the group contact for Personal Robots and she said she didn't know details about the timeline but in previous years she said they sent out results close to the end of February. Another colleague of mine who applied last year said her interview request (different group) came around Jan 18th. I know it differs per group but it might seem we just need to keep waiting for the time being :(

Thanks for the information! Let's hope for the best ??

2 hours ago, fallinginstars said:

Got an email from the professor of a group I didn't list on my application...asked me to email over a research portfolio (didn't submit one with my app) if I was interested in their group. Don't know if this is maybe a good sign? Will update as I get more info!

That’s amazing! Congratulations! Do you mind sharing here or in a pm which group it is for?

8 hours ago, fallinginstars said:

Got an email from the professor of a group I didn't list on my application...asked me to email over a research portfolio (didn't submit one with my app) if I was interested in their group. Don't know if this is maybe a good sign? Will update as I get more info!

Congratulations ?

11 hours ago, fallinginstars said:

Congrats, that's so exciting! :)Do you mind sharing which group it was? 

Disclaimer: THIS WAS A DREAM, NOT TRYING TO GET ANYONE'S HOPES UP

So, I had a super stressful dream last night where the PI of the group I applied for, had replied to my application, breaking it down and making notes on everything that wasn't stated as it should, according to them. In the end they asked me to make a decision and tell them how I think we should continue.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Thisisit said:

Disclaimer: THIS WAS A DREAM, NOT TRYING TO GET ANYONE'S HOPES UP

So, I had a super stressful dream last night where the PI of the group I applied for, had replied to my application, breaking it down and making notes on everything that wasn't stated as it should, according to them. In the end they asked me to make a decision and tell them how I think we should continue.

giphy.gif

I keep having dreams that all my friends and classmates from high school are getting in and I'm still waiting hahah! 

For those who applied to Fluid Interfaces group, I think they are starting to send the invitation email(or maybe just finished). I wrote an email directly to the PI early this month and she replied today. (didn't get an interview invite but the PI suggested to contact other groups after seeing my portfolio)

Edited by 0001

9 hours ago, 0001 said:

For those who applied to Fluid Interfaces group, I think they are starting to send the invitation email(or maybe just finished). I wrote an email directly to the PI early this month and she replied today. (didn't get an interview invite but the PI suggested to contact other groups after seeing my portfolio)

How do you know if they started or finished? Did they tell you?

Edited by aparameter