MIT Media Lab Fall 2022

Zeolite

I’ve called the MAS Media Lab admissions number provided (617) 253-4791 and each time, the call has cut. I’m assuming that the phone number is no longer in use.

I then called the MIT graduate admissions office (617) 324-6730, who told me to get in contact with Sarra Shubart and gave me her number (617)253- 9806. I’ve called about 3 times but each time only getting to the voicemail. For transparency, I didn’t leave any voicemails.

If someone wants, they can feel free to give Sarra a ring or send her an email. I think she would be the person who could give us the most info. 

41 minutes ago, box_stamp said:

I’ve called the MAS Media Lab admissions number provided (617) 253-4791 and each time, the call has cut. I’m assuming that the phone number is no longer in use.

I then called the MIT graduate admissions office (617) 324-6730, who told me to get in contact with Sarra Shubart and gave me her number (617)253- 9806. I’ve called about 3 times but each time only getting to the voicemail. For transparency, I didn’t leave any voicemails.

If someone wants, they can feel free to give Sarra a ring or send her an email. I think she would be the person who could give us the most info. 

I just emailed her. Thanks for the information.

They got back to me saying that  all admissions notifications were sent out on March 1st and to be sure to check your spam folder. I checked for the email everywhere and do not see it. 

Edited by bbb bb b

2 hours ago, Thisisit said:

I check my spam folder regularly, never received anything from them. The audacity!

No email and nothing in spam either. Kinda really ridiculous..... 

Please let us know if anyone hears anything.

2 minutes ago, mit_mit said:

No email and nothing in spam either. Kinda really ridiculous..... 

Please let us know if anyone hears anything.

+1

Just sent an email to gradapply and sarra shubart. I think we should all send them an email so that they atleast know its more than one or two guys facing this. 

15 minutes ago, HelloNo said:

+1

Just sent an email to gradapply and sarra shubart. I think we should all send them an email so that they atleast know its more than one or two guys facing this. 

You would think someone at MIT would know how to use basic email technology. This is so so so annoying. WTF. 

6 minutes ago, bbb bb b said:

just got my email, I didn't get in :( 

Sorry for hearing that. And thanks for sharing the information earlier. Did it arrive in your inbox or spam?  Can you share the email subject, if not personal, so we can keep an eye for that subject on our spams?

1 minute ago, learner22 said:

Sorry for hearing that. And thanks for sharing the information earlier. Did it arrive in your inbox or spam?  Can you share the email subject, if not personal, so we can keep an eye for that subject on our spams?

yes, it was from mas@media.mit.edu. I recommend emailing them. Subject was 

Program in Media Arts and Sciences Admissions. 

It will arrive soon. My guess is that they go and ask the lab. And then come back with the answer.

The labs didn't really made all selections from what I am understanding of all of this. Or they are really really really really bad with emails.

I also got waitlisted, but I think that for at least some groups it means that they still haven't made the final decisions. I also got contacted by the PI directly to continue the conversation and set up another interview.

For those in the waiting list, I'll continue suffering around here in case you need me

Edited by lolololol

5 minutes ago, lolololol said:

I also got waitlisted, but I think that for at least some groups it means that they still haven't made the final decisions. I also got contacted by the PI directly to continue the conversation and set up another interview.

For those in the waiting list, I'll continue suffering around here in case you need me

Which group did you applied to?