2021-2022 School and Clinical/Applied Child Psychology (Canadian Programs)

psychcusuo

I was wondering if anybody has received any contacts for the interview invites for the school psychology programs (Canadian University)?

I noticed clinical psychology programs have started sending invites out, but I have not heard of any school psychology programs about the interviews. 

It's the third week of January and I am starting to get anxiousss...

psychcusuo,

I applied to UManitoba, Concordia (both are clinical psych programs), U Calgary, and Western University (the last two being School Psychology programs). I also applied to UMass Boston School Psychology on a whim, and to date I have received a request to interview from UMass, but nothing from anybody else (i.e. the Canadian programs).

I interviewed both POI's from Concordia for an update- no response as yet.

Good luck and do post if you start hearing things on your end! Am very curious to hear.

Nuraa

MSc SACP at UCalgary may not interview. I received an official offer from them in Feb 2020 (with an informal offer via email in January of that same year a few weeks before the official offer came), and they never interviewed me. So…hopefully that provides some people some hope! I’d say it’s def a bit early to hear back from them.

I still have not gotten any responses from programs that I applied, but I thought I'd post which school I have applied this cycle. 

- UofT(OISE): SCCP 

- UBC: SACP

- UofA: SCCP

- McGill: SACP

- University of Windsor: Clinical psychology (Child stream)

I'd greatly appreciate it if you could let me know anybody who knows about the timeline of interviews/have heard from these programs listed!

Edited by psychcusuo

1 hour ago, T.O.hopeful said:

I received an interview invite for UofT SCCP. However it isn't with the POIs i listed so i think it may be a general assessment of fit in the program? The interests of the two faculty aren't related to my interests 

Thank you so much for sharing the information and CONGRATULATIONS! Such an accomplishment! That does sound like a reasonable possibility given that you aren't interviewing with the other POIs. Maybe they are members of the admission committees and interviewing the potential ones to review and interview further in the later processes. 

You mentioned that the two POIs you will be interviewing are not the ones you listed in the application, but you do mind sharing the initials by DMing me? I'd greatly appreciate it if you could please :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! I'm a bit concerned about the SACP program at UBC. Were the application instructions/checklist confusing to anyone else? When I submitted my application, I followed all the instructions and even emailed someone to make sure I didn't need to include a Statement of Intent, especially since the instructions literally said not to. It wasn't marked as mandatory on the application either, since the mandatory questions already covered what would have been on an SoI anyways. I was going through my emails from UBC recently, and I realised I misread the one they sent right after I had submitted. It listed SoI as one of the required documents to complete my application, which I did not upload, as I was following instructions. Now I'm very confused and panicking a bit. I've contacted who I can and I'm hoping that this won't mark my application as incomplete. I was wondering if anyone else is having a similar experience? Also, if anyone has heard about interviews yet or if your submission status has changed at all, as mine just says "submitted". 

8 hours ago, Kirby_ said:

Hey guys! I'm a bit concerned about the SACP program at UBC. Were the application instructions/checklist confusing to anyone else? When I submitted my application, I followed all the instructions and even emailed someone to make sure I didn't need to include a Statement of Intent, especially since the instructions literally said not to. It wasn't marked as mandatory on the application either, since the mandatory questions already covered what would have been on an SoI anyways. I was going through my emails from UBC recently, and I realised I misread the one they sent right after I had submitted. It listed SoI as one of the required documents to complete my application, which I did not upload, as I was following instructions. Now I'm very confused and panicking a bit. I've contacted who I can and I'm hoping that this won't mark my application as incomplete. I was wondering if anyone else is having a similar experience? Also, if anyone has heard about interviews yet or if your submission status has changed at all, as mine just says "submitted". 

Okay, that sounds extremely uncanny to hear about since I also did not upload the statement of intent as followed by the instruction on the UBC website. Do you mind sharing the email you mentioned as you got from the UBC? 

My application status also says "in progress/submitted," and my document requirements also described it as "not received" for the statement of interest/intent. I will also send an email to the department now, and I will get you updated with this issue when I get the reply from them. This is extremely frustrating since the website/instruction clearly directed us to not attach SOI to our application. The active communication may help, so... let's figure this out.

https://ecps.educ.ubc.ca/students/prospective-students/application-information/#:~:text=We do not require a,answer the online application questions.image.thumb.png.c7238783bdda2888d81f976f055a31e5.png

On 2/5/2022 at 6:39 AM, psychcusuo said:

Okay, that sounds extremely uncanny to hear about since I also did not upload the statement of intent as followed by the instruction on the UBC website. Do you mind sharing the email you mentioned as you got from the UBC? 

My application status also says "in progress/submitted," and my document requirements also described it as "not received" for the statement of interest/intent. I will also send an email to the department now, and I will get you updated with this issue when I get the reply from them. This is extremely frustrating since the website/instruction clearly directed us to not attach SOI to our application. The active communication may help, so... let's figure this out.

https://ecps.educ.ubc.ca/students/prospective-students/application-information/#:~:text=We do not require a,answer the online application questions.image.thumb.png.c7238783bdda2888d81f976f055a31e5.png

This is basically the email I got. Everyone who submitted an application to UBC should have received it. I also sent an email to Tino since I was told to contact him. I'll keep you updated as well. 

image.png.d6bd22591512b578d012fa4c55e9ff6b.png

On 1/23/2022 at 8:59 PM, psychcusuo said:

I still have not gotten any responses from programs that I applied, but I thought I'd post which school I have applied this cycle. 

- UofT(OISE): SCCP 

- UBC: SACP

- UofA: SCCP

- McGill: SACP

- University of Windsor: Clinical psychology (Child stream)

I'd greatly appreciate it if you could let me know anybody who knows about the timeline of interviews/have heard from these programs listed!

Hey, I’m a current student in the U of A SCCP program. Acceptances last year were released around early/mid March (due, in part, to the pandemic from my understanding). The year prior the acceptances were released around mid February.

16 hours ago, Kirby_ said:

This is basically the email I got. Everyone who submitted an application to UBC should have received it. I also sent an email to Tino since I was told to contact him. I'll keep you updated as well. 

image.png.d6bd22591512b578d012fa4c55e9ff6b.png

Just my opinion passing by now I think about it... the writing sample is not required, yet listed in the application checklist. I am guessing the list is more of listing things that can be submitted than the required documents to be submitted.

Of course, we should wait and see how the department answers our question (also emailed to Tino already and waiting for the reply), but I thought I'd share my opinion with you so that you might panic less about this issue. It will be alright, let's wait for some good news!

14 hours ago, VanessaB said:

Hey, I’m a current student in the U of A SCCP program. Acceptances last year were released around early/mid March (due, in part, to the pandemic from my understanding). The year prior the acceptances were released around mid February.

Thank you so much for sharing the information! I applied to this program last year, and I am hoping this time will be successful for me in hearing some good news! I hope the department would make their decisions soon so that I can breathe a bit :)

18 minutes ago, psychcusuo said:

Just my opinion passing by now I think about it... the writing sample is not required, yet listed in the application checklist. I am guessing the list is more of listing things that can be submitted than the required documents to be submitted.

Of course, we should wait and see how the department answers our question (also emailed to Tino already and waiting for the reply), but I thought I'd share my opinion with you so that you might panic less about this issue. It will be alright, let's wait for some good news!

Yeah, my best guess is that we got a generic email from the department at large, despite each department area having different requirements. I personally chose to include a writing sample but the fact that it is later listed as a required document boggles my mind. We should only be told what we actually need or these situations happen. We're probably fine but the lack of certainty is stressing me out. 

7 hours ago, Schoolpsy said:

Has anyone heard anything from the U of C? Also, is anyone aware if their MEd School Psych program interviews? It says they do on their website, but I have been hearing conflicting information regarding interviews for the program.

I heard of a few people getting their acceptance or waitlist notifications for the U of C MSc program just today. Unsure about the MEd program. 

On 2/8/2022 at 2:55 PM, psychcusuo said:

Hey, so I just got a response from Tino. They said "We are in the process of review and if you make a short list and we need the statement of intent we will be in contact with you." 

That sounds to me like the lack of statement of intent shouldn't be an issue for us at this time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi  guys, just wanted to let everyone who applied to SACP at UBC know that they're doing interviews next week. My impression is that everyone who has been shortlisted has been contacted to set up an interview with them. It's possible they'll contact more people next but I have no idea. 

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone has received an offer of admission from Western University? My application is currently still under review, apparently. Have they started doing interviews yet?

I received my rejection letters from the University of Manitoba and the University of Calgary, and I declined an interview from UMass Boston.