PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2023

sheisgreat

Just now, RicardoRH said:

Did international students get invited?
I applied to EMD and I'm waitlisted

Well yeah there were more international students than I expected. But all of them are currently in the US so they can come to the in person interview. But I also heard from some students saying they have friends outside the US and they were interviewed virtually. Well I don't think waitlist is a bad thing. There's still hope! There were only less than 10 EMD students yesterday.

Just now, MellyPlinis said:

Well yeah there were more international students than I expected. But all of them are currently in the US so they can come to the in person interview. But I also heard from some students saying they have friends outside the US and they were interviewed virtually. Well I don't think waitlist is a bad thing. There's still hope! There were only less than 10 EMD students yesterday.

Yep! Chair told me they invited 9.

I have high hopes tho, it's my dream school!

11 hours ago, apkujong said:

Hi everyone, has anyone interviewed or heard from either Johns Hopkins Health, Behavior and Society (Social and Behavioral Sciences) or Berkeley Public Health - Epidemiology?

Still waiting on UC Berkeley - Epi! I have heard nothing from them and emailed them this week to see what was up -- no response from them (yet) lol

On 2/19/2023 at 8:54 AM, AnxiousKronk said:

any updates from Columbia's DrPH program? I'm a bit confused if they conduct interviews for the DrPH epidemiology program... 

They interviewed me for the DrPH in epi about 3 weeks ago. I'm yet to hear back 

Edited by Hsaka

7 hours ago, MaxPlanck said:

Has anyone heard back from NYU GPH after the interview? It's been two weeks since I interviewed with them, still no words from the program...

I also interviewed two weeks ago and have heard nothing back yet. Mind me asking what track you applied for? Mine was SBS. Do you or anyone else know how many they interviewed for how many spots?

Edited by apkujong

lol I think I got rejected from all my other programs except the only one place I got admitted into since I did get a few rejections or haven't heard anything from the schools. Don't really care since the only acceptance I got was my top choice from the beginning but guess this year was really, and I mean REALLY competitive. Last year I didn't even have an article but I was waitlisted to a few places, but this year the same schools were like 'Nope!! Not this time!!' At this rate, I'm thinking some schools want people with a PhD degree to be accepted to a PhD program.

22 hours ago, MaxPlanck said:

Has anyone heard back from NYU GPH after the interview? It's been two weeks since I interviewed with them, still no words from the program...

Hello, still waiting to hear back as well. interviewed for SBS and I know of atleast 1 more person who interviewed and is waiting

On 2/21/2023 at 11:02 AM, Myyday said:

lol I think I got rejected from all my other programs except the only one place I got admitted into since I did get a few rejections or haven't heard anything from the schools. Don't really care since the only acceptance I got was my top choice from the beginning but guess this year was really, and I mean REALLY competitive. Last year I didn't even have an article but I was waitlisted to a few places, but this year the same schools were like 'Nope!! Not this time!!' At this rate, I'm thinking some schools want people with a PhD degree to be accepted to a PhD program.

This year I have applied DrPH at Harvard TH Chan, GWU & NYU. Got rejected by Harvard without any interview. Interviewed by GWU and waiting response. No interview or no information from NYU. Finger crossed :(

Hi all, I only saw one person mention the DrPH for Indiana University. Curious about anyone accepted into the IU Health Behavior PhD. I had to reach out to admissions to figure out I was on the waitlist. This is my top choice, and I'm just really hoping for the opportunity to attend. If you were accepted and you know you're not gonna attend, please decline the offer. The dept head said they have approx 10 people on the waitlist but don't have a current rank. They also said that the cohorts are typically 8 ppl, and they have had some students accept the offer, so that means not everyone on the waitlist will get in. Keeping my fingers crossed!

On 7/29/2022 at 2:45 AM, PH2022 said:

I will be starting my DrPH in Global Health Leadership this fall at Indiana University and would be happy to answer questions about that process if anyone is applying there. I also tanked a DrPH interview at UNC and can tell you what not to do for that, ha ha! Best of luck to everyone this cycle!

Is it an online program? Could you share your experience a bit?