MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2023

2 hours ago, Juli3270 said:

Got accepted to Waterloo's 1-year advanced standing program! I still haven't received an email confirmation I just found out through checking quest. Good luck to everyone else who applied to Waterloo :).1294642128_Screenshot2023-02-21at4_42_00PM.thumb.png.00b3d81e3e5f00dd89b95563f0771fc8.png

I’m so excited for you!! I’m waiting to hear back if I’m accepted or not (part-time stream) eekkk!

9 minutes ago, skittles15 said:

I’m so excited for you!! I’m waiting to hear back if I’m accepted or not (part-time stream) eekkk!

Thank you! I had the same thing happen with Waterloo reaching out regarding an appropriate transcript (so I feel like they would only do that if a student is either going to be accepted or waitlisted). Fingers crossed for you to hear back asap :). 

46 minutes ago, Juli3270 said:

Thank you! I had the same thing happen with Waterloo reaching out regarding an appropriate transcript (so I feel like they would only do that if a student is either going to be accepted or waitlisted). Fingers crossed for you to hear back asap :). 

Oh really?? That makes me feel better I wasn’t the only one lol and I hope so too! :) 

For folks going to the 2 YEAR MSW at UOFT, here is the new facebook group!
I dont think acceptances have gone out yet, but i deferred last year, so I am starting in September 2023.  Please only join after you are accepted to the program. This is for admitted and enrolled students at uoft's 2-year program
https://www.facebook.com/groups/835529251063896

Hello,

I was accepted in University of Waterloo’s MSW program (part-time). The wait was brutal and this was the only university I applied to. Turns out, I like to put all my eggs into one basket (because I’m frugal and applications cost).

I am wondering if anyone had come across a group for 2023 Waterloo MSW newbies on any social media platform? If not, is anyone keen on starting one?

Did anyone else who applied to Carleton get that mass email they sent saying that all applications have been reviewed and decisions will be released over the next few weeks? Receiving that email has made me way more anxious!

4 minutes ago, jmcinn97 said:

Did anyone else who applied to Carleton get that mass email they sent saying that all applications have been reviewed and decisions will be released over the next few weeks? Receiving that email has made me way more anxious!

Yes! I was happy it mentioned that not everyones application has moved past "preliminary review required". In carleton central my application says recommended for assessment still while others have said today theirs have changed to "review in progress by faculty of graduate and postdoctorial affairs" (although gradcafe stopped working for me for a few hours and now the posts from earlier today are all gone? not sure what that's about lolz). 

5 minutes ago, hannahb1997 said:

Yes! I was happy it mentioned that not everyones application has moved past "preliminary review required". In carleton central my application says recommended for assessment still while others have said today theirs have changed to "review in progress by faculty of graduate and postdoctorial affairs" (although gradcafe stopped working for me for a few hours and now the posts from earlier today are all gone? not sure what that's about lolz). 

Mine also still says 'recommended for assessment'! Idk what happened with the other posts, but I saw those ones too. Those posts are initially what made me a bit anxious cause I really wanna know if I'm in or not at this point. I'm trying my best not to continuously check carleton central lol

20 minutes ago, jmcinn97 said:

Mine also still says 'recommended for assessment'! Idk what happened with the other posts, but I saw those ones too. Those posts are initially what made me a bit anxious cause I really wanna know if I'm in or not at this point. I'm trying my best not to continuously check carleton central lol

I know, me too. After getting that email earlier I started looking through previous forums for MSW's and it seems like last year a lot of people heard on the 28th, so since peoples application status is changing we can hope to hear back next week? I really don't want to wait weeks, I just want the bandaid ripped off

1 hour ago, hannahb1997 said:

I know, me too. After getting that email earlier I started looking through previous forums for MSW's and it seems like last year a lot of people heard on the 28th, so since peoples application status is changing we can hope to hear back next week? I really don't want to wait weeks, I just want the bandaid ripped off

I don’t think I can wait weeks tbh - I already have to wait until May to hear back about Wilfrid Laurier and that’s already too much haha. Crossing my fingers and hoping we both get accepted. Good luck!

On 2/22/2023 at 5:14 PM, MSWBound2.0 said:

Hello,

I was accepted in University of Waterloo’s MSW program (part-time). The wait was brutal and this was the only university I applied to. Turns out, I like to put all my eggs into one basket (because I’m frugal and applications cost).

I am wondering if anyone had come across a group for 2023 Waterloo MSW newbies on any social media platform? If not, is anyone keen on starting one?

I’m not sure what happened to previous replies!?! 

Anyways. The highlights were the lack of student groups, that I could find, for U of W. Especially for the MSW program. Would anyone like to take the initiative? I’ll be honest, it’s not my favorite thing to do.

Edited by MSWBound2.0

1 hour ago, sydney18 said:

I just received an email that I was accepted to the Carleton 2-year program! Last time I applied (2021) I was declined so I'm super excited :) 

Congratulations 👍🏼 Mine is still recommended for assessment. Anyway, did you receive the generic email yesterday?

3 minutes ago, Maymay007 said:

Congratulations 👍🏼 Mine is still recommended for assessment. Anyway, did you receive the generic email yesterday?

Mine is still recommended for assessment also 😭 we should hear back soon though if acceptances are already being sent out!

10 minutes ago, jmcinn97 said:

Mine is still recommended for assessment also 😭 we should hear back soon though if acceptances are already being sent out!

Mine still says that as well! Who ever knows what order they release acceptances/waitlists/rejections. Plus they're releasing everything for the 2 year and the 1 year so who knows how that impacts it as well (I'm applying for the one year). 

4 minutes ago, hannahb1997 said:

Mine still says that as well! Who ever knows what order they release acceptances/waitlists/rejections. Plus they're releasing everything for the 2 year and the 1 year so who knows how that impacts it as well (I'm applying for the one year). 

I applied for the 2 year! But I’ve still got Wilfrid Laurier to hear back from if I don’t get accepted to Carleton and then I’m gonna apply for a couple BSW program as well just in case! Though in the 2 year application at Carleton they ask if you want to be considered for the BSW if you don’t get accepted to the MSW and I said yes… so we’ll see what happens there lol