2022-2023 Application Thread

Theory007

3 hours ago, PolGrad said:

Do you know whether they only offer admission to the applicants who had interview with the committee? Me and some other applicants didn't receive interview invitation from Georgetown and I was unsure whether it would reject my application. Hope that both you and us can get positive news from Georgetown.

Can't speak to Georgetown, but I had radio silence from Vanderbilt (no interview invites, nothing) before getting outright accepted on Friday, so while it is a different school there is definitely a precedent of accepting someone who didn't get an interview while others are being interviewed. 

36 minutes ago, QuantPoliSci said:

Can't speak to Georgetown, but I had radio silence from Vanderbilt (no interview invites, nothing) before getting outright accepted on Friday, so while it is a different school there is definitely a precedent of accepting someone who didn't get an interview while others are being interviewed. 

Same experience here. Radio silence from OSU and Vanderbilt and then na admit. I’d say don’t stress too much about interviews 

1 hour ago, coffeeman123 said:

Does anyone know a good spot to find about living in any of these cities as an impoverished graduate student? The forums for the cities are all full of 10 year old information at this point. Is it best to just post in the Reddit for each city to get a feel?

Id ask the current grad students at your program. You should have a chance to ask all your neighborhood questions on the visit day.

Can I here something good this week? Nothing has been come out for me. Only rejection mails.

I am getting desparate. 

0a/0w/9r/8p

Rejection: Wisconsin-Madision, WashU, Boston, Virginia, Emory, Berkeley, Delaware, Maryland-College Park, Notre Dame

Pending: Northwestern, Georgetown, Cornell, Princeton, Minnesota, Duke, Connecticut, UPenn

1 hour ago, SH95 said:

Can I here something good this week? Nothing has been come out for me. Only rejection mails.

I am getting desparate. 

0a/0w/9r/8p

Rejection: Wisconsin-Madision, WashU, Boston, Virginia, Emory, Berkeley, Delaware, Maryland-College Park, Notre Dame

Pending: Northwestern, Georgetown, Cornell, Princeton, Minnesota, Duke, Connecticut, UPenn

Wow, the predominant number of the grad schools you have targeted are the best in the field of PoliSci. Even though this is not entirely the case with me (some schools I have applied to are wayyyyy far out of the top 20-30 range), I have so far seen just three rejections - and that's it. The good thing is, THERE IS TIME. Plenty of it. Good things are coming our way, I am sure. We just need patience. Patience is the key.

23 hours ago, randomsinging said:

Never assume rejection until you see it with your own eyes! I don’t think Georgetown interviews every single applicant that they feel adequate, based on posts from previous years. But I didn’t apply to NYU so I don’t know.

Thank you! I'll try to stay positive!

5 hours ago, PolGrad said:

I wish everyone a nice week with positive news. Unfortunately a huge earthquake struck the southeastern part of my country this morning :(

I hope you and your family are safe and well! It is absolutely devastating to see  the damage in both Turkey and Syria. 

On 2/2/2023 at 5:32 PM, qampus said:

People, is Boston University sending out emails right now? Please respond.

Hey! I saw that you are applying for CEU, are you applying for the 1 year or 2 year track? Also may I ask what background/profile you have?

8 hours ago, PolGrad said:

I wish everyone a nice week with positive news. Unfortunately a huge earthquake struck the southeastern part of my country this morning :(

This is truly sad news. I hope you and your family stay safe! Meanwhile wish you receive more good news in the upcoming week.

13 minutes ago, Realbadgal said:

This is truly sad news. I hope you and your family stay safe! Meanwhile wish you receive more good news in the upcoming week.

Thank you ?? Me and my family are not living in that region but we have some relatives who were affected from this earthquake. Fortunately, we could contact with them and they are all fine.

Can anyone who got an offer from Rochester share the details they got in an email via PM? I’ll share mine too, I’m somewhat confused about the specific verbiage but don’t want to reach out to the DGS yet haha. 

2 hours ago, redaxcx said:

Hey! I saw that you are applying for CEU, are you applying for the 1 year or 2 year track? Also may I ask what background/profile you have?

1. I have applied for three one-year programs (PoliSci, IR, and Envir.)

2. Straight out of undergrad, qualitative (which is terrible for PoliSci these days, but oh well), one co-authored paper, one conference paper, top-1 university in my country.

And you? Which programs have you applied for and what are your stats?

5 minutes ago, Repspolisci said:

Claiming Princeton! Received email from department! American Politics. So shocked but so happy.

Congratulations:) Did you get your Master degree from US and how was your GRE Scores?

I also applied but still waiting response from Princeton. Probably it would be rejection, though.

I graduated undergrad last June from a T20 U.S. institution so no master's degree. My quant GRE score was horrible which is why I was so shocked but I have multiple journal publications and currently working as a lab manager for my previous institution within my field of study so I don't know maybe that made up for my gre scores.

Also, do not give up I've noticed that most admissions are sent out in batches so there is still hope! Wishing you the best of luck !!