2022-2023 Application Thread

Theory007

4 minutes ago, Tfew said:

My feelings as well. I did have an informal interview with a potential adv. so that is a positive

Yay! And which of your schools was that?

Also, did she personally send you an email, or how was this arranged?

Just now, qampus said:

Yay! And which of your schools was that?

Also, did she personally send you an email, or how was this arranged?

I reached out to a professor who had similar interests via email. He asked if I could call him on his phone. He told me about the University and asked me about my research interests.

5 hours ago, TerribleTowel said:

I also got an unofficial acceptance from Washington St. Louis - funding email will come later. There is no change on the portal. The email was from the admissions director and was sent at exactly 1 pm central time.

Hello. Do you think that Washington St. Louis sent all admission results for its Political Science PhD program? Should I wait more; based on the their admission results sent to applicants around mid-February? I began to lose my hopes after seeing the first results from Washington st. Louis.

1 hour ago, PolGrad said:

Hello. Do you think that Washington St. Louis sent all admission results for its Political Science PhD program? Should I wait more; based on the their admission results sent to applicants around mid-February? I began to lose my hopes after seeing the first results from Washington st. Louis.

Yeah, I was wondering the same. 

I'm pretty much set that it's going to be a rejection for me from WashU, because usually all schools release admits at the same time. 

Out of curiosity, did anyone apply to the Mcdonnell International Scholarship? I was too exhausted to apply to a scholarship at a program without an admit. 

Also, congrats to all those claiming admits at WashU, it's an amazing program and a very special school. 

Edited by Norah1994

1 hour ago, Norah1994 said:

I'm pretty much set that it's going to be a rejection for me from WashU, because usually all schools release admits at the same time. 

Out of curiosity, did anyone apply to the Mcdonnell International Scholarship? I was too exhausted to apply to a scholarship at a program without an admit. 

Also, congrats to all those claiming admits at WashU, it's an amazing program and a very special school. 

eheheheh I am literally writing my essay for the scholarship as I type this... )) Got a rec letter arranged today, and the video is going to be recorded later today, I guess...

5 hours ago, qampus said:

Congrats! Does it mean that if there is no funding = practically a rejection? I mean, an acceptance is great, but what is the use of it without funding?

No, on the website it says that students are funded for at least 4 years. Likely what happened is that funding is decided by the college while admission is decided by the department. That's why there is a delay. (Not just for Wash U, but also for a lot of schools.) The email said, "You will soon receive a formal offer letter with financial information directly from the Graduate School."

1 hour ago, Norah1994 said:

It will be a major faqap if I submit my application for the scholarship, and a couple of hours later my rejection comes in... ahahahah ))

2 minutes ago, TerribleTowel said:

No, on the website it says that students are funded for at least 4 years. Likely what happened is that funding is decided by the college while admission is decided by the department. That's why there is a delay. (Not just for Wash U, but also for a lot of schools.) The email said, "You will soon receive a formal offer letter with financial information directly from the Graduate School."

Gotcha! Thanks.

3 hours ago, PolGrad said:

It's hard to say for sure. For instance, last year Berkeley seems to have had 4 rounds of acceptances. At the same time, though, Wash U admitted all results at once last year. But keep in mind that last year they also sent out results two weeks later, so this year is different.

I'm hoping for the best for you. If Wash U doesn't work out, I'm sure another good program will!

1 hour ago, qampus said:

eheheheh I am literally writing my essay for the scholarship as I type this... )) Got a rec letter arranged today, and the video is going to be recorded later today, I guess...

God, just thinking about it is giving me a headache. Sounds like so much work ?

1 hour ago, qampus said:

It will be a major faqap if I submit my application for the scholarship, and a couple of hours later my rejection comes in... ahahahah ))

Lol. ikr. That was my logic behind not applying. Now, I'm wondering if I'm making a mistake tho after seeing your comment...lol ?‍♀️

28 minutes ago, MooseTracks said:

Do you think we'll hear back from Princeton and Michigan anytime soon? usually they're at the end of the month right?

Last year they sent acceptances between the first and second week of February... So probably some more weeks ahead...

1 hour ago, Crossed_fingers said:

Princeton acceptances on the survey board here usually get trolled. Im not sure i trust any of the historical info about when they get posted.

Yes, there is a historical figure who  every year (around mid-January) trolls with a Princeton acceptance ?

But these results in the first weeks of February were people in the forum (certified haha). I read the treads of 2020 and 2021 and it seems that we can credibly expect results for Berkeley, Princeton, Michigan, and Columbia around Feb 7-10...

Hopefully good news!

19 hours ago, Aztec said:

Yes, there is a historical figure who  every year (around mid-January) trolls with a Princeton acceptance ?

But these results in the first weeks of February were people in the forum (certified haha). I read the treads of 2020 and 2021 and it seems that we can credibly expect results for Berkeley, Princeton, Michigan, and Columbia around Feb 7-10...

Hopefully good news!

Oh man... I thought Berkeley releases acceptances end of January. I was really hoping for some news this week. The waiting is really one of the most stressful things.

12 minutes ago, Aztec said:

I had an interview with a member of the adcomm last week. Results are anticipated to come out this or next week.

P.S. Here we go! Princeton troll in the results page...

What is your subfield? Hoping interviews are a bit idiosyncratic and it doesnt mean I am doomed at Wisconsin?

34 minutes ago, REGISTERONRAINYDAY said:

Is there anybody claiming Princeton acceptance? It seems kind of early for Princeton to send out offers. 

I also saw several acceptances in the result page but no one claiming it in the forum? Wondering if they sent out all the offers at the same time. Also, it is pretty early for Princeton to release the results at this time.

I am CP. 

1 hour ago, navyir said:

What is your subfield? Hoping interviews are a bit idiosyncratic and it doesnt mean I am doomed at Wisconsin?

Every year, somebody comes very early with the thing of Princeton. Don't worry a minute about it...

12 minutes ago, tryingmybest123 said:

Please someone confirm this :(

Edited by Aztec