NSF GRFP 2022-2023

fellowshipstress

If there is really an info session on the 4th, you'd think they would want to give people at least a weeks notice for that... Just had the (probably wrong) thought that maybe this weekends scare was the maintence to post results and they just won't be published until tomorrow AM. Although that's expecting them to be logical which we all know they aren't

I could be wrong, but the "Institution Directory" link seemed new to me after the grfp portal update. Therefore, I think they were actually doing maintenance on the portal. Since it is 3:30 ET already, and there isn't a maintenance statement on the portal. I don't think it's happening tonight.

2 minutes ago, fellowshipstress said:

I could be wrong, but the "Institution Directory" link seemed new to me after the grfp portal update. Therefore, I think they were actually doing maintenance on the portal. Since it is 3:30 ET already, and there isn't a maintenance statement on the portal. I don't think it's happening tonight.

That has existed for awhile (I have memory of looking a program officers by university with it during the fall). I concur with your closing statement.

3 hours ago, AnxiousAeroEng said:

My guess is, given the info sessions that are starting on the 31st, it would be reasonable to have the results out before then. That would make Thursday night/Friday morning a reasonable target.

I think those info sessions may actually not be for new awardees. For example, this appears to be the "NSF GRFP Webinar at Cal Poly Humboldt" happening on April 6th and it's about introducing students to the application process. I imagine the other "NSF GRFP Webinar" events on March 31st (the one for University of Alaska Fairbanks Center for Cross-Cultural Studies) and April 5th (the one for the Roadrunner talk series at University of New Mexico High Desert Linguistics Society) are similar. Also I think we may have been reading too much into the "busy," I suspect that's just someone's personal calendar getting copied to the GRFP site by mistake lol. For example, there is now a "busy" event on March 23rd, 2023 and nothing (that we could see) happened then. In conclusion, when will the GRFP results come out? We just don't know.

Edited by phycocyanin
clarity

6 hours ago, phycocyanin said:

I think those info sessions may actually not be for new awardees. For example, this appears to be the "NSF GRFP Webinar at Cal Poly Humboldt" happening on April 6th and it's about introducing students to the application process. I imagine the other "NSF GRFP Webinar" events on March 31st (the one for University of Alaska Fairbanks Center for Cross-Cultural Studies) and April 5th (the one for the Roadrunner talk series at University of New Mexico High Desert Linguistics Society) are similar. Also I think we may have been reading too much into the "busy," I suspect that's just someone's personal calendar getting copied to the GRFP site by mistake lol. For example, there is now a "busy" event on March 23rd, 2023 and nothing (that we could see) happened then. In conclusion, when will the GRFP results come out? We just don't know.

phycocyanin is right, there are signup links for these info sessions elsewhere on the GRFP website and they are intended to assist students in preparing application materials. 

12 hours ago, phycocyanin said:

Yes this is a possibility as well. Who wants to join the webinar and ask when the current year's results will come out?? :lol:

The GRFP false alarm did not quite have the right time of maintenance (which had maintenance end at 8am). This maintenance has a time of 11pm-6am and falls in line with every prior maintenance before GRFP release.  

I bet this is it honestly, but we will see very soon! 

Edit: obvious caveat: results have never been released on a Wednesday before, but prior to last year they had never been released on a Monday either. 

Edited by jongu

1 hour ago, jongu said:

The GRFP false alarm did not quite have the right time of maintenance (which had maintenance end at 8am). This maintenance has a time of 11pm-6am and falls in line with every prior maintenance before GRFP release.  

I bet this is it honestly, but we will see very soon! 

Edit: obvious caveat: results have never been released on a Wednesday before, but prior to last year they had never been released on a Monday either. 

Yeah the difference in time here would seem to indicate a release. Because they broke the Tuesday-Friday pattern last year, I would make the assumption that they wouldn't necessarily hold onto it this year either.

10 minutes ago, grfp throwaway said:

Sorry for the somewhat silly question, but will we be able to see feedback as soon as the results are released? 

Yes - once results are posted to our pages in the GRFP portal. There will be a link under App Package Task List to "View/Print Application Reviews". This will be downloadable pdf with comments on BI/IM/Overall from each reviewer and rating given from each (Excellent, Very Good, Fair, etc)

The email notification will be clear between congratulations or we regret to inform you...

I know this from my experience applying as a senior undergrad two years ago.

5 minutes ago, ninth_chevron said:

Yes - once results are posted to our pages in the GRFP portal. There will be a link under App Package Task List to "View/Print Application Reviews". This will be downloadable pdf with comments on BI/IM/Overall from each reviewer and rating given from each (Excellent, Very Good, Fair, etc)

The email notification will be clear between congratulations or we regret to inform you...

I know this from my experience applying as a senior undergrad two years ago.

Thank you!!! That's good to know. I'll be checking on the portal then.

11 minutes ago, grfp throwaway said:

Thank you!!! That's good to know. I'll be checking on the portal then.

No problem. As far as exact timing, the email notification timestamp was 6:13am (2021). So perhaps the email follows a few hours behind, I remember being able to log in immediately when I saw the email. According to the sacred google sheet on here, timing for the maintenance event and first result post.

3/22, 11:00 PM to 3/23, 6:00 AM March 23, 1:25 AM