SSHRC CGS -D & Doctoral Fellowships 2023-2024

capricorn97

8 minutes ago, Just Check said:

Hi guys! I just received the email from SSHRC. I won the doctoral fellowship!!! Thank you all for your great support and all the updated information! Best luck! 

Congrats!! Can I ask what committee you are??

8 minutes ago, Just Check said:

Hi guys! I just received the email from SSHRC. I won the doctoral fellowship!!! Thank you all for your great support and all the updated information! Best luck! 

I am in committee 4 and just got the email at 9:54 pm ET 

Hi guys, I finally got my email from SSHRC at about 10pm EST! I got the Doctoral Fellowship! :) (Committee 4)

For those still waiting to hear, fingers crossed that your results are on the way. This thread has been the only thing keeping me sane over the past few days and I can't thank everyone enough for the updates, support and solidarity.

Edited by PsychedelicRaccoon
typo

My results email came through at 11pm so I hope all of yours did too! I didn’t get it this time but I think I know what to do for next time and feel good about just getting more specific with my methods. Best of luck to you all!!

Edited by LindseyT
Typo

10 minutes ago, Just Check said:

I have a question: how can I accept the scholarship? should I just reply to the email that they sent to me? or do they have a specific email? Thank you for your great support! 

To accept, you email: fellowships@sshrc-crsh.gc.ca - takes a day or two to hear back, but they confirm! If, for some reason, you need to change the award date (as I had to move the award start from May 1 to Sept 1), you email them there.

Also - congrats to you and everyone who got it - and for those who didn't, there is next year! I wasn't successful the first time last year, but reworked it, got a bit further in my topic (critical data studies/AI embodiment + data de/colonialism) and got the CGS-D this year. The whole process was a beast though. I'm glad that this forum exists! 

1 minute ago, microcan said:

To accept, you email: fellowships@sshrc-crsh.gc.ca - takes a day or two to hear back, but they confirm! If, for some reason, you need to change the award date (as I had to move the award start from May 1 to Sept 1), you email them there.

Also - congrats to you and everyone who got it - and for those who didn't, there is next year! I wasn't successful the first time last year, but reworked it, got a bit further in my topic (critical data studies/AI embodiment + data de/colonialism) and got the CGS-D this year. The whole process was a beast though. I'm glad that this forum exists! 

Thank you so much! 

11 hours ago, LindseyT said:

My results email came through at 11pm so I hope all of yours did too! I didn’t get it this time but I think I know what to do for next time and feel good about just getting more specific with my methods. Best of luck to you all!!

Yeah, just going through the exercise has a lot of value. Getting more precise with one's methods, getting more used to applying for major awards, etc. Lots of good upside to applying, even if the process isn't always easy.

On 4/27/2023 at 1:45 PM, braungc said:

@The1 @pillowcaserutabaga + anyone else who is wondering.. I just got a reply to my question on CGS-D vs. Doctoral Fellowship- it essentially just acknowledged my acceptance of the Doctoral instead of the CGS-D since I am at a foreign institution and said someone would reply later to other questions I had. It seems like they just included acceptance of one in the other? I did get a separate document with a notice of results specifically labelled as SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship, too. And then they just notified me that an updated notice would be added to my account 'shortly'. I hope that helps!

Hey, 

I received a similar email. My portal has yet to be updated. All my documents are labeled as CGS-D award. Hopefully, it will be updated this week... 

Question: SSHRC sent me the first instalment form. In the form, it required me to send my notice of award to the faculty of graduate studies in my institution.  I am wondering why I should do so. I think that SSHRC should send the notice to my university. SSHRC just created a folder for me to upload this form. Does anyone have the same situation as me? Thank you! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey everyone! I don't know if this forum is still active (or if there's a new one for the upcoming applications). I will be applying after a first unsuccessful attempt and I have an issue regarding which committee to choose (it's been discussed on here before). My thesis is in philosophy with a topic on AI Ethics.  I feel that Committee 2 with philosophy is not well-suited as the other members are in very classical areas. I think other applicants had this issue before.  I'm wondering if anyone else in Philosophy and AI Ethics is applying, or has applied and chose a particular committee and was successful. Any advice would be amazing!

Thanks!!

• 6 months later...

In the past week, my application has disappeared from the SSHRC portal (WHICH IS VERY STRESSFUL). The portal reads "nothing to display" but then there is a menu above that says "Select one of the following forms from the drop-down menu: applications, accepted invitations, final research reports." Has this happened to anyone else? Is it a bad thing? Should I call them?