SSHRC CGS -D & Doctoral Fellowships 2023-2024

capricorn97

So after about 7 hours of refreshing every browser I have, getting close then the page crashing multiple times (and achieving a variety of error codes in the process), I found out that I was successful. Kind of shocked but I was ranked 16/123 in committee 752-4B. Hope everyone gets their results soon! I need a nap. 

2 minutes ago, bluetopaz said:

So after about 7 hours of refreshing every browser I have, getting close then the page crashing multiple times (and achieving a variety of error codes in the process), I found out that I was successful. Kind of shocked but I was ranked 16/123 in committee 752-4B. Hope everyone gets their results soon! I need a nap. 

Congrats!! I still haven't gotten an email 🥲 what a day it's been

Joining to commiserate about not hearing yet...! What a brutal day.

It's my first time applying  - would it be a bad idea to use one of the links for the Extranet shared earlier and attempt to create an account?! I don't think I can take this wait anymore...!!!!

And Congrats to those who found out they were successful! To those who found out otherwise... your research is still important and whether or not you received SSHRC doesn't define you or your research! :)

Edited by stuckasaurus

10 minutes ago, stuckasaurus said:

Joining to commiserate about not hearing yet...! What a brutal day.

It's my first time applying  - would it be a bad idea to use one of the links for the Extranet shared earlier and attempt to create an account?! I don't think I can take this wait anymore...!!!!

And Congrats to those who found out they were successful! To those who found out otherwise... your research is still important and whether or not you received SSHRC doesn't define you or your research! :)

you can try to use one of the shared links for the Extranet, but I don't think it will work... I tried to "reset" my password and it said that there was no account associated with my email. Sighs.

49 minutes ago, Alleycatz said:

you can try to use one of the shared links for the Extranet, but I don't think it will work... I tried to "reset" my password and it said that there was no account associated with my email. Sighs.

Same. After about fifteen tries I've finally accepted that I have not been set up on the portal yet haha

12 minutes ago, Attempted_Academic said:

Same. After about fifteen tries I've finally accepted that I have not been set up on the portal yet haha

1 hour ago, Alleycatz said:

Sigh. In for a long night...

Hoping we find out soon! 🤞

2 minutes ago, desperateamericano said:

Sorry if I miss it! But how to tell which committee we are in?

We had to select which committee we wanted to review our application before we submitted in September - It should be listed on your application!

4 minutes ago, desperateamericano said:

Sorry if I miss it! But how to tell which committee we are in?

If you forget you can also google "SSHRC CGS -D committees" and you will see what faculty/ topic falls into which committee 

18 minutes ago, impatientlylurking said:

Am I right that a lot of people from committee 5 are the ones who haven't heard? This is so brutal. I guess the question is, has anyone from committee 5 received the email? 

I'm in committee four. Everyone else in my cohort is as well but I'm the only one with no email.

26 minutes ago, impatientlylurking said:

Am I right that a lot of people from committee 5 are the ones who haven't heard? This is so brutal. I guess the question is, has anyone from committee 5 received the email? 

Yeah, I have same question. I’m in committee 5 as well and I haven’t heard anything. 

Hang in there folks. I'm also waiting.

If it's making you anxious and you're sitting and refreshing your screen constantly, it might be a good idea to step away and unplug. Go for a walk. Leave your phone at home. Take in some air.

Easier said than done, I understand, but better for your mental health.

Whatever the results and whenever you find out, you will be fine.

Edited by Fifiloo

Just got an email from my grad office this morning saying I received CGS-D! Results are unofficial until I get my link from SSHRC and receive my official letter! Had me crying my on way to work this morning🥺! I also believe I’m committee 4; educational research!

I will admit though; until I see the SSHRC official document I won’t believe it! Hang in there everyone!

7 minutes ago, capricorn97 said:

Just got an email from my grad office this morning saying I received CGS-D! Results are unofficial until I get my link from SSHRC and receive my official letter! Had me crying my on way to work this morning🥺! I also believe I’m committee 4; educational research!

I will admit though; until I see the SSHRC official document I won’t believe it! Hang in there everyone!

Congrats! Do you think that if we have not heard from our grad office we should assume unsuccessful?