SSHRC CGS -D & Doctoral Fellowships 2023-2024

capricorn97

5 hours ago, dogmom said:

Alright. My application wasn't successful so that sucks. Good luck everyone! Thanks for all your support!

I hope the FRQSC decision went your way! (The website is soooo slow). My SSHRC-funded project (30/122) got ranked 15/15 (dead last) by the FRQSC. Oddly enough, I thought I had done a better job on the FRQSC application than the SSHRC application... I guess a lot depends on who is on the committee and what the competition is like?

Edited by ALanguageGuy

Does anyone know how often people decline their awards? Just wondering if I should have any hope of moving up the wait list. I know the CGS-M waitlist can move pretty good since people apply to multiple schools, but idk if that’s the case here…

10 minutes ago, neverwinter22 said:

Does anyone know how often people decline their awards? Just wondering if I should have any hope of moving up the wait list. I know the CGS-M waitlist can move pretty good since people apply to multiple schools, but idk if that’s the case here…

Once the dust settles a bit, I might create a waitlist thread, as a few of those have existed over the years. 

Edited by marloe

I just heard from my institution that SSHRC IT has stated there was an issue with the system which resulted in approximately ~2000 applications not receiving their SSHRC results. They stated they are working to remedy this and will hopefully have our results sent out by tomorrow, at the latest by the end of next week. 

Congrats to everyone who has received an award! Hang in there to everyone still waiting for an email! 

3 minutes ago, sunshineanddogs said:

I just heard from my institution that SSHRC IT has stated there was an issue with the system which resulted in approximately ~2000 applications not receiving their SSHRC results. They stated they are working to remedy this and will hopefully have our results sent out by tomorrow, at the latest by the end of next week. 

Congrats to everyone who has received an award! Hang in there to everyone still waiting for an email! 

Next week?!?!?

4 minutes ago, sunshineanddogs said:

Do we think that this means if we have not gotten the email yet that we will not know till tomorrow or NEXT WEEK? ahhh....

15 minutes ago, sunshineanddogs said:

Thanks so much for sharing this information. So they're on the way at least.

1 hour ago, neverwinter22 said:

I had a friend who was wait listed and he then got an e-mail SIX MONTHS after the results came out saying enough people had declined that he now had a full ride for his PhD. It *does* happen but likely is really dependent on how big the school you are at is.