SSHRC CGS -D & Doctoral Fellowships 2023-2024

capricorn97

40 minutes ago, dogmom said:

I just tried calling.  There was no answer and automated message said to leave a voicemail. I doubt they will call me back lol

Just tell them you're calling on behalf of a few dozen stressed out doctoral students and, if they respond, we'll all stop crashing their phone system. 

Thanks for trying! 

2 minutes ago, literaturemovement said:

I always tell myself not to get my hopes up but here I am refreshing this page & the extranet over and over again 😭

You have access because you previously applied right? There wasn't any email earlier this month giving us access as I didn't get one...

I found this site which I believe is the extranet (https://portal-portail.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/s/login.aspx), but I'm scared if I attempt to create an account, or click "forget password" if they've already made me one, it will crash my application or something 😅

1 minute ago, JB9797 said:

You have access because you previously applied right? There wasn't any email earlier this month giving us access as I didn't get one...

I found this site which I believe is the extranet (https://portal-portail.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/s/login.aspx), but I'm scared if I attempt to create an account, or click "forget password" if they've already made me one, it will crash my application or something 😅

I played with fire and created my account like 2 weeks ago...hopefully it won't crash anything, I've been thinking about this on a daily basis🤣

6 minutes ago, JB9797 said:

Yes—I applied last year. As far as I know, they haven't sent any emails this year.

So I got through on a call after waiting for 15 minutes. The person I spoke to seemed a little confused, so I would take this with a grain of salt.

When I specifically asked about SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship results, he said they'll be released at the 'end of April' so I asked if he meant by this Friday, and he said technically they're supposed to be released April 30, so we should expect to hear on Monday, May 1, 2023, or maybe on the weekend.

I left the call feeling more confused than before! I don't know if he knew what he was talking about, but if he did, we have more waiting to do. 

6 minutes ago, Kikiriki said:

So I got through on a call after waiting for 15 minutes. The person I spoke to seemed a little confused, so I would take this with a grain of salt.

When I specifically asked about SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship results, he said they'll be released at the 'end of April' so I asked if he meant by this Friday, and he said technically they're supposed to be released April 30, so we should expect to hear on Monday, May 1, 2023, or maybe on the weekend.

I left the call feeling more confused than before! I don't know if he knew what he was talking about, but if he did, we have more waiting to do. 

I think I'm going to take this with a grain of salt...if CIHR and CSRNG released their results...SSHRC shouldn't be too long either. At least I hope so haha.

1 minute ago, curiouscelery said:

People on the CIHR forum seem to be saying they didn’t get their results so 😕

I know some have. I think they are taking their sweet sweet time sending them. The emails don't come out all at ounce 😕

10 minutes ago, Kikiriki said:

So I also just got off a call after waiting for about the same amount of time, and I got completely contradicting information. The person I spoke to also seemed a bit confused—and he said that he couldn't find me at all in the system (way to initiate even more panic lol). He said that both NSERC and SSHRC results were being released at the same time and that they were doing their best to get the extranet back to being functional. So... not sure what we make of any of that tbh, especially in light of your call @Kikiriki. Could some other brave soul try? I got through by calling the technical support number and then not pressing 1 or 2 when they asked about technical help vs FDSR but just waiting for my call to be taken through to an agent. 

2 minutes ago, chicha3maddy said:

So I also just got off a call after waiting for about the same amount of time, and I got completely contradicting information. The person I spoke to also seemed a bit confused—and he said that he couldn't find me at all in the system (way to initiate even more panic lol). He said that both NSERC and SSHRC results were being released at the same time and that they were doing their best to get the extranet back to being functional. So... not sure what we make of any of that tbh, especially in light of your call @Kikiriki. Could some other brave soul try? I got through by calling the technical support number and then not pressing 1 or 2 when they asked about technical help vs FDSR but just waiting for my call to be taken through to an agent. 

All right, I'll take one for the team!!! I'm francophone so maybe the french people will have other info🤣

Edited by dogmom

4 minutes ago, dogmom said:

All right, I'll take one for the team!!! I'm francophone so maybe the french people will have other info🤣

Lollll amazing! Good luck, I hope they do! 

For those who are new applicants, is it still saying that there's no email associated with your password when you say "forgot my password" on the extranet login page? Just want to make sure that's a common experience lol 

3 minutes ago, chicha3maddy said:

For those who are new applicants, is it still saying that there's no email associated with your password when you say "forgot my password" on the extranet login page? Just want to make sure that's a common experience lol 

Yes, I just tried and got "We were unable to access your information. Please try again. If error persists, please contact the helpdesk."

1 minute ago, catdad007 said:

I'm wondering which portal is the "extranet"? Got two links through which I can connect:

https://portal-portail.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/s/login.aspx

https://webapps.nserc.ca/SSHRC/faces/logon.jsp?lang=en_CA

I think this is the extranet (forgot password page):

https://influence2.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/sites/700000/1028/_layouts/15/SD.UserSupport/ForgotPassword.aspx

4 minutes ago, catdad007 said:

I'm wondering which portal is the "extranet"? Got two links through which I can connect:

https://portal-portail.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/s/login.aspx

https://webapps.nserc.ca/SSHRC/faces/logon.jsp?lang=en_CA

Delete (already answered above)

Edited by JB9797
Duplicate

3 minutes ago, JB9797 said:

Yes, I just tried and got "We were unable to access your information. Please try again. If error persists, please contact the helpdesk."

Interesting, mine just says "unable to find an account with the email address provided." What do you get @PsychedelicRaccoon

Just now, chicha3maddy said:

Interesting, mine just says "unable to find an account with the email address provided." What do you get @PsychedelicRaccoon

Realized I was on the wrong link--I went to the link just posted now by @PsychedelicRaccoon and got the same message as you.

5 minutes ago, PsychedelicRaccoon said:

Has anyone been talking with the fellowships office? Every time I call I get forwarded to voice mail.

No, same thing happens to me and then they tell me to send an email instead. Has anyone emailed? Could be worth a shot. 

12 hours ago, Psychotherapist770 said:

The time line is so important to me in receiving news because I need to confirm my OGS prior to May 1st. It is really hard on all of us waiting in anticipation with no information at all. Anyone else also in my situation- received an OGS and need to accept it this week?

I am in my third year at Laurier looking at the intersection of intimate partner violence and religion.

Just wanted to say that while I don't know about the OGS/SSHRC overlap, I received both FRQSC (Quebec equivalent to OGS) and SSHRC for my MA. I had to accept both and the funding was revised afterwards. My uni was very adamant that we should NOT decline any awards if there was any uncertainty so that we didn't end up without funding. Also, congrats on the award!