SSHRC CGS -D & Doctoral Fellowships 2023-2024

capricorn97

15 minutes ago, collagepoetics said:

Got my results! Just finished the first year of my PhD studies (English literature); first time applying to SSHRC.
I was awarded a SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship. For frame of reference for other applicants (attached).

My only question, if anyone is able to answer, is that my mailing address is in the province I attend university, but I am currently back in my home province for the summer. Should I be worried about missing some important piece of mail from SSHRC? Hoping I don't have to trek across the country (again), but will bite the bullet if need be. Thanks for any insights!

Wishing everyone luck and positive outcomes! ❤️ ScreenShot2023-04-28at5_11_06PM.thumb.png.a41dba12611c3ce965e00e4b9b8d10e1.png

Congrats!! What a Friday :)

Same question, was this directly from SSHRC and when did you get the extranet email? Thanks for any info you can share.

10 minutes ago, psychiloon said:

Congratulations!!!! Do you mind if I ask when your email came in?

Thank you!! I managed to finally get into the site yesterday after receiving my email Wednesday night. I did receive the following in an email from my university yesterday, which might be helpful: 

Also, I have just been informed that SSHRC has had some technical difficulties and is still in the process of reaching out to successful candidates”

1 minute ago, Vancouver604.Ontario said:

Congrats!! What a Friday :)

Same question, was this directly from SSHRC and when did you get the extranet email? Thanks for any info you can share.

Thank you! It was from SSHRC with the extranet info, but I couldn’t access the extranet for a full day. I replied to the previous comment but just to be sure you see it:

I did receive the following in an email from my university yesterday, which might be helpful: 

Also, I have just been informed that SSHRC has had some technical difficulties and is still in the process of reaching out to successful candidates”

1 hour ago, theknittingacademic said:

I'm at UBC and the graduate faculty has the results - My department sent me Congratulations this morning. Check in with your department if you haven't already!

Thank you for the advice, I just did! Successful!! Still don’t know if it’s a CGS-D or fellowship but now I can relax 😅. Still no email from SSHRC though.

Is anyone still waiting to hear both from their school and SSHRC? I was told by my school (UofA) that results hadn't come in yet, and it looks like SSHRC has completely stopped sending emails. Feeling pretty isolated and hopeless at this point... 

3 hours ago, chicha3maddy said:

Is anyone still waiting to hear both from their school and SSHRC? I was told by my school (UofA) that results hadn't come in yet, and it looks like SSHRC has completely stopped sending emails. Feeling pretty isolated and hopeless at this point... 

I'm in the same spot! There are lots of ppl at my school (UofT) in the same position. It seems like the IT issue meant no extranet accounts or emails to ~2000 applicants and some schools haven't received results from SSHRC. I don't think we have been forgotten, we are just a second "IT issue batch" for next week. My understanding is they are working to send results directly to applicants (From my dept: "SSHRC will let applicants know before we are informed"). Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, chicha3maddy said:

I am also still in the same boat! No email from SSHRC. When I contacted my institution (UofG), they told me they don't have the results, and even if they did, SSHRC needs to be the one to inform us. 

The lack of transparency/consistency from SSHRC is quite frustrating... the only reason I know anything is because of this forum! 

11 hours ago, chicha3maddy said:

here! 

On 4/29/2023 at 7:59 AM, stuckasaurus said:

I am also still in the same boat! No email from SSHRC. When I contacted my institution (UofG), they told me they don't have the results, and even if they did, SSHRC needs to be the one to inform us. 

The lack of transparency/consistency from SSHRC is quite frustrating... the only reason I know anything is because of this forum! 

I contacted my school and they got information from the SSHRC rep that they are sending out a set number of results per day and everyone will have their results over the next few days (this was sent Friday) so hopefully the latest we have to wait is Monday!! 

Same! A few of us left on the thread. I received this from SSHRC this morning after emailing them on Friday to see if the office could share results directly(not super helpful, but sharing for info):

"Thank you for communicating with us. Unfortunately, we cannot share or confirm the competition results. SSHRC will inform all applicants of the outcome of their applications via the SSHRC Extranet for Applicants. Once your file has been updated on the Extranet, you will receive an email with a link and further instructions"

2 minutes ago, Vancouver604.Ontario said:

Same! A few of us left on the thread. I received this from SSHRC this morning after emailing them on Friday to see if the office could share results directly(not super helpful, but sharing for info):

"Thank you for communicating with us. Unfortunately, we cannot share or confirm the competition results. SSHRC will inform all applicants of the outcome of their applications via the SSHRC Extranet for Applicants. Once your file has been updated on the Extranet, you will receive an email with a link and further instructions"

Thanks for sharing - every piece of information is better than nothing in my books! It is so unfair that some people have received results while others have not. It also feels as though they are in no rush to inform those impacted by the technical difficulties

If they really are sending out at least some results every day, then someone should hear today. More likely people in committee 4. But I've been checking Twitter too, and so far it seems like no new emails have gone out. 

1 minute ago, chicha3maddy said:

If they really are sending out at least some results every day, then someone should hear today. More likely people in committee 4. But I've been checking Twitter too, and so far it seems like no new emails have gone out. 

Fingers crossed, the wait has been taking a serious toll on my productivity.

6 minutes ago, PsychedelicRaccoon said:

Thanks for sharing - every piece of information is better than nothing in my books! It is so unfair that some people have received results while others have not. It also feels as though they are in no rush to inform those impacted by the technical difficulties

What frustrates me the most is that there hasn't been any apology or even understanding on their part of the toll that this would take on the small group that's still waiting to hear. Their automatic email reply says "we invite them to be patient"; there is nothing anywhere about how the results have been missing for a week and the delay has now taken us past the latest possible date that they promised (end of April). No kind of recognition that this was an error on their end that students are now forced to deal with. Even a simple "We apologize for the delay" would have helped.