MPH 2023 Canada

PHWarrior

1 hour ago, MPHUOT said:

Mine still is Under Evaluation. It hasnt reverted to the old message tho. My application did disappear for like an hour yesterday and my portal said "no application found" but it came back later. Did everyone have statistics courses completed who got in? I graduated in 2020 and the last time I took stats was in 2016 and I didnt do well so im wondering if that may have screwed me 😕

What stream did you apply for? Maybe they're releasing decisions by streams, I applied for their population health risk assessment stream! 

For all the U Ottawa admitted people: Does anyone think their admissions/decisions have been going alphabetically so far? Have the earliest acceptances been people with early alphabet last names and then maybe working their way down still? A late alphabet name here trying to stay hopeful..

1 minute ago, mphing said:

do you happen to know what time they released decisions for last years cohort?

Based on LinkedIn, April 10/11 last year but Suzanne told me via email last Monday that first wave of admission decisions will go out this week. 

46 minutes ago, hello123456 said:

What stream did you apply for? Maybe they're releasing decisions by streams, I applied for their population health risk assessment stream! 

I believe I applied for there public Health Policy Stream so doubt its that as I saw others get in :/. My last name does start with a Y so it may be that. Honestly not sure but keep getting more anxious as the days go as I just want to know. Even if its a no lol as I have a new potential work project starting in september and if I dont get in Im going to do that. But I need to know ASAP. gah

16 minutes ago, MPHUOT said:

I believe I applied for there public Health Policy Stream so doubt its that as I saw others get in :/. My last name does start with a Y so it may be that. Honestly not sure but keep getting more anxious as the days go as I just want to know. Even if its a no lol as I have a new potential work project starting in september and if I dont get in Im going to do that. But I need to know ASAP. gah

Interesting, I wonder how they're doing it! My last name is actually early in the alphabet so I don't know if thats how they're doing it... feels very random since waitlist has also come out based on some reddit comments. I'm sure you'll get in though, stay positive!

Edited by hello123456

1 hour ago, mphtobemaybe said:

For all the U Ottawa admitted people: Does anyone think their admissions/decisions have been going alphabetically so far? Have the earliest acceptances been people with early alphabet last names and then maybe working their way down still? A late alphabet name here trying to stay hopeful..

I think it’s pretty random, I got my acceptance yesterday. I have a mid-alphabet name, applied for the Public Health Policy stream, and put in my application close to the deadline (January 29).

1 hour ago, hello123456 said:

Interesting, I wonder how they're doing it! My last name is actually early in the alphabet so I don't know if thats how they're doing it... feels very random since waitlist has also come out based on some reddit comments. I'm sure you'll get in though, stay positive!

Update.. just got admitted!

2 hours ago, Popcorn21 said:

It better be today please before they sign off work.. if not, can someone please email Suzanne

I emailed Suzanne on Monday; the offer list is with the grad office already, and according to her, it should be this week, hopefully ... I hope we hear back by tomorrow!

5 minutes ago, MPHUOT said:

Congrats!!! Did you get an email or just checked Ozone? Still nothing on my end 😕

Thank you! I just checked uozone not really expecting anything but saw my status had changed on the home page! I hope you hear soon, best of luck!

28 minutes ago, jinie said:

I emailed Suzanne on Monday; the offer list is with the grad office already, and according to her, it should be this week, hopefully ... I hope we hear back by tomorrow!

If anyone at U of T can see how often someone logs on to their portal...I feel like I must be setting a new record this week! Fingers crossed for tomorrow and good luck to all!

3 minutes ago, coffeebeanz said:

If anyone at U of T can see how often someone logs on to their portal...I feel like I must be setting a new record this week! Fingers crossed for tomorrow and good luck to all!

Thats mee toooo!! I am embarrassed for the amount of visits per minute but oh well..

10 hours ago, purplerain342 said:

Just got rejected from UBC, but I got accepted to SFU and UofA and I will be going with UofA! Good luck to everyone who applied and is still waiting, loved being a part of this thread. Hope it helps out the MPH applicants next year! Good luck everyone!!!

Hi! How did you choose between the two schools? I also got into both but I'm having doubts about where to go

10 hours ago, purplerain342 said:

Just got rejected from UBC, but I got accepted to SFU and UofA and I will be going with UofA! Good luck to everyone who applied and is still waiting, loved being a part of this thread. Hope it helps out the MPH applicants next year! Good luck everyone!!!

wow congrats on the acceptances! can i ask what your stats are? and when did you get accepted to sfu?

Edited by purplegiraffe22