Already waiting for fall 2011!

laurend

On the same idea as schools telling you they will update a site, I was told that I would recieve a decision in 4 to 6 weeks and it has now been 7 weeks since they notified me. Id rather they just not tell me anything then to get my hopes up for no reason. I just hope to hear before Christmas. (Granted this is a reach school, and Id rather have no response rather than a early rejection.)

Yes, I am indeed from Florida. I go to UF and I was born and raised in central Florida.

sweet! am applying to phd at UF. i sure hope i at least get to visit the place sometime in feb/march.. that'd be a nice break from the frigid cold here!

sweet! am applying to phd at UF. i sure hope i at least get to visit the place sometime in feb/march.. that'd be a nice break from the frigid cold here!

Well, It is far from cold here. It's t-shirt and flip flop weather, granted to a true floridian it is ALWAYS flip flop weather. Its funny how you will see people all bundled up in every pieve of clothing they own and yet they freeze their toes off in their flip flops.(It is only "cold" for a couple weeks a year, but it does normally get chilly) Plus our football team will be back in tip top shape next year. If you get in, MAKE SURE TO BUY SEASON FOOTBALL TICKETS!!! They go on sale early in the summer. Even if you don't go to all the games, you can sell your extra tickets for a pretty decent profit. I LOVE UF. I hope you get in, because it is a wonderful school. While I hope to go out of state ( and brave the cold winters of the north) for my masters, I will always bleed Orange and Blue. Good luck.

:)

Also, If you'd like, you can let me know after you get in and Ill give you all the insider information on where to live and what not.

Well, It is far from cold here. It's t-shirt and flip flop weather, granted to a true floridian it is ALWAYS flip flop weather. Its funny how you will see people all bundled up in every pieve of clothing they own and yet they freeze their toes off in their flip flops.(It is only "cold" for a couple weeks a year, but it does normally get chilly) Plus our football team will be back in tip top shape next year. If you get in, MAKE SURE TO BUY SEASON FOOTBALL TICKETS!!! They go on sale early in the summer. Even if you don't go to all the games, you can sell your extra tickets for a pretty decent profit. I LOVE UF. I hope you get in, because it is a wonderful school. While I hope to go out of state ( and brave the cold winters of the north) for my masters, I will always bleed Orange and Blue. Good luck.

:)

Also, If you'd like, you can let me know after you get in and Ill give you all the insider information on where to live and what not.

football tickets are the first things in my mind, no matter which school i go to! to be honest, i applied to UF as a backup. unless i get into one of my top 3 choices, UF will be where i'll go. i love humidity, and better when it's hot. it sure will be fun if i end up going there.

thanks for your help offer, i'll definitely make contact if i decide to attend UF! :)

good luck with your apps too.... it's not even december, but this wait is excruciating! :(

First LORs are due Dec 1. Two of three have been submitted. Starting to get nervous but realize there is nothing I can do other than be a pain, which I hate being!

Sometimes you have to be a pain to get the LORs done on time or at all...professors are so busy they tend to forget and don't really mind if you keep reminding them!

yea, you feel fine because you just submitted your apps. give it a few days/weeks, and you'll start to feel like the rest of us ;)

Oh don't get me wrong, I started my statement back in July...I've been living this hell for quite some time. I finally just submitted them because I couldn't stand to have them open to revisions any longer! Plus, us MA kids don't hear back till March...you Ph.Ds have it good!

Edited by Meg11

I submitted 5 out or 6 applications last week. Thanksgiving made it not a bad reason to contact potential advisors, wishing them a good Thanksgiving weekend and reminding them of me.

I have my thesis to write and a few internship programs to look at, but I can foresee how they will give way to anxiety in two months.

In the mean time I have a question: do you guys update your resume if suddenly you have something just comes in that is worth 'flaunting' to adcoms? I might have one or two by the middle of January and do not want to bug them by every little 'good' news. Suppose a school deadline is December 15, is it too late in the game to update your resume with them on January 15? And who is it should I send it to? Potential advisor or graduate program coordinator/ admissions coordinator???

Thanks a lot

Sweet! Most my essays are done and I had my credit card in hand to pay application fees when it wouldn't allow me to because I'm still waiting on my last LOR!!!!!

First ones are due Wednesday. I've subtly reminded this last professor Friday but I still haven't heard back. I also don't have as smooth a relationship with this final professor...but is a phone call warranted tomorrow or do i wait one more day if I don't hear back? I heard from this person as recently as 8 days ago pertaining to them being cool with submitting online.

Sweet! Most my essays are done and I had my credit card in hand to pay application fees when it wouldn't allow me to because I'm still waiting on my last LOR!!!!!

you don't really have to wait till the last LoR is turn in to submit the application (and pay the fee). your application is considered 'processable' if they see that you've paid the charges. the sooner you pay the fee and turn in the application, the earlier a file of your name (for admission review purpose) will be created. you can always come back to see if the last LoR has been submitted. but of course it's a huge relief, if everything gets in by the deadline.

Everything is *technically* done on my end as far as apps go for me. Three of my six apps are IN and waiting for one more recommender to send in his letters. The other three have February deadlines and, as a result, I'm waiting til my fall grades post before I send off those applications...but they're all filled out and ready to go, save for any drastic changes in my GPA.

Won't hear back til March at the earliest. YUCK!

I'm all done with all three of my apps. Submitted my final app and mailed out hard copy material yesterday. One of the LORs just got in the recs for a Dec 1 deadline, cutting it close, but now I am completely done. Now I get to obsessively check the status pages. My goal is to try to not be as neurotic about checking as I was last year. I think I can do that :)

I have a week until I must survive my two largest finals in one day. This either means, I won't check the status of my applications for a week or I will obcess over them rather than studying. While I would hope for the first, I expect the latter will reign. lol.

Sadly the above seems to be true...I turned in my apps a month or more before deadlines and thought I would hear sooner, but it seems like that isn't the case. I am still hoping for the later deadlines (january) I may hear a week or so before based on the results page, but not more than that!

last year I heard in December (because I applied to UK schools), not so lucky this year :(

It seems I have a copycat *gasp*!

And Buhkaran - thanks. I sent her a desperate email that got the recommendation for the one school with the Dec 1st deadline, but I still lack the other six. Next deadline is the 7th... yikes.