Already waiting for fall 2011!

laurend

sent my applications in a month ago, waiting for one prof to send a LOR to 4 of the schools, inexplicably he sent 2 letters electronically about 3 weeks ago and then lost his enthusiasm, claimed he would do it last week but I'm still waiting ... so frustrating!

feeling really negative, am convinced I wont be accepted anywhere. already thinking of ways to improve my application for next year....

wish I could sleep until february!! the suspense is the worst!!

sent my applications in a month ago, waiting for one prof to send a LOR to 4 of the schools, inexplicably he sent 2 letters electronically about 3 weeks ago and then lost his enthusiasm, claimed he would do it last week but I'm still waiting ... so frustrating!

feeling really negative, am convinced I wont be accepted anywhere. already thinking of ways to improve my application for next year....

wish I could sleep until february!! the suspense is the worst!!

On the same boat now. My professor promised again and again that she would turn in everything yesterday and now she keep disappearing from me......

On the same boat now. My professor promised again and again that she would turn in everything yesterday and now she keep disappearing from me......

dude, i've gone through this too. every morning you wake up, you're like 'this will be the day when my app will be complete!' but no dice rolls, and you come home with shattered heart :(

same thing the next day, and the next, and so on.

one of my prof kept pushing it until i got sick of it and told him that the university where he got his phd (am applying there) was going to do a first-round review of the applications within a week. a couple of days later, all my LoRs were in! :D

dude, i've gone through this too. every morning you wake up, you're like 'this will be the day when my app will be complete!' but no dice rolls, and you come home with shattered heart :(

same thing the next day, and the next, and so on.

one of my prof kept pushing it until i got sick of it and told him that the university where he got his phd (am applying there) was going to do a first-round review of the applications within a week. a couple of days later, all my LoRs were in! :D

Gosh exactly! haha

Maybe I should do something extreme: I will let her know either she turns in the letter for me or I'm not handing in my RA work hahahahaha

Edited by RDX

Great news!! My profs submitted the rest of my LORs and now I'm officially done with all of my applications!! There's hope for you, too! tongue.gif

Has anyone heard anything from Columbia about their application getting sent on to the program/department? Three weeks ago they said they would notify when my application got forwarded on to the department, but I haven't heard anything.

Has anyone heard anything from Columbia about their application getting sent on to the program/department? Three weeks ago they said they would notify when my application got forwarded on to the department, but I haven't heard anything.

I'm applying for history and they told me they only started compiling materials THIS week (yes, THIS week) and I need to wait another week before they will even know whether they get everything

I'm applying for history and they told me they only started compiling materials THIS week (yes, THIS week) and I need to wait another week before they will even know whether they get everything

You guys have someone to share stuff with.. I have none!! This (and most other forums) seem to have very few Plant people, and it's a rarity to find folks who are applying to same schools.

I am almost like a one man band man! :(

thanks for the update RDX!

Edited by synbio

You guys have someone to share stuff with.. I have none!! This (and most other forums) seem to have very few Plant people, and it's a rarity to find folks who are applying to same schools.

I am almost like a one man band man! :(

Haha no worries la this probably means less competition tho....

My program's like a bunch of people competing for ONE offer.. OMFG..

Hey, I'm applying for poli sci, and despite telling me it'd be "this week" each of the last three weeks, I haven't seen any change.

I'm waiting too. I am specifically waiting for one Prof to send in a LOR which I requested 10/15. I followed-up and she assures me that she'll get it in, but I just don't like having to wait to have the app complete. I just want to make sure it's together and then let fate take over. Ugh. I'm only applying to one program because moving for a PhD program is not an option for me with a couple kidlets and a husband. I already have a good paying job, but just not one that satisfies my soul.

Awww yeah. Princeton, UPenn, Columbia, and NYU IFA are out the door. I still have Yale and UDel to submit after term papers/finals, but it's a minimum of additional paperwork after these big four. I sent everything for my Masters so early that I missed the opportunity to add a significant scholarship and my senior thesis title, so I sort of left things for the last minute this time around. Good thing too, because I didn't realize some things until a week or two ago about the dissertation I want to write. In some ways I just threw them out to get them out of my head.

I'm at the point now where I don't even care anymore, I just want to get accepted, or not, and move on from there!

But I'll be commiserating on TheGradCafe until April 15, I'm sure...