Already waiting for fall 2011!

laurend

On 12/13/2010 at 7:30 AM, neuro enthusiast said:

where did you apply? what do you want to research?

I applied to Northwestern NUIN, University of Chicago, Johns Hopkins, Washington University in St. Louis (WashU), and then for safeties I applied to UICs Graduate Education in Medical Science program along with Loyola University Chicago's neurobiology program (it's apparent I want to stay in the Chicago area, huh? haha!). I'm interested in studying the development of the brain and what goes wrong for neurodevelopmental disorders as well as understanding plasticity in the brain in general (too interesting!). As of right now I'm just praying that someone out there wants me next year!! haha.

Just wanted to see if there is anyone else out there who is already waiting to hear about fall 2011! Obviously it will be a while, but should start hearing in weeks (sure 4-5 weeks), but still weeks for interviews. That is for my field (Neuroscience) at least. I hate this part!

Waiting is the worst!

I hate waiting! My deadline hasnt even closed yet (January 31st) and its the worst!!!!!!

Congrats on the interviews to those who have them thus far!!

What I am asking is when were the deadlines for the programs in which you are applying and interviewing.

I guess I was thinking don't get excited until after the holidays.

Michigan's was December 1st, that I know.

Edited by A. sesquipedale

I'm envious! Those must be the most efficient departments in existence. BU sent me the "application has been sent to the department" email. but with the clause "it will take 2 weeks to match credentials with application materials." George Mason doesn't even do interviews, but sent me the same kind of email with the clause, "You will be notified of a decision within 4-6 weeks."

has anyone heard from biomedical/biology programs yet?

im rlly excited to hear about people getting invitations for interviews and nervous about rejections

Microbiology/Immunology

Applied:

Univ Washington, Boston U, UCSD, Tufts, Harvard, UC Irvine, Stanford, Yale, Emory, Univ of Chicago

Interview:

None so far ><

Accepted:

None so far ><

FYI....update for those applying to Columbia...I JUST received an email today stating that my application (that I submitted exactly one month ago) is complete and has been forwarded on to my department (biomedical engineering).

Edited by synbio

not sure if i'm posting in the right thread, but I know that the university of Washington's neuro program has already chosen 40 candidates for interviews

Oiy! I didn't apply there, but I wish other programs were moving this fast!

im rlly excited to hear about people getting invitations for interviews and nervous about rejections

Microbiology/Immunology

Applied:

Univ Washington, Boston U, UCSD, Tufts, Harvard, UC Irvine, Stanford, Yale, Emory, Univ of Chicago

Interview:

None so far ><

Accepted:

None so far ><

I applied Biomedical Sciences and heard from Harvard earlier this week and UCSF today. GOOD LUCK!

I am in the same boat, Microbiology/Immunology. Haven't heard anything yet, nervously waiting :unsure:

Microbiology/Immunology

Applied:

Interview:

None so far ><

Accepted:

None so far ><

Officially have 3 applications under review, and only 3 more to submit. All my letters of rec and GRE scores have been received. Just have to submit my statements. I don't know if this is more stressful or more relaxing. I did in person meetings with 3 of the schools before applications and an in depth phone discussion with another. Only brief correspondance with the other two schools POIs via email.

I have received three interviews thus far for Biology/Biomedical Science: WashU (DBBS), UCSF (BMS), Cornell (Genetics and Dev)

Yet to hear from: UChicago (BSD), Harvard (OEB), NYU (BioAnth), Penn State (Genetics), UW Seattle (Genome Sciences)

Applications to be completed: CUNY (EEB), Harvard (Human Evolution)

I don't expect to hear from Penn State for awhile since their deadline (Jan. 15) hasn't even passed yet. I am getting a little anxious about UChicago, though, since they had one of the earliest deadlines (Dec. 1st). Has anyone else heard from UChicago for biology?

On 12/24/2010 at 1:47 PM, ratrrs said:

I have received three interviews thus far for Biology/Biomedical Science: WashU (DBBS), UCSF (BMS), Cornell (Genetics and Dev)

way to go!! what were the deadlines for these?

I don't expect to hear from Penn State for awhile since their deadline (Jan. 15) hasn't even passed yet. I am getting a little anxious about UChicago, though, since they had one of the earliest deadlines (Dec. 1st). Has anyone else heard from UChicago for biology?

didn't apply here, and my field is different. but a school with Dec 1 deadline contacted me last week and invited for interview. another school with a rolling review process (although their hard deadline is Jan 15) also accepted me last week. some schools are sluggish though.. one school (my safety) told me that they were looking at my application about 2 weeks ago, but haven't heard from them yet. so, have been tenting my fingers mr burns style during the wait. perhaps you should too :P

FYI....update for those applying to Columbia...I JUST received an email today stating that my application (that I submitted exactly one month ago) is complete and has been forwarded on to my department (biomedical engineering).

Same here, but I have submitted almost 2 months ago..... Columbia is slow..

@bhikhaari

The deadline for WashU was December 1st and for UCSF it was December 3rd. For Cornell, it was December 8th. Perhaps UChicago is slow (at least I hope!!)... Good luck on hearing from your apps!