Michigan

Penn State

Vanderbilt

Indiana Bloomington

Brown

WUSTL

Renaissance Lit/Shakespeare/Women and Gender

Good luck everyone!

Looks like we'll be in competition at Vanderbilt. I'm also Early Modern/Shakespeare, with an emphasis on Renaissance pedagogy and scenes of education (hence the appeal of Vanderbilt. Lynn Enterline has been doing some awesome work in Renaissance pedagogy recently).

Besides Vanderbilt, I'm applying to:

UCLA

UMD

SUNY Buffalo

U of Virginia

U of Delaware

U of Florida

WUSTL

U of Rochester

and

Rutgers

Good luck everyone!

Yay more Renaissance people! I love Lynn Enterline's work. She also does some stuff with gender so she's one of the professors I'd like to work with at Vanderbilt. I seriously considered applying to UCLA, WashU, and Rutgers as well as the ridiculously long list I have going, so I'm surprised we don't have more overlapping schools!

UNC-Greensboro, although not as prestigious a program, has two AMAZING Renaissance scholars working in gender theory - Dr. Jen Feather and Dr. Michelle Dowd. Both have important books scheduled for release this year. Deadline for their program is January 2; might be worth a look.

Hi everyone. I've been lurking around the forums for a while, trying (but mostly failing) to assuage all my feelings of panic and confusion regarding the application process. I have learned a lot from everyone though. :)

Stanford

Duke

Berkeley

JHU

Northwestern

Michigan

Chicago

Cornell

Brown

WashU

Vanderbilt

Interests: Romanticism (mostly British, but some Continental)/historicism/postmodernism... And all sorts of other -isms. Yeah...

Good luck all!

Hi all!

I'm applying to both Creative Writing AND Literature PhDs.

LIT

WUSTL

Univ. of Texas-Austin

Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison

Univ. of Michigan--Ann Arbor

Penn

Cornell

Late 19th-Early 20th Century with an emphasis on transatlantic view/representations of science, literature, and gender/women

CRW

Ohio Univ.

USC

FSU

Univ. of Illinois--Chicago

Univ. of Missouri (maybe)

Good luck to everyone!