What's the story behind your avatar or username?

katerific

My great great (?) uncle was the first person to successfully shoot down a zeppelin in WWI (using hand-held bombs thrown from a biplane). His name was Rex.

I like the story so I made it my name  :)

avatar is a pinch pot by potter Joyce Michaud, <love love love wood-fire ceramics

Nadimishka is a nickname I picked up in Russian class. My name was Nadiegda, and one of the first things I brought to class was a jar of "myod", which is honey. Honey led to a discussion of Winnie the Pooh, and someone said honey bear- "mishka" is bear, so nadimishka (Nadi bear) I became.

My avatar.... I love King Julien. He is one of my most favorite animated characters ever, and I like to think this lemur is channeling its inner diva. Even super awesome dancing lemurs like to rest every once in a while.

In high school I hung out with the art boys. The art boys played Halo, and I wanted to fit in, so I tagged along to their 13-hr LAN marathons. I realized if I was going to get them to refer to me as something other than "girlie-tron," I needed a gamer tag. The art boys gave me a list of prefixes and a list of suffixes, and "pyrocide" was the result. It's an older name, had it for the last 8-9 years or so now. It was even my email in college. 

My avatar is a cup I made.