Anthropology 2011

a fragrant plant

looks like a wave of UChicago rejections went out

I was one of them. I also finally got the rejection from berkeley.What a sad day. The dream remains a dream- perhaps never unachieved. Congratulations to those who got in!

Wow. I can't believe Stanford blew their own deadline (for which they posted a huge red announcement). Sheesh.

From https://www.stanford.../web/?q=node/11

Graduate Admissions season for applications received in 2010 - 2011 academic year is now closed. Decision status will be announced via email to each applicant before 28 February 2011. Applicants offered admission must accept the offer by 15 April 2011. Offers not accepted by 15 April 2011 are voided.

So, anyone hear anything yet?

Argh. I got the Berkeley rejection email a few days ago. I guess my theory about rejections all going out the same is wrong. Nonetheless, I'm still hopeful for Chicago.

Got the Berkeley rejection today (email with link to application).

No email from Chicago yet... I'm patiently waiting.

Wow. I can't believe Stanford blew their own deadline (for which they posted a huge red announcement). Sheesh.

Stanford is driving me crazy.

Got my Berkeley rejection, which sucks since they were my alma mater. Got into Chicago, which is awesome since they are my favorite outside of my state, but I want to stay in California.

I repeat, Stanford is driving me crazy.

haha, persian doc made me feel sane ;)

I kind of miss persiandoc! Reading your stressed-out posts became one of my favorite pastimes in the post-application season, if you don't mind :)

Evolutionary people - some acceptances have been sent out for Duke. I don't know how many are yet to go out - think it may depend on your POI. I'm not holding out much hope :(

Yikes, this isn't overly encouraging (especially since I haven't heard a peep from Duke since their barrage of emails earlier this season). I take it this information is coming from the DGS of the department? I haven't seen any updates on the results board yet, so a part of me is hoping that they're still in the process of sending out the majority of the acceptances and that I'll hear very soon. I don't want to give up yet, so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that some good news comes our way today. unsure.gif

Just got the rejection letter from Harvard - not a big surprise, but it's never fun to get rejected.

Still, as it's not my top choice out of the four, I'm not as miffed as could be expected. Staying positive. :)

Have fun if you got in!

Yea. Me too. In between attempting to work on my thesis, I obsessively check my e-mail and grad cafe ever 20 min. Clearly I have yet to be productive since I submitted my apps.

Everytime my mail application dings i think its the email from Chicago. This is killing me.

Application anxiety-induced academic paralysis.

Yea. Me too. In between attempting to work on my thesis, I obsessively check my e-mail and grad cafe ever 20 min. Clearly I have yet to be productive since I submitted my apps.

Hey mate, HAHAHAHA!

Thanks for enjoying my stressed-out posts as your favorite passtime! You're so cute for God's sake,

I just got my rejection from Yale. I'm happy (believe it or not) because I had already made my decision to get in NYU and I was not sure how to turn down my potential acceptance since it was always my first choice and I'd conveyed my ardor to my POI at Yale. I kinda felt this ethical encumbrance not to turn down Yale for NYU,

Thanks the forces of nature I didn't get in Yale. I now only wait for JHU. However, I think I'm all set now. Let's get headed into NYU

I kind of miss persiandoc! Reading your stressed-out posts became one of my favorite pastimes in the post-application season, if you don't mind :)

That is too kind of you! HOhohoho!

I think we should have an urgent final meeting now. (LOL), Which inferno have you chosen after all? I think I only got one acceptance with handful of waitlists. I've also been waitlisted by Harvard too. The Ivy is kinda into waitlisting me and that's the biggest favor they can give to an anxiety-stricken Persian doctor (hahahaha)

the conclusion of 2011 application season in my words: the biggest mistakes: to apply to Brown, UPenn, Michigan. The pity: not to apply to Duke, UNC, CH and BU. OMG: acceptance from NYU, waitlisted by Columbia. No way: rejected by Yale, waitlisted by CUNY. SO SO: waitlisted by Harvard and Princeton. Go to hell: now news from JHU yet! Let's party all night long: NYU and the consortium of metropolitan area!

hey friend,

just saw your NYU admit in the NYU forum. WOW! are you gonna accept your offer? You made my day mate! I already accepted my offer. Are you interested in exchanging emails, etc? If so, private message me, Are you based in NY?

Looking forward to your post

Hi Irishscientist,

I just want to wish you the best of the bests for your Friday interview at MIT. I'll be rooting for you and don't forget you're the medanthro hero of this forum. I want you to take the revenge of all the waiting sufferers and those who have not been invited for the interview by your top-notch interview followed by a sweet acceptance,

See you in NYC or Boston,

Cheers,

Hey Persiandoc!

Congratulations on your wonderful news at NYU. I am delighted to hear that you have got the acceptance you want. That's awesome.

My interview at MIT went really well. The committee were pretty nice and positive. However, looking at the results section, it seems that a great application and interview doesn't ncesarily count for anything so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I hope either MIT or Chicago come through, otherwise it could be another year of apps....

Anyway, have a drink on me for your great success with NYU ;-)