2011 Applications

NadaJ

I got my acceptance letter today from Columbia!! Unfortunately I most likely can't afford to attend. They said they'll send a separate letter about financial aid sometime in the next couple of weeks but I'm not getting my hopes up.

yea its def not cheap. I got my award letter a week ago. Got 7000 in grants and about 4400 in work study. Even my GI Bill won't fill in the rest so I'll still be taking some loans out.

Those of you who were accepted into the USC MSW program, did your application status change (ex. forwarded for review -----> decision has been made)?

5 days after I got my acceptance letter my online status changed saying that I would receive a letter with their decision.

Hey everyone,

Quick question for anyone who has interviewed at Hunter.

How long did it take for your application status to change from "submitted" to "pending interview"? It has been 2 weeks since my interview (I didn't do to hot) and I was wondering since mine status is unchanged that it was a sign that I have been rejected and they will get back to me when they want because I am not a priority.

Thanks!!

Hey everyone,

Quick question for anyone who has interviewed at Hunter.

How long did it take for your application status to change from "submitted" to "pending interview"? It has been 2 weeks since my interview (I didn't do to hot) and I was wondering since mine status is unchanged that it was a sign that I have been rejected and they will get back to me when they want because I am not a priority.

Thanks!!

It might just be a glitch. Mine changed to "pending interview" before my interview took place.

Thanks JessicaX for once again helping me out.

There seems to be no rhym or reason for how things get done so I am trying not to think too much into it.

It might just be a glitch. Mine changed to "pending interview" before my interview took place.

Has anyone heard from Bryn Mawr yet?

Nope, and I'm running up against decision deadlines for other schools, eek. I really want to know!

Has anyone heard anything from NYU this week?

I emailed earlier this week to ask about the status of my application and got a form letter that thanked me for applying and said that the week of the deadline, they had gotten over 500 applicatioins and were still going through them. It didn't sound to me like I'd be hearing anytime soon. I haven't heard a thing from Hunter, either.

I feel your pain! I was told that I would hear by now, but still waiting.

Nope, and I'm running up against decision deadlines for other schools, eek. I really want to know!

I emailed earlier this week to ask about the status of my application and got a form letter that thanked me for applying and said that the week of the deadline, they had gotten over 500 applicatioins and were still going through them. It didn't sound to me like I'd be hearing anytime soon. I haven't heard a thing from Hunter, either.

Ahhh...was told by UCLA that decisions should be made by end of March - April 1st at the latest...still haven't heard from them...so anxious. I just need to know one way or another so I can move on and figure out where I'll be going....this waiting period is driving me crazy.

Is anyone else still waiting for UCLA? Should I just anticipate that I have been rejected since I haven't heard from them? I've called but no answer at the department and have checked my status online but it still states no decision has been made on my application...

I just received my acceptance from VCU's program via email this morning. The information (at least in comparison to other schools) was vague and not really all that exciting! Haha.

This is a higher ranked program then my #1 pick - however, its about 1/2 the cost! I guess because I was given some financial incentives at my other applied schools either in my acceptance letter or very shortly after that I was even further underwhlemed. I actually wrote back to VCU's program to ask if any money was going to be given out (i.e. scholarships, stipends, etc) and was basically told, "Nope. You can qualify for scholarships once you are a fully enrolled student." I take this as "You have to choose us, pay to come here, and then MAYBE, just maybe, we'll give you some financial assistance."

Sigh.

Decisions, decisions...

Does anyone know any information about Boston College MSW program? I just received my acceptance letter, but I don't know much about the school. The other schools that I'm comparing it with are: Columbia, NYU, and WashU. If you have any information about these schools, please share. I'm so happy to have been accepted to these schools but I just don't know which school to go to. Please help.

Thanks!

I'm still waiting as well...I applied in January though. When did you apply?

Ahhh...was told by UCLA that decisions should be made by end of March - April 1st at the latest...still haven't heard from them...so anxious. I just need to know one way or another so I can move on and figure out where I'll be going....this waiting period is driving me crazy.

Is anyone else still waiting for UCLA? Should I just anticipate that I have been rejected since I haven't heard from them? I've called but no answer at the department and have checked my status online but it still states no decision has been made on my application...

To those who have applied to Columbia for Fall 2011: have you guys heard back yet? If so, when did you submit your apps? If you haven't heard, what's your current situation? Are you juggling different schools at the moment? Have you tried contacting the office, too? Any encouraging responses from them?

I got my acceptance from Columbia on March 22. I submitted my app on the deadline (Jan 15). It was my understanding that all decisions would be out by April 1, but I also applied to the advanced standing program so it may be different for other programs. I'd call them Monday to check if I were you. Good luck!

As suspected, rejected by SFSU. It appears decisions are up. I will be mailed a letter, but I logged on to check my graduate admissions status and noticed the decision was just posted...

Is SFSU difficult to get into? Are you not surprised because you had a low GPA or something else lacking on your application?

I am really hoping to get into the program.

Is SFSU difficult to get into? Are you not surprised because you had a low GPA or something else lacking on your application?

I am really hoping to get into the program.

I did not apply to SFSU. But as far as I know it is really competitive very much. According to an academic article ranking social work schools by student slectivity, during 1990-2003 SFSU's MSW program had the number one ranking with an average admit rate of 17.4%. Anyway,no news is good news. Wish you good luck.

I did not apply to SFSU. But as far as I know it is really competitive very much. According to an academic article ranking social work schools by student slectivity, during 1990-2003 SFSU's MSW program had the number one ranking with an average admit rate of 17.4%. Anyway,no news is good news. Wish you good luck.

It is a tough program to get into and they want a lot of work experience prior to applying for the program. It has been a very well respected program for quite some time but in the last couple of years there have been a lot of interdepartmental management issues and difficulty agreeing on the direction of the program. As a result, they have been taking fewer and fewer students.

Hey,

I applied and was accepted into USC as of April 1st. Have you heard back? I don't know much about the program, any info you've got? I have to mail my decision by April 8th?!?! Which is ridiculous! How is it possible they are only giving a week?

Thanks!

Hey!

Wow, not much action around here, we all must be holding our breaths waiting for letters to arrive! I am sooo nervous. I just put in my application, WAY late. I turned it in the DAY before the deadline. I'm beyond nervous, I called and asked when we should be finding out APRIL OR MAY!!!! O.M.G I think I might have a heart attack before then.... I applied to Southern California schools- University of Southern California and Cal State Fullerton. I was wondering, does anyone know if we got our apps in earlier if we hear back earlier? I hope so! my USC has been in for almost two months! Nervous!

Anyone else apply to USC or CSUF?