University of Houston REVOKED OFFER AFTER I HAD MOVED

scrwdbyuhouston

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just googled this and came across a topic in another forum, apparently from the same person and with more detail:

http://chronicle.com...0&topic=61937.0

Boy this is interesting, the story in CHE forum is all over the place and there's all kinds of information missing from the OP here. It's really bizarre. Plus this particular person apparently has quite a history of obsessing about this and posting it anywhere you can post. We don't know the real reason but the so called revoked offer was due to a mistake that the poster made on their application, putting down the wrong track of their degree, the school found out somehow and then it all went down hill from there. It's pointless to think we'll get the full story. Plus the poster claims that they simply "misread" his application but didn't in anyway misrepresent himself/herself. If that were actually the case wouldn't any reasonable human being just take 15 seconds to look at the information in question once more and simply see that they indeed didn't read it correctly? No one gets their offer from a phD program revoked because someone misread a word or two and thought they saw one thing even though something completely different is right there in front of them in black in white, there was a process involved in tracking down the correct information. If the poster in no way misrepresented himself he would have said look at my application, you can make a phone call to my previous school and find that that's accurate. But according to the poster, they found out somehow that what was on his/her app was indeed not true. You don't get that far in a process like that without seriously misrepresenting yourself. This doesn't add up at all, especially posting in frantic caps like it just happened 5 minutes ago.

Edited by Mal83

Found this link as well: http://chronicle.com...e;topic=61897.0

Seems like the OP has some issues...has been going under various screen names defaming a certain professor. I wonder what the whole story is.

Yeah, definite issues, either it's all completely made up or the OP did something majorly wrong as an applicant for whatever school or job and simply cannot handle the consequences of her actions. According to the other chronicle thread posted in the link above, she was defaming this professor in any venue she could online, not sure if it went any farther than that, even though the Chronicle deleted her posts with the prof's name in it, there was a response that included a name, so I googled it, and it is indeed a name of a professor at the University of Houston in the economics department, but I couldn't connect any other dots. It's a very odd story indeed.

Yeah, definite issues, either it's all completely made up or the OP did something majorly wrong as an applicant for whatever school or job and simply cannot handle the consequences of her actions. According to the other chronicle thread posted in the link above, she was defaming this professor in any venue she could online, not sure if it went any farther than that, even though the Chronicle deleted her posts with the prof's name in it, there was a response that included a name, so I googled it, and it is indeed a name of a professor at the University of Houston in the economics department, but I couldn't connect any other dots. It's a very odd story indeed.

Drama I tell you! I wonder what happened to her.

Drama I tell you! I wonder what happened to her.

Who knows...probably hasn't moved on to much of anything if she's still raging about it here 2 years after the fact. It's weird and sad. Oh well.

Just an update: I DID decide to go to UH for my Ph. D. in economics. I recently visited the campus and met with professors, administrators, and students and everything seems to be legit. This could all be a facade, however, and they are all really conspiring to wait until I move down there before they revoke my funding. Only time will tell. I will keep you all posted.

OMG! OMG!

This person just posted her revoked UH offer in the results page again!!!

I'm soooooooo curious what really happened!!!!

You know I could understand still being a little bitter and genuinely wanting to warn people about some very serious wrong doing on the part of a university, but this is just nutty because nothing about her story adds up and she keeps insisting that the only reason the offer was rescinded was because someone simply misread the application, as in read the information in question one time and then never ever looked at it again and that's it, she was cut from the school. If I'm doubtful about the authenticity of information on an application I'm going to study it, show it to someone else, follow up (which is what she said the school did), and investigate. Through that whole process I think I would have realized that what I saw the first time wasn't actually what's written. Sorry, but no way. She either lied big time or made an absolutely absurd mistake that no one should make on phD application and then didn't convince them well enough that it was an honest mistake. And then she started mixing in getting fired from jobs...is this person for real? Maybe it would be a little believable if the story was consistent and complete every time she posted it, but it's not...just bits and pieces all over the place. Weird.

Plus, she came back here to post on the results page yet she's not offering any further explanation in the thread she started, she's probably reading it though.

Edited by Mal83

I doubt the University of Houston took her back, especially considering that she has left digital footprints all over the internet bashing a particular professor in the Economics department. Not only has she been bashing this professor on the Chronicle forum, but she has been posting this incident in many other places. I'm sure this department has been made aware of what this woman is doing online, especially given how unique this case is.

For her to come back to the forum and post an acceptance is downright crazy. I'm sure her spot was not given back to her, but given to someone else smart enough to put their correct school in the application. Or better yet, her spot was given to someone who didn't feel the need to lie to get a position. If the Econ department really had thought she put the wrong school down by mistake, they wouldn't have completely rescinded her acceptance like that. I'm sure she didn't put the wrong school down only once in her application...perhaps she also put this school down in her personal statement as well, maybe also pretending to have worked with professors from the school. Whatever she did was more serious than just merely putting the wrong school down, say, in the educational history section of the application. She repeatedly used the wrong institution throughout the application.

She should be ashamed for trying to collect sympathy on this forum and many others. Downright shameful. I hope she is reading this.

Edited by ZeeMore21

Just an update: I DID decide to go to UH for my Ph. D. in economics. I recently visited the campus and met with professors, administrators, and students and everything seems to be legit. This could all be a facade, however, and they are all really conspiring to wait until I move down there before they revoke my funding. Only time will tell. I will keep you all posted.

jblsmith---If they DO end up revoking your funding due to a misreading of your application, be sure that you post your obsessive rant in a different font so we don't get you mixed up with the loser that keeps posting on this site.

I'll bet the Econ department at the University of Houston is giving each other high fives for dodging this bullet.

Hahahahaha! :lol:

Doubtful that any other school is clambering to offer admission. Can you just imagine someone this unstable trying to fix this country's economy? (Hey, on second thought...)

• 3 weeks later...

The OP just posted on the result page that a professor lied about writing her a recommendation. Apparently this is about something that happened 5 years ago...

Just found out that the OP has been posting sooooooo many other strange things over all the internet. This is seriously amusing.

Edited by csperson

Just put in "Daniel Brou, Houston" on google and scrdbyhouseton really has it out for him on various sites...when does something like this become cyberbulling? Is there anyway to remove this poster from gradforum? I hate the fact that she is using this site as a platform for her idiotic rants and false accusations of faculty members for somehow cheating her. This is getting pretty bizarre. I wonder if the econ professors at Houston know about this woman's online rage.

Hey folks,

Found this link online apparently written by one of the professors to scrdbyhouston

http://www.xoxohth.c...c=23&forum_id=2

Thought this might be interesting. And it seems like the poster has even harassed this professor's family, which is why he took it upon himself to finally respond to her accusations.

Edited by ZeeMore21

Hey folks,

Found this link online apparently written by one of the professors to scrdbyhouston

http://www.xoxohth.c...c=23&forum_id=2

Thought this might be interesting. And it seems like the poster has even harassed this professor's family, which is why he took it upon himself to finally respond to her accusations.

Did the OP post the stuff on the above link? I thought she wanted to be anonymous. Or maybe the name in the link is false.

The prof's name seems real.

Did the OP post the stuff on the above link? I thought she wanted to be anonymous. Or maybe the name in the link is false.

The prof's name seems real.

I think that is the woman's real name...the professor includes her name in his email. I'm assuming that she was posting the professor's response to her emails on an academic website. If you type in her name, you will see that others are familiar with her. Just so weird.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use