2011 Theology Application Results!!!

new mexico

A buddy in my program called HDS this morning to ask if decisions would be posted today, and they replied that they couldn't answer that, and they still weren't sure if decisions would be finalized by today. I don't know if this is to cover their bases, or if they really don't know. So it sounds like they may or may not actually be posted today at 5 est.

Wow, very helpful info for all the HDS applicants!

Tell your buddy to (1) call Yale, and see if they'll post today, and (2) call Duke Div, and ask if they've awarded scholarships yet wink.gif

Wow, very helpful info for all the HDS applicants!

Tell your buddy to (1) call Yale, and see if they'll post today, and (2) call Duke Div, and ask if they've awarded scholarships yet wink.gif

I will be so upset if they don't come out today! I've been dreading/anticipating/counting down to this day for 3 months; it will be a real letdown if we are all incorrect in our speculation!

I will be so upset if they don't come out today! I've been dreading/anticipating/counting down to this day for 3 months; it will be a real letdown if we are all incorrect in our speculation!

Agreed. I am trying to focus on paper writing, and I just keep checking.

Hang in there everyone!

Agreed. I am trying to focus on paper writing, and I just keep checking.

Hang in there everyone!

THIRDED. They have a history of having specific procedure with this, and if they vary from this, my brain might explode. Come on, HDS!!

Hello everyone!

I've been haunting this forum for the last week or so, and while I haven't done an online forum in ages and ages, I finally couldn't resist the temptation to join.

I applied to eight schools (too many, I suspect), and I'm still waiting on half of them: YDS, HDS, Notre Dame, and Duke. I see that a bunch of Duke MDivs have already heard back, but I applied for the MTS. Anyone out there who is still waiting to hear from Duke for the MTS? No idea when I should expect to hear back...

I'm also FULL of nervous anticipation about YDS and HDS. Urg! Let us know already!

Dammit! Yale called my phone, and I was at class! My wife answered and I'm trying to call back, but can't get through.

Well hopefully that doesn't mean those that didn't get a call are rejected :(

Dammit! Yale called my phone, and I was at class! My wife answered and I'm trying to call back, but can't get through.

Oh no! That's horrible! I know it's making you crazy!

I just got a notice of acceptance to Notre Dame MTS in Moral Theology. I also applied to Duke Divinity MTS, but have not heard from them. Just FYI for everyone anxiously waiting out there.

Did you get it through snail mail or email?

And more importantly, congrats and thank you for letting us know :) !

Edited by xsjsx

Did you get it through snail mail or email?

And more importantly, congrats and thank you for letting us know :) !

Thanks! I don't know what snail mail means unfortunately. Cheron Price sent an email to my gmail account that contained a letter from the head of the Department. I hope that helps.

So Yale is making phone calls... anyone hear from Harvard yet??

Not necessarily true (for offers of admission). It could be for big scholarships or someone needed to discuss his financial aid app or something similar. Until we get notice that he gets through and is offered a spot, I'd hold back speculation.

Not necessarily true (for offers of admission). It could be for big scholarships or someone needed to discuss his financial aid app or something similar. Until we get notice that he gets through and is offered a spot, I'd hold back speculation.

True enough... Maybe it's just watching the forums all day has made me edgy. :)

You're totally right, we shouldn't make assumptions-- it ain't over until you have that letter in your hand (or inbox)! GOOD LUCK everyone!!