It Has Begun

BadgerHopeful

My POI from Central Michigan wants me to call him sometime to talk about my research interests and his ideas on them. The committee meets next week, so I'd like to get my call in before then. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing, and if so, do you have any advice for me? I'm so nervous about this...

Just got accepted to Brown and rejected from Princeton. Got accepted to UCI for Latin American history. Waiting for UT...

For the lucky happy people who got admitted to Princeton (and I know you've probably already posted it before..) what are your areas of study? Did any Latin Americanists get accepted to Princeton?

barricades is a latin americanist and got into princeton, i believe.

Just got accepted to Brown and rejected from Princeton. Got accepted to UCI for Latin American history. Waiting for UT...

For the lucky happy people who got admitted to Princeton (and I know you've probably already posted it before..) what are your areas of study? Did any Latin Americanists get accepted to Princeton?

- I'm officially a Europeanist, but applied through History of Science since my current research focus lies in historical geography/cartography. :D

- @infalliblekitty: Congratulations!!! Who might you be working with? Gordon Wood?

Nope. Europeanist! But I would like to look at urban, literary and intellectual exchanges between France and Brazil.

barricades is a latin americanist and got into princeton, i believe.

Edited by barricades

Re Minnesota admission, I'm legal/African American history. 18th and 19 century emphasis. Looking at past years, their acceptances have gone out over a couple days, so don't write it off yet.

If you applied to work with Kirsten Fischer then I am going to have to write it off. I will just have to wait and see. Congrats, that is a great school.

Just got into Columbia! Included stipend information and everything :) What a swing of emotions!

What sub-field are you in?

I've already emotionally given up on Phd programs for this year but it would be good to hear one way or another from Columbia sooner rather than later. I suspect I know how this one will end up, too.

- I'm officially a Europeanist, but applied through History of Science since my current research focus lies in historical geography/cartography. :D

- @infalliblekitty: Congratulations!!! Who might you be working with? Gordon Wood?

Congrats to you too on Princeton! I'm going to be working with Prof. Evelyn Hu-Dehart and possibly another professor in the Dept who does Cold War more specifically.

I got Brown's email before I got Princeton's, so that kind of cushioned the blow a bit. All you need is one, right?

Edited by infalliblekitty

"For anyone applying to UBC, the graduate secretary told me to ignore the application status on the website - she doesn't control that information. She also said decisions will be sent out sometime in March."

Agreed. It's a UBC thing - they never update the page. Don't sweat it.

Just got into Stanford! Full funding!

So so very happy! It is my first funded offer and it has been my top choice all along!

For those waiting on Stanford, it seems that decisions have been made yesterday (February, 9th), so news will start rolling soon.

Congratulations! My heart is sinking again.. and again...

So so very happy! It is my first funded offer and it has been my top choice all along!

For those waiting on Stanford, it seems that decisions have been made yesterday (February, 9th), so news will start rolling soon.

A huge congratulations, Bukharan!!!

Very happy for you Bukharan! Congrats on Stanford! With whom at Stanford you want to work with? I did not apply there.