SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

Called up MGH today to ask for a time line and she said, "probably not until mid-March."

If I can get the guts to call up some more programs I'll let you guys know.

Thanks for calling! I think a lot of schools are behind schedule this year. I heard Arizona is behind as well because of the amount of applicants this year.

the UNC app was due back on Dec. 15, which is probably why it is one of the only schools to notify students already.

Thanks for calling! I think a lot of schools are behind schedule this year. I heard Arizona is behind as well because of the amount of applicants this year.

the UNC app was due back on Dec. 15, which is probably why it is one of the only schools to notify students already.

Yep, I would agree with the early due date factor...though I'm still waiting to hear from my other Dec. 15 school (Texas). Slackers. Haha.

I think CSDCAS also tends to slow things down a bit too.

Yep, I would agree with the early due date factor...though I'm still waiting to hear from my other Dec. 15 school (Texas). Slackers. Haha.

I think CSDCAS also tends to slow things down a bit too.

Yeah- I talked to UT and they didn't even start reviewing applications until Feb 1st.

Got my first acceptance call today!! This has to be one of the best feelings ever. Taking a load off and celebrating with a few drinks. Good luck to you all!

Congrats!! Doesn't it feel really great?

Congrats! Now you can relax.

It's finally March! I hope that everyone hears some good news soon!

Thank you and in a word: YES! I told the hubby that this is the best day of my life besides our wedding lol.

I applied to Memphis. Ahhh that makes me so nervous! Do you know if it will be via email/phone call/postal service?

I'm not sure if anyone has applied to University of Memphis, but I remember reading one comment about it on here awhile back. I know that for audiology they are making final decisions this Friday, so they might be doing the same for Speech.

Waitlisted at GWU. Bleh.

Thank you for your application to the Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences at The George Washington University. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. We were extremely impressed with your qualifications.

Based on the strengths of your application, you have been placed on a hold list for individuals interested in occupying available openings within in the next few months.

If there is any additional information that you wish the admissions committee to review, I encourage you to send it me at the below contact information and I’ll happily add it to your application. Additionally, you’ll be receiving future email correspondence inquiring about your interest in remaining on our hold list and I encourage you to respond if you would like to do so.

Again, thank you for taking the time to apply to our program and the admissions committee wishes you all the best in the coming months.

Keep your chin up! Plenty of people get off the wait-list. I hope you do. You've been accepted at one place already, and I'm sure there's more good news to come. :)

Alright March, give us some good news!

Waitlisted at GWU. Bleh.

Keep your chin up! Plenty of people get off the wait-list. I hope you do. You've been accepted at one place already, and I'm sure there's more good news to come. :)

Alright March, give us some good news!

No, I've been rejected at one place already. Thanks, though.

I see people are hearing from Iowa on the results board. Anyone who has heard back want to share their stats?

I hope all the other schools send in their results this week! ah!

Agreed. My spring break plans sort of depend on whether or not I need to make a visit to Vanderbilt. The bright side of rejection is I might be going to Disneyworld instead. :D

I also got waitlisted at GW :(! Does anyone else who applied there mind sharing their stats? I thought I had a good chance-GPA:3.8, GRE: 1270 with research and volunteer experience. It's definitely better than rejection, but I just hate this waiting game!

Edited by mt988

I also got waitlisted at GW :(! Does anyone else who applied there mind sharing their stats? I thought I had a good chance-GPA:3.8, GRE: 1270 with research and volunteer experience. It's definitely better than rejection, but I just hate this waiting game!

Pretty much the same as you. 1290, high GPA. Out of field applicant, many years of research in neuroscience (working hands-on with kids), 2 years volunteering with adults.