SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

Is it just me or does getting into a program seem near impossible? The stats people are putting up, that have been accepted, are so impressive. I feel like if you don't have an amazing GPA and GRE scores, you're not getting in anywhere.

Same here. Solidarity. "Good things come to those who wait." Yes, I'm going to quote a trite saying in an attempt to make people like us feel better.

I'm just happy to hear that some people are getting in places. I was starting to think that nobody would get in anywhere.

Congratulations to everyone who has received acceptances!

As for me I am stilllll fuckingggg waitinggggg :lol:

Is it just me or does getting into a program seem near impossible? The stats people are putting up, that have been accepted, are so impressive. I feel like if you don't have an amazing GPA and GRE scores, you're not getting in anywhere.

It depends on the year. It must be impossible to get into a program (at least for me). I didn't do poorly in any of my core classes and I've been a part of research projects, taught kids, worked for a while, and babysit kids with DD.. Doesn't seem to help.

I think it just depends on location and where you apply. I have had 2 interviews so far, with okay credentials. Definitely not what other people have been posting, but I also looked on EdFind to decide where to apply. Keep your hopes up!

Ok, does everyone have an admissions decision box in ecommon for emerson? I don't have an enrollment box, so does that mean I am rejected right away or not accepted during teh first waive of admissions? These mind games are torture!!!

Congrats to everyone who made it in! If they're right about 630+ applicants this year, then you really did well to gain admission.

I wouldn't worry if you don't have an admission box. Several people have stated that Emerson is only half through reviewing applications, so if you don't have the admission box, that likely means they just haven't reviewed your application yet. I have the box but when I click on it, it says a decision is not available at this time. I'm trying to take that as meaning they added the tab to prepare to post my decision and it just needs updating, not as any sign of admission or rejection.

I hate waiting too! I'm home for Spring Break and driving my boyfriend and family crazy with my obsessiveness over hearing something. I hope we hear soon. Good luck!

My spring break is next week and I am sure my obsessiveness is going to carry over... From Grad Cafe last year it looks like people heard from UF and Alabama this week or next, so I will be checking my mailbox everyday!

I think it just depends on location and where you apply. I have had 2 interviews so far, with okay credentials. Definitely not what other people have been posting, but I also looked on EdFind to decide where to apply. Keep your hopes up!

I applied to Cincinnati and thought I had a pretty good shot, but then I saw from the results board the stats of someone who got in ("3.95 GPA, 560 V, 690 Q, 5.0 AW"). I was just shocked at how high the stats were for Cincinnati.

Ok, does everyone have an admissions decision box in ecommon for emerson? I don't have an enrollment box, so does that mean I am rejected right away or not accepted during teh first waive of admissions? These mind games are torture!!!

I have the admission box and not the enrollment box too and I was starting to fear the worst! I am trying to remain positive and it would be so much easier if I knew that everyone who had applied had the admissions decision box and they had just added the enrollment box to the first waive of people??? UGHH I don't know I tried to email the admission's office, but they didn't really have any information for me. Good luck!

Hey guys,

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted to a program and good luck to those who are waiting! I start the application process in the fall but I was just wondering if anyone applied to LSU, UGA, or Auburn? I've started looking at programs but I haven't seen anyone on this site mention any of these schools. I was just curious to see if anyone knew anything about these programs/want to attend these schools!

I go to UF currently and from what I have heard they should be sending them out this week. Have you heard anything from UTK? I am too scared to call any schools because I don't wanna bother them.

My spring break is next week and I am sure my obsessiveness is going to carry over... From Grad Cafe last year it looks like people heard from UF and Alabama this week or next, so I will be checking my mailbox everyday!

Edited by katiekg

I think it depends a lot on the school people are applying for. If you look at the USNEWS rankings, schools in the top 25 are going to have higher student stats than other schools. Obviously rankings aren't everything, but I am sure students with higher stats are more likely to apply to higher ranked schools. However, my friend had average stats and got accepted to UT-Dallas (in the top 25), so I am sure it also depends on the other students applying to the same school. WHO KNOWS!

Has anyone harassed any of the schools in Texas to find out if we should be hearing anything soon?

I'm not sure which Texas schools you applied to, but I know a few people who heard back from UT-Dallas. They did rolling admissions so two of my classmates heard back in January! The other mid-February...

Edited by SLP_419

I think it depends a lot on the school people are applying for. If you look at the USNEWS rankings, schools in the top 25 are going to have higher student stats than other schools. Obviously rankings aren't everything, but I am sure students with higher stats are more likely to apply to higher ranked schools. However, my friend had average stats and got accepted to UT-Dallas (in the top 25), so I am sure it also depends on the other students applying to the same school. WHO KNOWS!

I applied to a few schools out of the top 25 and haven't heard back, but saw on the results board they've sent out acceptance emails. Guess we'll see ..

Okay, so on my Emerson eCommon account, when I go to Submit Your Enrollment Deposit, that page says "Congrats, you're in!" but the Admission Decision tab says nothing. I wonder if this is an admission decision from the department that just didn't get sent to the other tab... or if maybe the graduate school accepted me and the department hasn't decided... or if it's just a generic greeting on everyone's account. I'd love for it to be the first but I haven't gotten anything through the mail or my email. :-\

I haven't heard back from anyone yet. :( I saw a UConn rejection on the results page so I'm getting frantic!

Okay, so on my Emerson eCommon account, when I go to Submit Your Enrollment Deposit, that page says "Congrats, you're in!" but the Admission Decision tab says nothing. I wonder if this is an admission decision from the department that just didn't get sent to the other tab... or if maybe the graduate school accepted me and the department hasn't decided... or if it's just a generic greeting on everyone's account. I'd love for it to be the first but I haven't gotten anything through the mail or my email. :-\

I haven't heard back from anyone yet. :( I saw a UConn rejection on the results page so I'm getting frantic!

Not everyone has it. I called today to ask about it, and was told we'd have to wait for the letter in the mail, but it sounds like they're coming soon.