Fall 2024 Applicants

screwdriverfemme

Hi everybody, I'm seeing some people get interview requests with programs I applied to and am freaking out a little since I still haven't heard anything. Does anyone know if departments typically make a list of all the people they want to interview and send emails out at once, or is it possible that faculty are still meeting day by day and gradually sending out interview requests?

26 minutes ago, latinboy said:

Hi everybody, I'm seeing some people get interview requests with programs I applied to and am freaking out a little since I still haven't heard anything. Does anyone know if departments typically make a list of all the people they want to interview and send emails out at once, or is it possible that faculty are still meeting day by day and gradually sending out interview requests?

Pretty sure it's the latter. It's not over until it's over! 

16 hours ago, screwdriverfemme said:

Got offered a Zoom interview with BU! My first contact is from my latest-deadline program, lol ... hopefully they're just particularly on top of it, and it's not a bad sign for those earlier-deadline programs.

Wondering if anyone has heard anything from UCLA, Harvard, or University of Washington?

Congrats on the interview invite! Best of luck! 🤞🤞

On 1/24/2024 at 12:37 AM, Immie said:

Hey, has anyone heard anything from Yale classics yet? 

I can confirm Yale Classics has sent out all interview requests (interviews are being conducted in-person this year). Not sure though if you applied through a different department (eg History or Philosophy) or had your application moved to go through a different department (you likely would have been notified by now if this was the case, but I'm not positive).

Edited by heseemstome

7 hours ago, latinboy said:

In my experience, departments typically make shortlists and then send out all the requests for interviews. It's not impossible that it is done on a more rolling basis for some schools though.

53 minutes ago, heseemstome said:

I can confirm Yale Classics has sent out all interview requests (interviews are being conducted in-person this year). Not sure though if you applied through a different department (eg History or Philosophy) or had your application moved to go through a different department (you likely would have been notified by now if this was the case, but I'm not positive).

Did those with in-person interviews do a Zoom one earlier? I applied through History and did a Zoom one but now am wondering if that was a pre-screening and no in-person interview suggests rejection.

1 hour ago, confusedmedievalist said:

Did those with in-person interviews do a Zoom one earlier? I applied through History and did a Zoom one but now am wondering if that was a pre-screening and no in-person interview suggests rejection.

As far as I know History only does Zoom interviews (no in-person interview after that) so I wouldn't worry!

18 hours ago, confusedmedievalist said:

I'm not sure about History, but in case this is useful, assuming they didn't change for this year, I know these Classics programs only do interviews on Zoom, not in-person: Notre Dame, USC, UChicago, Cornell, and Princeton.

On 1/26/2024 at 12:31 AM, heseemstome said:

Are you sure about the in-person part? What about international candidates?

On 1/24/2024 at 3:03 PM, AStark said:

I'm so sorry @canyoudigit, but don't lose hope! There are still other possibilities, so fingers crossed!

@Immie I also haven't heard from Yale yet (although I definitely don't have hopes with it).

The only ones that I heard were WashU (got in) and UT at Austin (invited to visit the campus). So just to make sure, this visit to campus does not yet mean that I was accepeted into the program, right?

Congratulations on WashU and UT Austin! Did you hear anything back from Cornell?

Anyone heard anything from IPCAA or NELC at Chicago? I haven’t seen interview requests from them on the forums or the results page at least in archaeology. I’m going a little crazy 🙈 seems like they would have already sent requests out compared to years prior. But AAMW was a bit late this year so maybe everyone is taking their time?

2 hours ago, PhdtoDig said:

Anyone heard anything from IPCAA or NELC at Chicago? I haven’t seen interview requests from them on the forums or the results page at least in archaeology. I’m going a little crazy 🙈 seems like they would have already sent requests out compared to years prior. But AAMW was a bit late this year so maybe everyone is taking their time?

Hey - did AAMW send interview requests? I haven't applied, but would like to know :)

I think that I saw somewhere that IPCAA sent some interviews, don't hold my word...

Acceptance from UWashington! No funding … yet. The email said I was high on the waitlist for it, so there’s a potential for that to change. Trying to look on the bright side, which is that they’re interested; especially after hearing absolutely nothing from my three reach apps, it’s kind of a downer to get an acceptance without funding from one of my two more “reasonable-range” options. (On the other hand, I haven’t heard of anyone hearing anything from any of my reach apps yet, so??)

18 hours ago, Immie said:

Congratulations on WashU and UT Austin! Did you hear anything back from Cornell?

Thank you!! And no, I still haven’t hear back from Cornell - I’m starting to get hopeless with it, honestly 

1 hour ago, AStark said:

Thank you!! And no, I still haven’t hear back from Cornell - I’m starting to get hopeless with it, honestly 

I don’t think you should be! This just means they haven’t made the final decisions yet. They will most likely publish them all at once, I guess - so no need to get hopeless! 

On 1/28/2024 at 7:59 AM, AStark said:

Hey I also haven’t heard back from Cornell and they said that it might take two weeks to get info out, so it’s probably not out yet 🙂 

Does UChicago do interviews for NELC archaeology track? I cant find anyone saying they got an interview requests unless it was with the classics department. I have only seen past people say they were accepted to NELC but nothing about interview requests. 

42 minutes ago, PhdtoDig said:

Does UChicago do interviews for NELC archaeology track? I cant find anyone saying they got an interview requests unless it was with the classics department. I have only seen past people say they were accepted to NELC but nothing about interview requests. 

No idea.  I applied for the Ancient Mediterranean World track of the Classics program.

Edited by canyoudigit