SSHRC CGS-D & Doctoral Fellowships 2024-2025

thejorts

1 hour ago, QuantumQuill said:

I was committee 2 and got it with a 9.77!

This is really good to know, thank you. I scored a 9.36 last year and am confident my application was stronger this year--I guess we'll see!

20 minutes ago, JB9797 said:

Thanks for sharing this! I definitely do not have two different sets of documents, I've just received the zip file and two additional PDFs (Notice Decision and Notice Award), only mentioning CGS-D. Although from reading previous posts of years before, it seems that SSHRC just moves you to the SSHRC doctoral fellowship. It makes sense you'd automatically get it as CGS-D is considered higher grade.

They may also perhaps be waiting for info. from the gov't as this year, 2024-2025, everyone should just be getting $40K, no matter the award.

I had that thought. Either way, I'm less nervous now that I'm getting nothing. Still annoying though...

Did anyone get ranking criteria on their letters (offered or otherwise)? Last year they had it under the application results rubric. Just curious.

35 minutes ago, thestressedone said:

What time did you guys start getting your results yesterday? The wait is killing me

I think the first results post was around 8pm EST

1 hour ago, ssnerd said:

Does everyone with above a 10 score have publications? Feeling pretty nervous at the moment & hoping that my lack of publications won’t completely curb my chances. 🤞🏼🥺

I went into my app with no publications and got the CGS-D this year! I wouldn't count yourself out yet! 

9 minutes ago, JB9797 said:

By the way: NDP just announced they'll support the budget in the vote today. So, the funding increases as well as number of awards will go through (total, they will offer 1750 more awards it seems).

Will the increased number of awards apply for this year too? Does it mean that we may see some additional offers made later on?

I'm really shocked seeing how much higher the cutoff is this year, especially for group 3 😕 if anything kind of expected them to be similar to last year, I'm really curious why it ended up being so much higher

Sorry for being a broken record, but has anyone in a foreign institution received the CGS-D? I've read previous forums and they all said SSHRC eventually just switched them to the SSHRC award. Just making sure this will be the same procedure this year too--very antsy about this as my extranet only says CGS-D while my application was clear I'm at a foreign institution (applied directly as well).

Also, is it correct to assume that the only other difference, aside from geographic eligibility, between CGS-D and SSHRC is where you ranked in the other applications?

31 minutes ago, shsheen said:

Will the increased number of awards apply for this year too? Does it mean that we may see some additional offers made later on?

The budget says "beginning in the 2024-2025 year"...if it's correct even the May 2024 start dates for awards are in the 2024-2025 year, then this seems to be the case. I imagine there will be some internal scrambling to adjust to the new rules though, so may take a couple weeks.

4 minutes ago, JB9797 said:

The budget says "beginning in the 2024-2025 year"...if it's correct even the May 2024 start dates for awards are in the 2024-2025 year, then this seems to be the case. I imagine there will be some internal scrambling to adjust to the new rules though, so may take a couple weeks.

Not to burst anyone's bubble but the current competition is the 2023-2024 one. Funding starts in 2024 but it's actually the 2023-2024 comp.

Thus, from my understanding, we won't necessarily be impacted. There are some discussions, but nothing too certain and I would not count on it.

2 minutes ago, ssnerd said:

Broken record again (sorry) but has anyone L-Z heard anything at all? Unsure what to do with myself LOL

Also, nothing here...

1 minute ago, thestressedone said:

Not to burst anyone's bubble but the current competition is the 2023-2024 one. Funding starts in 2024 but it's actually the 2023-2024 comp.

Thus, from my understanding, we won't necessarily be impacted. There are some discussions, but nothing too certain and I would not count on it.

Also, nothing here...

Ah that makes sense. Good to have some realistic expectations...

Hopefully that at least means that if we don't get the award this year, we will have a much better chance next year.

9 minutes ago, thestressedone said:

Also, nothing here...

That's what I thought, but for example UoT calls it the 2024-2025 competition (where the deadline was autumn 2023): https://www.dlsph.utoronto.ca/students/current-students/student-awards-funding-opportunities/2024-2025-cgs-doctoral-cihr-nserc-sshrc-competition/

47 minutes ago, ssnerd said:

Broken record again (sorry) but has anyone L-Z heard anything at all? Unsure what to do with myself LOL

Nothing here either, last name M and committee 5 :( 

11 minutes ago, artyphd said:

Found out my results. Last name L, Committee 1. 

Received SSHRC!

Score was 9.92/12

Congrats!!! Did you get the email from SSHRC or your school?