University of Washington

I, as I usually am wont to do, spoke to soon. I just got an offer for funding at the master's level. I'm completely blown away, I thought it was impossible. It's for less than 14k a year, which is not much for Seattle, but still, I'm thrilled.

Congrats! Question-- did you get the funding info by mail (a second letter) or by e-mail? So far I've gotten the first letter, a letter from grad admissions, and a packet from registrar's but nothing related to funding.

Congrats! Question-- did you get the funding info by mail (a second letter) or by e-mail? So far I've gotten the first letter, a letter from grad admissions, and a packet from registrar's but nothing related to funding.

I got letters by mail generically accepting me last week, as well as the registrar's stuff this weekend, and then I got the informal email today about funding. They said there was still info on its way via postal mail. I still haven't gotten that, I only just got the email. It seems like they send a lot of stuff, and separately at that.

I, as I usually am wont to do, spoke to soon. I just got an offer for funding at the master's level. I'm completely blown away, I thought it was impossible. It's for less than 14k a year, which is not much for Seattle, but still, I'm thrilled.

Congratulations. Are you accepting the offer?

Got my rejection email. Really relieved just to know. Not a good fit. There's really only one person sort of doing research that fits my work. Applied more for the location. Good luck to everyone waiting and accepted!

Got my rejection email. Really relieved just to know. Not a good fit. There's really only one person sort of doing research that fits my work. Applied more for the location. Good luck to everyone waiting and accepted!

Hey, just got mine too. Relieved to know too. Good luck to all!

I got letters by mail generically accepting me last week, as well as the registrar's stuff this weekend, and then I got the informal email today about funding. They said there was still info on its way via postal mail. I still haven't gotten that, I only just got the email. It seems like they send a lot of stuff, and separately at that.

Would you contact them now if you were me RE funding? I was notified of acceptance (PhD) on Saturday.

Would you contact them now if you were me RE funding? I was notified of acceptance (PhD) on Saturday.

I sent the DGS a note with some questions, and he replied quickly and was very nice. I wouldn't worry, if there are things you want to know, then just ask . . .they understand that we all have decisions to make. PM me if you have any other questions . . .

I sent the DGS a note with some questions, and he replied quickly and was very nice. I wouldn't worry, if there are things you want to know, then just ask . . .they understand that we all have decisions to make. PM me if you have any other questions . . .

Cheers! I am probably going to let it go until after St. Patty's (a very special day of the year for my tacky family) and will then take your advice.

I'm actually not facing a decision at the moment, not really...Washington's my only acceptance at this point. If I'm in off the wait-list to Carnegie Mellon or Michigan State, then I'll have to do some quick research.

I'm just in suspense.

I'm still waiting. I'm not really expecting to get in, but hoping...I grew up in Seattle! I expect to be one of the last ones to hear, since my MA transcripts arrived ridiculously late.

Same for me--my materials were late (damn you Royal Mail!), so I'm not surprised I'll be in the final group to hear.