U Minnesota Funding

We can be awkward together then :)

:)

Remember-- you've already impressed them. They are nervous about impressing YOU.

This was so helpful and lovely to read. Thanks! I'm actually calm enough to start putting together a list of questions about the programs I'm visiting, and I feel so much more in control of the situation.:)

Congrats to all of you who have been accepted to UMN's program! I'm currently on their wait list for English. I sent them an email last week inquiring about a potential time frame, funding, etc., and they haven't responded...maybe because they're preparing for campus visits? Or maybe...??? Who knows...has anyone (esp. other people on the wait list) heard anything?

• 2 weeks later...

Any new news on the waitlist process?

If it's any help to know this, my most recent letter from them said something like "in the interest of our waitlisted students, please let us know of your decision by April 15 at the latest, and let us know sooner if you have made your decision." I imagine a lot of us will be much closer to making our decisions after the recruitment visit this coming week! Good luck to you guys.

If it's any help to know this, my most recent letter from them said something like "in the interest of our waitlisted students, please let us know of your decision by April 15 at the latest, and let us know sooner if you have made your decision." I imagine a lot of us will be much closer to making our decisions after the recruitment visit this coming week! Good luck to you guys.

Thanks. It's Minnesota or bust at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats to the admit from the waitlist posted on the results board. Mind sharing your subfield? I'm early modern and would love to meet future classmates! Also, hope the funding situation works out!

Congrats to the admit from the waitlist posted on the results board. Mind sharing your subfield? I'm early modern and would love to meet future classmates! Also, hope the funding situation works out!

I'm not the one you are talking about, but I got in off the waitlist, too! I'm absolutely thrilled but apparently they're not able to offer their typical funding package...although this "could change" in the next couple of days, if some more people decline their offer. Mind if we PM to discuss details?!

I'm not the one you are talking about, but I got in off the waitlist, too! I'm absolutely thrilled but apparently they're not able to offer their typical funding package...although this "could change" in the next couple of days, if some more people decline their offer. Mind if we PM to discuss details?!

Congrats sportsnerd! And lyoness, I'm the other poster who got in off the waitlist. Ditto on my funding situation, but hopefully it works out! As for the subfield, I'm a Victorian. Are you visiting campus by chance, sportsnerd? Also, what's your subfield?

Congrats sportsnerd! And lyoness, I'm the other poster who got in off the waitlist. Ditto on my funding situation, but hopefully it works out! As for the subfield, I'm a Victorian. Are you visiting campus by chance, sportsnerd? Also, what's your subfield?

Congrats to you, too! I'm 20c American/AfAm lit. I'm strongly considering a visit to campus (maybe even as soon as this weekend), but a lot could change in the next couple of days if funding doesn't work out. That's really going to influence my decision...which I HATE because Minnesota was my top choice all along. What are your thoughts at the moment?