U Minnesota Funding

I have no info, but I can say that Madelon Sprengnether the DGS has been really prompt at getting back to me. Have you emailed her? Her assistant Karen Frederickson has also been really helpful as I've been arranging stuff for the visit weekend. If you haven't been emailing them and want their emails, PM me (or I'm sure you can find them on the website too). Good luck!

I have no info, but I can say that Madelon Sprengnether the DGS has been really prompt at getting back to me. Have you emailed her? Her assistant Karen Frederickson has also been really helpful as I've been arranging stuff for the visit weekend. If you haven't been emailing them and want their emails, PM me (or I'm sure you can find them on the website too). Good luck!

Thanks, I will do so if I need it. I wish I could be more gracious right now, but sports have sent me into a rage right now.

Nevermind, we have heard. It's a waitlist by subfield. Thanks for the help.

mine switched over too. i'm not too sad since i did my undergrad there and i knew it was unlikely, but it still hurts to know i'll be leaving all my amazing minneapolis friends!

I am sorry about your rejection. I have STILL not heard anything from Minnesota. At this point I am assuming a rejection, but I would still like to know for sure. Has anyone else not heard anything from them? I even e-mailed them about a week ago, but have received no response.

I hate this game... I have not heard any thing from any of the schools I applied to, and am getting very anxious. :-/

I am sorry about your rejection. I have STILL not heard anything from Minnesota. At this point I am assuming a rejection, but I would still like to know for sure. Has anyone else not heard anything from them? I even e-mailed them about a week ago, but have received no response.

I hate this game... I have not heard any thing from any of the schools I applied to, and am getting very anxious. :-/

It'll be another two-ish weeks for Iowa at least, so don't be too anxious. :D

I finally received a rejection from Minnesota. It was a very nice letter. I applied to the PhD program, and the letter said that they considered admitting me for an MA (I have only a BA now), but that ultimately they could not. Congrats to everyone who was accepted. I can definitely foresee reapplying to this program in the future - it seems outstanding.

You haven't heard anything from SUNY Buffalo?? They notified weeks ago (admits, waitlists and rejections). If you've heard nothing at all from them, you should give them a call.

You haven't heard anything from SUNY Buffalo?? They notified weeks ago (admits, waitlists and rejections). If you've heard nothing at all from them, you should give them a call.

I know they did - I am assuming rejection. I e-mailed them to ask, but received no reply. Receiving a rejection over phone is nerve wracking, but yeah, I should probably call.

Ok, so I just called. She said notifications are going out in batches and not everyone has been notified yet. I should receive notification via mail soon. So yeah... rejection.

I finally received a rejection from Minnesota. It was a very nice letter. I applied to the PhD program, and the letter said that they considered admitting me for an MA (I have only a BA now), but that ultimately they could not. Congrats to everyone who was accepted. I can definitely foresee reapplying to this program in the future - it seems outstanding.

Sorry:( If it helps at all, I was rejected from this program last year and this year I was accepted with a fellowship nomination...so applying again is definitely a good idea! I'm certainly glad I did.

Sorry:( If it helps at all, I was rejected from this program last year and this year I was accepted with a fellowship nomination...so applying again is definitely a good idea! I'm certainly glad I did.

Congrats! Do you think you are likely to attend UMN?

SO today I booked plane tickkets and hotel reservations for my partner and I for the recruitment weekend. We go to one in Utah this coming weekend, but his family lives there so that one doesn't feel the same. I don't know but this all is just starting to feel really REAL. I've been out of school since 2008, and I'm freaking out a bit. What if they think I'm really dumb when they met me and regret accepting me? Aahh! It's so weird to me that I'm worried like this. I've spent over a decade involved in speech and debate as a competitor and coach, been in multiple national final rounds with huge audiences, and usually love interviews, but not so much right now :( Anybody else worried about these recruitment visits?

SO today I booked plane tickkets and hotel reservations for my partner and I for the recruitment weekend. We go to one in Utah this coming weekend, but his family lives there so that one doesn't feel the same. I don't know but this all is just starting to feel really REAL. I've been out of school since 2008, and I'm freaking out a bit. What if they think I'm really dumb when they met me and regret accepting me? Aahh! It's so weird to me that I'm worried like this. I've spent over a decade involved in speech and debate as a competitor and coach, been in multiple national final rounds with huge audiences, and usually love interviews, but not so much right now :( Anybody else worried about these recruitment visits?

OMG yes! I know I'll suddenly have no idea what to say, what questions to ask, etc and just be super awkward! I've only been out of school for a year, but I'm worried that my brain has atrophied or something. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

OMG yes! I know I'll suddenly have no idea what to say, what questions to ask, etc and just be super awkward! I've only been out of school for a year, but I'm worried that my brain has atrophied or something. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

To both of you: I'm also incredibly nervous about visiting schools (I'm not going to Minnesota, though). I'm really glad it's not just me. I've been out for two years, and I made a massive, impossible reading list so I can fill in major gaps and basically just not seem quite as dumb as I might otherwise. Ack! But as my mom pointed out, they're not interviewing us. They won't be saying, "So, what do you think of such-and-such important theorist?" We're already accepted. At least, that's what I tell myself.

Good to know there's a few of us with the jitters. I also bought some books by the people I want to work with to read, though I've read a lot of their work before (and used it), it's been awhile and I figured it might be good luck to have them. I bought a couple of Frank Whigham's books before I heard from UTA, so I only got 1/2 lucky I guess . . . sigh. Oh well. Good luck to all of us at these visits!

Good luck, you guys! And going by stuff around here, you will be better than fine :-)

To both of you: I'm also incredibly nervous about visiting schools (I'm not going to Minnesota, though). I'm really glad it's not just me. I've been out for two years, and I made a massive, impossible reading list so I can fill in major gaps and basically just not seem quite as dumb as I might otherwise. Ack! But as my mom pointed out, they're not interviewing us. They won't be saying, "So, what do you think of such-and-such important theorist?" We're already accepted. At least, that's what I tell myself.

Good to know there's a few of us with the jitters. I also bought some books by the people I want to work with to read, though I've read a lot of their work before (and used it), it's been awhile and I figured it might be good luck to have them. I bought a couple of Frank Whigham's books before I heard from UTA, so I only got 1/2 lucky I guess . . . sigh. Oh well. Good luck to all of us at these visits!