U Minnesota Funding

yeah I was offered a fellowship for 1 semester and TA for the 2nd. Total funding for 6 years. I'm an early modernist. There wasn't word on summer funding, but I'll ask later. I'm pretty excited about the program and will definitely have questions for you. Thanks!

I'm sorry! are you referring to the applyyourself page? I don't see any link on mine...still says sent to program.

This season seems to be rough for everyone! I'm sitting on a few implicits but no official word from anyone.

Yeah, it's on the applyyourself page - it JUST popped up within the last, say, hour, and the link is at the bottom. Form letter. Gee whiz, Minnesota! So I'm really hoping that my first choice - Iowa - comes through. Eesh.

Congratulations to the folks who got/get in! :D

Ugh, I looked at last year's Minnesota thread and they had the same discussion- and graduate School Review turned into a rejection letter for at least one poster. So it could still go either way, I think.

My girlfriend is on the waitlist, and her's doesn't say that. It stills says the same application complete message as before.

I would assume that if you are on final review, you are probably getting cut. Best of luck to everyone who is still up in the air like we are.

i guess that's what is confusing. why not just change us to rejected status along with the others who heard the other week? none of them had reported seeing this status before it changed over to rejection (this year anyway, last year's thread was already mentioned).

Yeah, I think that it just means that someone in Minnesota is doing some data entry. From working in admissions and registrar's offices for the past tne years, I know that there are a lot of pointless steps to these things.

yeah, I'm starting to wonder if it doesn't just mean rejection. I get why the waitlisted peoples status wouldn't change as waitlisted is not an actual decision, but I feel like the dept would've contacted us if theyve already sent the decision to the grad school and the decision was acceptance. Jesus this process makes the imagination go wild. i will be glad to hear a firm answer soon!

Yeah, it's making me crazy. There was a solid, delusional 20 minutes yesterday when i saw that status change that I had rationalized it meant I had been accepeted. The fact that it seems like Minnesota has only made their fellowship offers so far has influenced that hope. But I calmed down and got reasonable about it. I need to just stop thinking about it- I'll find out sooner or later.