Met Internships

zoltan

4 hours ago, lumindeer said:

Anyone knows when the notification date for Met Cloisters is?

Hi there- I did the Cloisters internship last summer and I was notified I think on March 24th or 25th. I had interviewed on the last day of interviews, on March 18th. 

I was called in the morning by the director of the program. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, CYY said:

Did anyone hear back from the education department?  It's already April and I haven't heard back :( making me anxious

I didn't apply to the education department, but if I remember well, at the end of the application it said that they would notify everyone by the 4th of April, so this coming Monday!!!  (regardless whether you have been called for an interview or not). I feel with you, I am super anxious as well. I didn't receive any phone calls, but I  read from previous years that every department works differently, some make interviews, others don't. Good luck, I hope you get good news soon!

12 minutes ago, Madeleineloup said:

Hi,

I also applied for the MuSe graduate program but haven't heard anything yet... Did anyone get an answer?

Hey,

Nothing so far. I'm refreshing my e-mails in every minute though haha. 

17 minutes ago, Madeleineloup said:

Hi,

I also applied for the MuSe graduate program but haven't heard anything yet... Did anyone get an answer?

Nothing here yet either! I'm trying not to think about it, but that's not really happening, lol.

1 minute ago, Madeleineloup said:

Impossible to focus on my readings... But the answers should be given today, right..?

I looked back at the confirmation e-mail and it says the beginning of April. However, I remember after completing the application that it said April 4, so I think they should be sending them out today, at least I hope!

did you guys receive any prior phone calls for interviews?

5 minutes ago, Madeleineloup said:

Ok! No I didn't, but I actually met the curator (in Art of the Americas) at a conference. What about you? In which department did you apply?

Neither did I, which makes me even more anxious. I applied to the European Paintings and the Costume Institute. What about you?

I don't think that many departments conduct interviews... I have a friend who applied for the publication department and she didn't get an interview either, even though it's pretty sure that she's going to get in (she's from Harvard, Columbia PhD student and has a previous experience in the field). So I wouldn't worry on this matter!

I applied in Art of Africa, Oceania and the Americas.

1 hour ago, mmeserpent said:

Nothing here yet either! I'm trying not to think about it, but that's not really happening, lol.

Same situation here.. Nothing here for me too.. getting increasingly anxious.. :S 

On April 2, 2016 at 0:07 PM, rrenataaa said:

I didn't apply to the education department, but if I remember well, at the end of the application it said that they would notify everyone by the 4th of April, so this coming Monday!!!  (regardless whether you have been called for an interview or not). I feel with you, I am super anxious as well. I didn't receive any phone calls, but I  read from previous years that every department works differently, some make interviews, others don't. Good luck, I hope you get good news soon!

thank you!! waiting all day... hoped i'll get the results at least before afternoon but nothing yet. Good luck to you too!

25 minutes ago, mama said:

I JUST GOT AN EMAIL STATING I GOT IN! Not the internship length I wanted but still :) 

GOOD LUCK!

CONGRATS! do you mind if I ask which department/type of internship? Also has anyone else still not heard anything...?

25 minutes ago, heloise said:

CONGRATS! do you mind if I ask which department/type of internship? Also has anyone else still not heard anything...?

Applied for a couple including the summer and 12 month, I heard back from summer MUSE internship. Have yet to hear back from the 12 month internship but I'm assuming since I got into the summer that means I didn't get into the 12 month

3 minutes ago, mama said:

Applied for a couple including the summer and 12 month, I heard back from summer MUSE internship. Have yet to hear back from the 12 month internship but I'm assuming since I got into the summer that means I didn't get into the 12 month

That's already great! In which department will you be?

@CYY & @rrenataaa, no news either?

42 minutes ago, Madeleineloup said:

That's already great! In which department will you be?

@CYY & @rrenataaa, no news either?

No news yet either! It's making me think they are not going to send anything today as office hours are way past..., so yes, it'll be a tough night sleeping lol

In my email they didn't say April 4th they wrote early April I should expect a reply. They gave an acceptance deadline for the 8th so they might not send rejection letters to people who they might contact for the position in case someone backs out. 

Im only giving hypotheticals because I don't know. But I would assume if you didn't get a rejection letter you're probably going to get accepted. In my accordance letter there were multiple documents attached so that could be why they are taking their time getting back to people who are accepted