Hi, that was me -- just got a phone call from the department chair.

I was rejected from Brown today so this was nice compensation!

Best of luck to all of you!!

Congrats, sadsac! Would you happen to have any details on number of admits, expected date to hear back, etc.?

Congrats, sadsac! Would you happen to have any details on number of admits, expected date to hear back, etc.?

Hi cquin, thanks! I don't know anything about admissions numbers or dates but I was invited to an open house in March. I asked if this was going to be an interview process and was told no -- so I gather they aren't doing interviews this year, only offering admissions.

best of luck!

Hi, that was me -- just got a phone call from the department chair.

I was rejected from Brown today so this was nice compensation!

Best of luck to all of you!!

Congratulations on your acceptance!

Did they ask you to mail an official copy of your transcript prior to your acceptance? I thought they ask "finalists" to do so.

Edited by HappyCat

I was also accepted, and was the one to post the stats/info on the results board. Method was phone call.

15/500+ accepted; $23,622/yr for 5 years with no teaching duties; $1,000 one-time stipend for help relocating and setup; ~$5,000/yr(or semester?) for optional teaching (two 1-hour sections a semester, I think?) starting in year 3.

Also, visit weekend is close, on March 3rd/4th.

E-mails and official letters to come

Edited by jprufrock

I was also accepted, and was the one to post the stats/info on the results board. Method was phone call.

15/500+ accepted; $23,622/yr for 5 years with no teaching duties; $1,000 one-time stipend for help relocating and setup; ~$5,000/yr(or semester?) for optional teaching (two 1-hour sections a semester, I think?) starting in year 3.

15 out of 500+?!

Welp. I'm out. :P lol

(At this point, I think all I can do is laugh at rejections.)

Wow jprufrock, you're on a roll! Congrats to you and the other acceptees.

So, are we thinking that NYU is done calling, or might there be more admissions coming??

Based on the fact that the visiting weekend is fairly soon, I'd say the rest of us are out of luck. :(

Wow--congrats. That sounds like a really good package. I like how you have the option to teach for extra money.

Ugh, NYU is the last program I'm waiting to hear back from -- 1 rejection and 4 (!) waitlists at present, so it would be nice to finish it off with an acceptance, but this makes it sound unlikely...although it seems strange that they haven't said anything at all.

Ugh, NYU is the last program I'm waiting to hear back from -- 1 rejection and 4 (!) waitlists at present, so it would be nice to finish it off with an acceptance, but this makes it sound unlikely...although it seems strange that they haven't said anything at all.

They sent out acceptances and waitlists, and considering the open house is next week, I'm pretty sure it's implicit rejections at this point. :unsure:

Now I'm just confused -- I just got off the phone with a lady at the NYU English department who said that no notifications about PhD applications had been sent out yet, and that I should hear back sometime next week? Even though of course people have heard back and been invited to the visiting day? Weird.