WWS Admission Results 2011

smerd

Rejected! wondering if any Asian got through this year

Can anyone help me understand if Columbia SIPA is a good bet with huge debt of course!!!

Any word on if LSE or Lee Kaun Yew School of public policy is better?

Many Thanks!

Rejected! wondering if any Asian got through this year

Can anyone help me understand if Columbia SIPA is a good bet with huge debt of course!!!

Any word on if LSE or Lee Kaun Yew School of public policy is better?

Many Thanks!

There is no good or bad, if they charge so high and no funding provided, you are just using money to buy the name of the school i suppose. Schools make money for running master degree like SIPA.

There is no good or bad, if they charge so high and no funding provided, you are just using money to buy the name of the school i suppose. Schools make money for running master degree like SIPA.

That is what i am trying to gauge if it would do me any incremental benefit to do it from SIPA... is there any leverage on the debt in terms of better exposure, better jobs etc ?

So sorry to hear about the non-admit guys. I hope you all get in at other great programs. Any thoughts on how much funding they typically give their students (tuition and especially stipends)....if anybody knows please buzz in......

Rejected...

Edited by abogs78

So sorry to hear about the non-admit guys. I hope you are get in at other great programs. Any thoughts on how much funding they typically give their students (tuition and especially stipends)....if anybody knows please buzz in......

I think it's often tutiton +21k and sometimes 5k for the summer...

• 3 weeks later...

Rejected :-(

Is it possible to reach out to the school/university to get on the waitlist or discuss why I didn't get through?

Got into HKS, SIPA and Brown; but WWS was first choice.

Well, WWS has a lower admission rate than all the other schools you got into -I believe it's the harder program to get in of all of them. Still, you could potentially send and email asking about any weaknesses in your application.

In your shoes, I woudn't sweat it. Your decision is really difficult as it is. You got into awesome programs!

Thanks, cc139. I am leaning towards HKS, but SIPA is a good program too - tough decision.

I was wondering why I didn't get into WWS. My gre score was Quant=790,Verbal=700 and writing=4.5.

I also have 6 yrs work ex and a previous masters, as well as good recos.

Heartbreaking since I've wanted to go to WWS for years, but waited to get decent work ex. :-(

Well, WWS has a lower admission rate than all the other schools you got into -I believe it's the harder program to get in of all of them. Still, you could potentially send and email asking about any weaknesses in your application.

In your shoes, I woudn't sweat it. Your decision is really difficult as it is. You got into awesome programs!

Hi - I was amazed to get in to WWS and get full tuition plus $25K stipend on the MPP program (might be more as our summer program is longer). Pretty difficult to turn that down, but still considering HKS.

Got mine on Friday. Full tuition + $22k living stipend each year. Pretty unbelievable!