Anyway Else Not Want to Know The Final Verdict?

KreacherKeeper

So until today I was waiting desperately to hear. Now, I really don't want to know anymore. I am probably just fearful of rejection, or perhaps worried that it will send my life into uncertain waters, but last night I went to bed excited, hopeful, planning, and anxious (not to mention worried about if I was rejected what I would do with my life). Perhaps I am going through some admission cycle facsimile of the stages of grief? (I just realized the last stage of grief is acceptance, which of course would be a good ending)...

In any event, are there others out there?

I was the opposite. After I submitted my apps on the 15th, I was ready to wash my hands of it all until I got notified of whatever. But now, I'm increasingly irritable because I feel like I can't start concrete planning for the next phase of my life (job-hunting, or prepping for a move) until I hear back from these damn programs.

I'm supposed to get a decision from the one program I applied for tomorrow. Not knowing actually sounds preferable to rejection.

Second the luck!

I am weary of the waiting game, but I also can't imagine NOT waiting. I've been waiting to apply for so long, and then preparing my applications for so long, and then waiting for the results. I just can't imagine actually knowing if I'll get in! Seriously, I bought play tickets for a late April, and was visited by the chilling thought that by the time I go to this play, I will KNOW.

Scary stuff.

I was the opposite. After I submitted my apps on the 15th, I was ready to wash my hands of it all until I got notified of whatever. But now, I'm increasingly irritable because I feel like I can't start concrete planning for the next phase of my life (job-hunting, or prepping for a move) until I hear back from these damn programs.

agreed! I feel like I am in limbo.

does anyone know when is the very latest you should hear back?

agreed! I feel like I am in limbo.

does anyone know when is the very latest you should hear back?

well, it really depends on your school and program.

One program I applied to, for example, had sent replies (both acceptance and rejection) until mid May last year. And then again, some programs already finished their first round.

From what I read here in the forum, American schools usually reply by April 15th.

In any case, hang in there! They didn't forget about you - although it might seem that way...

And I thought I was the only one going through this paranoia of wondering how life is going to change with an admit, yet the fear of a reject too... Sigh... Glad to know its just a phase for all of us :)

... I was considering calling admissions to tell them I'd like to withdraw my application from the pool. It's killing me.

on the same boat. i have decided where i want to go (thank god for the acceptance from my top pick), and now i don't really care. well, i care about the rejections.. i don't want the rejection letters/emails. withdrawing is the way to go.. but then again, i think of all the benjies i spent during this process, and for benjie's sakes, i do want to wait it out and see how this ends.

I totally agree with everything that's being said!

I'm just going... whatever. Decisions will come when they want to come. However, because I'm in PhD and the deadline is April 15th and I'm abroad until the beginning of April so I'm kind... curious to know what will greet me. Plane tickets to universities or coffee dates with friends... :)

well, it really depends on your school and program.

One program I applied to, for example, had sent replies (both acceptance and rejection) until mid May last year. And then again, some programs already finished their first round.

From what I read here in the forum, American schools usually reply by April 15th.

In any case, hang in there! They didn't forget about you - although it might seem that way...

Luckily I got in to one place already, but I'm still waiting on 6 more. One thing is certain though: I'm making my decision by April 15th. Maybe I'm over-confident for being accepted somewhere, but at this point I think if a university can't get it together to make a decision by April 15th, I'm going to make the decision for them whether their loss or mine.

I waver on this a lot. Normally I refresh multiple times a day, even on weekends, and even in the evenings (hey, you never know) but I woke up this Monday morning and literally forgot to check any applications anywhere until around 2pm when I remembered that I'd been obsessed with this in the first place. I called one of my schools to see where we are in the application process and when they told me that I would receive a response next week, my excitement disappeared as soon as I hung up. I don't want to know anymore. I'm not ready to receive my rejections yet. :(

So until today I was waiting desperately to hear. Now, I really don't want to know anymore. I am probably just fearful of rejection, or perhaps worried that it will send my life into uncertain waters, but last night I went to bed excited, hopeful, planning, and anxious (not to mention worried about if I was rejected what I would do with my life). Perhaps I am going through some admission cycle facsimile of the stages of grief? (I just realized the last stage of grief is acceptance, which of course would be a good ending)...

In any event, are there others out there?

Hah! Yes! I feel the same way. I think for me it is definitely fear of being rejected - again - from the only 2 schools I have left... I told my fiance if I do get rejected from both of them, I will definitely be going through the stages of grief.

Good luck!! Eat some chocolate :)

I feel the same way. I felt suprisingly calm and uncharacteristically not stressed until March 1st hit. Wouldn't say I'm freaking out quite yet, but the anticipation is definitely creeping up on me. I keep checking the results board. So far the only program that has accepted is the one that offered me admission so I have no reason to cry... Still, sometimes I just want this all to be over so I can rest in peace and a slight bit of certainty :(

Oh god. A phone call with LSE confirmed that a decision has been made on my application, but they can't tell me what it is yet. I feel like I want to throw up, I'm so anxious trying to guess the response from the woman's laughy smiling chatter (I must have been accepted!!) but awkward reluctance to tell me that a decision had been made at all (oh god she didn't want to tell me because she knows that it's bad news.) I don't want to know either way now.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the waiting is giving me stomach ulcers. I've received one bit of news so far - I was accepted to a Master's in Park & Resource Management program at Slippery Rock. What I want to get into is the Ph.D. Computational Biology program at CMU-Pitt. They said they'd tell us by March 15th... six more days!