OGS 2011-2012 Results

stanxv

For those who are still waiting, we received a campus-wide e-mail today from graduate studies. Here are some useful bits:

"Students are strongly encouraged to check their online status for the results as this is the fastest way. Letters will also be sent to students but at a later date. For students who applied on paper & don't have a SIN, they can call the general inquiry line at 1-800-465-3957.

What's new this year for successful students is that they will have an online Confirmation of Acceptance available to them when they log in. In addition to this, successful students will only have until June 30, 2011 to confirm their acceptance. If they do not confirm by June 30, 2011, they will be considered as forfeiting their award.

Students placed on a reversion list (wait list) will be contacted before December 2, 2011, if they are selected for an award. They should not call Graduate Studies or the ministry for their rank as this will not be provided."

so since technically you can take up an OGS from may-april, the results will come out AFTER the scholarship start date, and the reversion-list decisions will happen 7 months into a 12-month award?

/golf clap for the OGS bureaucrats

Still under review - discipline code 104 History

Question: does anyone know if you can still receive an OGS if you change your discipline? I initially wanted to do history and applied for OGS in history, but have since decided to go to grad school for linguistics. If I am awarded an OGS, would I be able to accept it for a linguistics program?

so since technically you can take up an OGS from may-april, the results will come out AFTER the scholarship start date, and the reversion-list decisions will happen 7 months into a 12-month award?

/golf clap for the OGS bureaucrats

[/quote

if OGS is anything like sshrc, which i got in DECEMBER 2011 after being on the wait list, you would still get the full amount, but a lump sum of the payments you missed. Chances of getting OGS after being waitlisted are much better than being waitlisted for sshrc, and my guess is you'd find out even earlier if you move up on the OGS waitlist....

hoping that OGS results get posted at midnight! (I no longer qualify for SSHRC)

Im starting to think I didnt get it because other science people on this forum have heard something and I havent. Is it possible that I still might hear good news?!

anything is possible at this point... it seems that OGS results come out in different ways every year. Don't give up yet!

I am currently receiving this message when logging in to OGS: The online application is temporarily unavailable as it is currently being updated. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. Please check back later.

Perhaps we will see some status updates shortly.

I am currently receiving this message when logging in to OGS: The online application is temporarily unavailable as it is currently being updated. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. Please check back later.

Perhaps we will see some status updates shortly.

That is strange. I have no problem logging in!

haha. maybe we broke it by refreshing too many times....

You can still access it by going directly to the login page (they only changed the link on the Login button image to direct to the help page, probably to limit server load).

The direct login page can be found here: https://osap.gov.on.ca/OSAPSecurityWeb/public/login.xhtml

Aside, mine still says April 24th and waiting. PhD, 305 (Elec. Eng)

You can still access it by going directly to the login page (they only changed the link on the Login button image to direct to the help page, probably to limit server load).

The direct login page can be found here: https://osap.gov.on....lic/login.xhtml

Aside, mine still says April 24th and waiting. PhD, 305 (Elec. Eng)

We are in the same boat. PhD, 305 (Elec. Eng) and no update since April 24th.

Hi! I learned on April 27th that I received OGS. I am an MSC Biology 402. I received the same confirmation as stanvx, and mine says April 24th as well.

Our Biology Grad Administrator sent out an email to everyone to announce that the results were up. I think they may be going by discipline (science) and maybe by school, since she knew we all had the results.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Since I've clearly been logging into the OGS site every day for the past month... I noticed that the date was usually updated quite often. It could be that they haven't updated since the 24th as they are waiting until they input the results for the other sections (other than Bio). Doesn't make the waiting any easier. Every time I log in I think, "maybe this time...."

211/Sociology

hey were any of the last wave of updates (bio/biochem) done over the weekend? im trying to figure out whether it's even worth checking through the weekend for my competition (206, public admin) or whether i should just wait until monday

Edited by borkborkbork