OGS 2011-2012 Results

stanxv

I think calling is also a bad idea. Besides, it is probable you would spend the majority of the call on hold only to get a very vague response. So in the end you will probably only waste your own time and exacerbate your own frustration.

The phone number of the OGS office is:

807-343-7257

Everybody is requested to call them if the results not issued FRIDAY

I can get to the OSAP website but when I try to get into the login section it does not bring up the next page. This is either because of volume or perhaps because they are doing some updations as we speak

The website is also for OSAP users (so possibly they changed something there). Also it's possible we all just got trigger happy on checking out OGS results that we shut down part of the server backend rolleyes.gif

(no status change for me, either)

Folks who want to express dissatisfaction with the decision timeline and notification process might consider contacting OSAP or the TCU ministry level -- that's where staffing decisions are likely to be made (I don't have inside info for OGS specifically, just experience working in other academic bureaucracies):

Student Financial Assistance Branch

Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)

PO Box 4500

189 Red River Road, 4th Floor

Thunder Bay, ON P7B 6G9

Telephone: (807) 343-7260

Toll-free in North America: 1-877-OSAP-411 (1-877-672-7411)

Telephone Device for the Deaf (TDD): 1-800-465-3958

Fax: (807) 343-7278

https://www.ontario.ca/en/contacts/feedback/index.htm

Logged in, click OGS and I get the following:

The online application is temporarily unavailable as it is currently being updated. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. Please check back later.

We'll see.

Likewise - from compulsive checking in days past I have come to the conclusion that the system often updates at 2 PM EST....although, given that it has not updated since the 24th I am not holding my breath.

I just logged into the site to check results, and it says the site is unavailable because it is being UPDATED! Yay, maybe we'll see something soon! :D

PHD ECE (305) (updated within 30 minutes) since I checked 30 min ago and it was still April 24th.

Application completed - Successful

Congratulations! You have been recommended by the Selection Board to receive a 2011-2012 Ontario Graduate Scholarship. The value of the award is $5,000 per term. The award may be accepted for two or three consecutive terms. You may choose to have your scholarship start in May 2011, September 2011 or January 2012.

PHD ECE (305) (updated within 30 minutes) since I checked 30 min ago and it was still April 24th.

Application completed - Successful

Congratulations! You have been recommended by the Selection Board to receive a 2011-2012 Ontario Graduate Scholarship. The value of the award is $5,000 per term. The award may be accepted for two or three consecutive terms. You may choose to have your scholarship start in May 2011, September 2011 or January 2012.

Congrats jimmydalock! I'd say not to worry. This happened to me last year: mine was updated to say I was successful, but they took it down until all of the applicants were given results. So, Congratulations on getting an OGS! Crossing my fingers now, for funding in the last year I qualify for OGS!

It's 2pm and there's no change ....

Likewise - from compulsive checking in days past I have come to the conclusion that the system often updates at 2 PM EST....although, given that it has not updated since the 24th I am not holding my breath.